Sign in to follow this  
TheJourney

Expand! Learn about yourself

This is something i've thought about many times, often while high. Sometimes it freaks me out to think about it, but at times it seems so obvious. Basically that the world is describing me. I don't mean like me personally but I mean our true self. The tao. The ultimate. The everything. What some call God. The more you realize your "self" as you know it is an illusion, and try to better understand reality as it truly is, you begin to relate to the world more and more. You may not realize it, but the reason this happens is because you're becoming more and more in touch with who you really are. Understanding that you are the ultimate leads to absolute bliss. Just believe in yourself and know that this moment is perfect. And then it will be.

It also explains what's been going on with my dreams. Idk if you guys believe in this stuff, but a spirit and/or my higher self has been trying to contact me through my dreams. It's been wonderful. Anyways, in one of my recent dreams a dream character that looked like my mom kept telling me how I had expanded and stuff. I had never heard of it as expanding. But that also ties in and explains why I feel one with everything, i've expanded.

Edited by TheJourney

Thanks! I'm curious as to whether people are ready to hear they they ultimately are everything. I'm not sure if many people would be able to accept it.

Hi TheJourney

Thank you for this interesting post. I like the way you put this : "The more you realize your "self" as you know it is an illusion, and try to better understand reality as it truly is, you begin to relate to the world more and more."

But sometimes there is a regret that not many people can understand and able to see "reality" of life. Often, we are unable to let go of many things in life.

Like what you have written, its a peaceful feeling to "just believe in yourself and know that this moment is perfect".

cherryfann

I have spoken to some Taoists who believe that their lives (according to Lao Tzu) are supposed to be very simple and predictable. Live within a small prescribed radius, and no harm will come to you. I don't see it that way at all.

How are we to grow, if we are not willing to "expand"? If we are not willing to fall in love, get our hearts broken, chase after a dream, audition for the role, go after the job, face the fear? And it's not like these things go away, when we turn our backs on them; we just become less prepared for when they do happen.

What good is all the centering in the world, if we don't ride on that practice, toward living a full and engaged life? Being a wise enlightened man in a cave interests me not at all; that's just "being right".

What I find powerful and relevant is engaging with my own limitations, expanding by paying attention to where I make my life small.

There's so much to the world! And it never ends! I can accept where am I now, but I cannot stop there. What better purpose for my life, then to live it fully, with sincerity, heart, and a sense of humor?

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm curious as to whether people are ready to hear they they ultimately are everything. I'm not sure if many people would be able to accept it.

Perhaps many do accept it, but like cherryfann says many may not or unable to let go all that easily.

I have spoken to some Taoists who believe that their lives (according to Lao Tzu) are supposed to be very simple and predictable. Live within a small prescribed radius, and no harm will come to you. I don't see it that way at all.

How are we to grow, if we are not willing to "expand"? If we are not willing to fall in love, get our hearts broken, chase after a dream, audition for the role, go after the job, face the fear? And it's not like these things go away, when we turn our backs on them; we just become less prepared for when they do happen.

What good is all the centering in the world, if we don't ride on that practice, toward living a full and engaged life? Being a wise enlightened man in a cave interests me not at all; that's just "being right".

What I find powerful and relevant is engaging with my own limitations, expanding by paying attention to where I make my life small.

There's so much to the world! And it never ends! I can accept where am I now, but I cannot stop there. What better purpose for my life, then to live it fully, with sincerity, heart, and a sense of humor?

Nice.

Sign in to follow this