Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Relaxation, a Natural rooting.

Im starting to find it slightly funny about 90% of my posts are questions, not frequent, but none the less questions.

Anyway. I've noticed look out my window or off into the distance, feeling a cool gust of wind, or looking into the stars

I automatically lean back slightly, but feel much more balanced then I had tensed and leaning foward like I do throughout my day, just standing like this makes me more and more calm.

Similar happens when im running and meditating actually.. After awhile of running I notice my head is further back, chest slightly out, and feet kicking up to my back.

Thing is it's more im going along for a ride, rather then pushing my cardio/endurance limits, like im walking on air, takes about a lap until I relax into that though. When I start watching the scenery.

Meditating.. Well in the beginning I slightly feel like im trying, then after about 10 minutes I get that relaxation, and im able to position myself alot more comfortably. I Feel like I can meditate as long as I want to after that wave hits me.

It's funny how even if we try our hardest, sometimes we'd be better off just relaxing.

Im starting to find it slightly funny about 90% of my posts are questions, not frequent, but none the less questions.

Anyway. I've noticed look out my window or off into the distance, feeling a cool gust of wind, or looking into the stars

I automatically lean back slightly, but feel much more balanced then I had tensed and leaning foward like I do throughout my day, just standing like this makes me more and more calm.

Similar happens when im running and meditating actually.. After awhile of running I notice my head is further back, chest slightly out, and feet kicking up to my back.

Thing is it's more im going along for a ride, rather then pushing my cardio/endurance limits, like im walking on air, takes about a lap until I relax into that though. When I start watching the scenery.

Meditating.. Well in the beginning I slightly feel like im trying, then after about 10 minutes I get that relaxation, and im able to position myself alot more comfortably. I Feel like I can meditate as long as I want to after that wave hits me.

It's funny how even if we try our hardest, sometimes we'd be better off just relaxing.

Haha, yea i can relate. Usually during meditation i'll start off in a position and after i begin to really relax my body will just move/adjust itself to a better position. Its quite fun :D

As to the running example and the concept of will...Yea its a common pattern one to start by using will but eventually find that following the path of least resistance ends up being a better option. However i think its necessary for the will to be there first so it can guide the unconscious mind. For example in the case of lifestyle, someone who's addicted to smoking who "relaxes" will just continue to smoke and not worry about it.. However if they use will to guide their mind and thoughts in a diff direction(or to "set the pace"), then relax into that then it may be more enjoyable and better off for the original intent. I think will definately has a place but i would agree that it more fun to be unconsciously "successful", than to be consciously "successful".

To everyone's eventual unconscious mastery! :D

-Astral

Edited by Astral_Anima

Haha, yea i can relate. Usually during meditation i'll start off in a position and after i begin to really relax my body will just move/adjust itself to a better position. Its quite fun :D

As to the running example and the concept of will...Yea its a common pattern one to start by using will but eventually find that following the path of least resistance ends up being a better option. However i think its necessary for the will to be there first so it can guide the unconscious mind. For example in the case of lifestyle, someone who's addicted to smoking who "relaxes" will just continue to smoke and not worry about it.. However if they use will to guide their mind and thoughts in a diff direction(or to "set the pace"), then relax into that then it may be more enjoyable and better off for the original intent. I think will definately has a place but i would agree that it more fun to be unconsciously "successful", than to be consciously "successful".

To everyone's eventual unconscious mastery! :D

-Astral

Hm that's an interesting way to put it.

At the end of the runs I have to say it's a mixed feeling of that and trying. Im enjoying myself when im really out of energy, but still trying to keep going.

I never really run my max ^_^

but yea I liked your example with smoking. Not that I do, just saying.

Glad to hear you are making good progress. :) Relaxation is a foundation for furthering cultivation practices.

When that relaxed state appears in me, I think back to words of Bruce Frantzis' book "Relaxing Into Your Being." (I haven't read it, but really resonate with the title.)

:)

That sounds about right, probably will look into that book.

Thanks alot rainbow =)

Ive checked out bruce frantzis audio program "the tao of letting go" Its good stuff but its kind of slow. I do deep relaxation exercises similar to what he describes all the time anyways.

I usually go through my entire body and let go of tension/breath in relaxation, part by part. Its almost the same as what the first two hours of his audio program were about.

Ive actually known a few smokers that relax into it so much that they forget to smoke for weeks at a time. They usually only smoke in social situations. B)

Ive checked out bruce frantzis audio program "the tao of letting go" Its good stuff but its kind of slow. I do deep relaxation exercises similar to what he describes all the time anyways.

I usually go through my entire body and let go of tension/breath in relaxation, part by part. Its almost the same as what the first two hours of his audio program were about.

Ive actually known a few smokers that relax into it so much that they forget to smoke for weeks at a time. They usually only smoke in social situations. B)

Hm hey cool. I used a method that sounds similar to that, from the book Qi gong Empowerment. I'd do it for about 40 minutes before I did my chi kung haha (Bit much?).

Cool thing about the smokers aswell =).

I remember asking my Sifu when I first learned qigong and he was suggested I should teach, and I was coming up with 101 possible problems students could bring to practise, and wanted to know the 101 answers I should have ready to deal with all their potential issues.

To each scenario I could envisage he offered just the one solution :

"they must relax"

:D

It is such an art.

Nice one NeiChuan.

I remember asking my Sifu when I first learned qigong and he was suggested I should teach, and I was coming up with 101 possible problems students could bring to practise, and wanted to know the 101 answers I should have ready to deal with all their potential issues.

To each scenario I could envisage he offered just the one solution :

"they must relax"

:D

It is such an art.

Nice one NeiChuan.

Really cool haha. Yeah one of my friends use to say "3 minutes of chi kung right is better then 30 minutes of doing chi kung wrong/sloppy."

experiences like that, teachers giving such simple answers I mean, always makes me grin ^_^

heres a nice little article taking about how the most important aspect of Aikido is relaxing, even if you have no interest in aikido I think you may still find the article enjoyable and of value to your daily life My link

Sign in to follow this