Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

SI joint

Anybody successfully used stretching (or anything else, for that matter) for a bad SI joint?

Anybody successfully used stretching (or anything else, for that matter) for a bad SI joint?

Hi Lozen, I attended a few of Liz Koch's Psoas workshops here in NYC and she seems to know alot about this. There are always a few attendees who have questions about that. She seems to say people often hurt that because (at least one reason) is the psoas is 'tight' and they end up stretching ligaments and what not. Her website is www.coreawareness.com

T

Lozen,

If you can release your glute muscles, especially your medius and minimus, your SI joint often has an easier time of maintaining itself. Certain things can aggravate, such as leg length differences (true and apparent, which is when your own tight muscles cause the imbalance.)

Helpfuls: trigger point release, stretching, chiropractic adjustment backed up with soft tissue release.

And what Thaddeus said.

Might try D-Flame by NOW or something similiar if there's joint inflammation.

Should be taken on an empty stomach or two hours aftr eating.

Can eat 20 minutes afterward.

The instructions say with meals but it will not be as effective.

Here's the webb site of Ginny Nadler who teaches how to open up from your core

to correct imbalances in your structure.

http://www.bodywisdom.biz/body.html

Don't know if she's in your friends area. You can always email her to see if she knows

someone where you live.

Core therapy with Liz Koch also might help - I took a workshop a number of years ago.

I did get more from Ginney though.

Sign in to follow this