Sign in to follow this  
TheJourney

sub me dawgz

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJourney2218

this is my youtube channel! "The truth of no truth" is the only vid i've uploaded since i've had my current world view. the others are good too though, i think.

had a different channel that had a bit more success than this one has had so far, but stupid name and much different topics led me to create this one.

Edited by TheJourney

You should read more, learn more, study more, meditate more, discuss more instead of putting up lecture videos or writing one liner no-experience-conceptual-based greeting card aphorisms.

• Like 3

You should read more, learn more, study more, meditate more, discuss more instead of putting up lecture videos or writing one liner no-experience-conceptual-based greeting card aphorisms.

dude...why are you on my dick? seriously? if you don't agree, lay off. i don't care. i'm here for people who like what i have to say. if you don't, i don't care. talk to people who care. because i don't. mkay?

dude...why are you on my dick? seriously? if you don't agree, lay off. i don't care. i'm here for people who like what i have to say. if you don't, i don't care. talk to people who care. because i don't. mkay?

Have an open mind. That's all I'm saying.

If you only like hearing people applaud you, well, you should read more Chinese history (at least that's where I learned it from).

Mkay? ^_^ .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 3

I also recoil from these. Trite and empty wisdoms... yeeuuuch.:wacko:

However. There is a big market for such stuffs, many people find them comforting.

I'd not be thrilled to see the board liberally sprinkled with such dim offerings. But what to do, when so many people take that for nutrition?

I have to assume it is food, for those that eat it.

So many times I have assumed other people truly have the nutrition they say they have, only to find that by my standards they are eating sawdust.

One persons sawdust is another persons HagenDaaz.

Bizzare as it seems sometimes.

+1 to Lucky7Strikes even if I could not see your videos (internal server error) simply because this thread went nowhere.

and those who speak...

I also recoil from these. Trite and empty wisdoms... yeeuuuch.:wacko:

However. There is a big market for such stuffs, many people find them comforting.

I'd not be thrilled to see the board liberally sprinkled with such dim offerings. But what to do, when so many people take that for nutrition?

I have to assume it is food, for those that eat it.

So many times I have assumed other people truly have the nutrition they say they have, only to find that by my standards they are eating sawdust.

One persons sawdust is another persons HagenDaaz.

Bizzare as it seems sometimes.

milk before meat, Cat... :)

some of my fav aphorisms:

Reality is what happens when you don't believe in it anymore.

Time is a great teacher...unfortunately, it kills all it students.

aphorisms are easily digested, but the effects on are growth are sometimes like empty calories.

But, they are a nice starting point for people if it gets them to begin to think rather than stoke their egos.

I am finally learning, Cat, that real wisdom is a form of child abuse. It's like making someone with little strength carry something immoveable when they are not ready.

love,

s

• Like 1

.. one liner no-experience-conceptual-based greeting card aphorisms.
Did you even listen to
? Your description bares no resemblence to his vid.

He talked about the interplay of raw mystical experience, social conditioning and beliefs. Clear, detailed, over 6 minutes. (The only one-liner was the title.)

As far as similarity to greeting cards, I found your put-down of him to be glib, short, catchy.

- Trunk

p.s.

I recuse myself from moderating this thread. :D

Did you even listen to

? Your above response is catchy but bares no resemblence to his vid.

He talked about the interplay of raw mystical experience, social conditioning and beliefs. Clear, detailed, over 6 minutes. (The only one-liner was the title.)

I did see his videos. It's catchphrase on catchphrase, list of word plays, a logic play and not based on experience. If it was based on experience he would have penetrated into his own role within his theories, but he never did that, just spat out theories based on assumptions. It wasn't clear and detailed, because the words he used like "truth", "objective", "subjective," "ultimate," well might as well just say "everything" are tossed around as if they weren't abstract, but have true meaning to them, so we have a worm hole mind game.

Those words are there to communicate the ineffable, and I don't mind using them at all, but as long as their context as abstract notions are understood.

The logic of that video is basically this:

1) Everyone thinks different things, sees different things because they have varying perspectives

2) But that's ok because everyone has different perspectives anyway

3) So the perspective that everyone has a different perspective is where we end

This is good, but lacks what we might call a transmutive factor, it's basically a view held by the mind thinking "this is the right view" and has no seriousness to it but the mind going "yes I am right, what I think is right" It comes from word play, not direct insight, like drawing a perfectly measured geometric figure that has absolutely no relevance to life. As long as it makes "sense," it's good, but a lot of things make sense without any meaning to it, like "things are different, so their difference is the same, but the sameness is the difference, so same and different are one thing"

So his views are ok, but that's precisely what concerns me, because the mind can fixate itself on stuff like "concept of no-concepts," justify itself through theories of "oneness," as he does in the video, and conclude with "we are all enlightened." People on the board, including me, have said the same things in the past, and I have fallen into similar mind traps many many times. But no true understanding has taken place, because the implications of these theories haven't hit home personally as in what it truly means to our very experience right now. T

The context is also different, and you know this because he has mentioned "everyone is enlightened" (Dogen travelled throughout China to find answer to this paradox because it bothered him so much, but it doesn't seem to bother TheJourney..) as a pass to chase past habits of pleasure, the mind justifies the body's habits this way, it's false wisdom. This is why practitioners mix insight and concentrative meditation, it's precisely what splits mere philosophy and meditation.

What alarms me is his close mindedness, and because his theories due have some merit to them in the field of "making sense" with the mystical jargon here, I'm afraid there will be a lot of pat-on-the-back affirmations instead of someone throwing him a challenge.

The one liners I was mentioning was referring to many of his posts here on the board. Like, "love is all you need." I didn't see any raw mystical experience of social conditioning (at least not any better than , oh people believe different things).

I wrote a reply this long to show that yes, I did indeed consider what he said, and passed careful judgment and not just a "oh god, what does this kid know" type of thing. I won't bash TheJourney any more, I've said all that I had to say. :) .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

As far as similarity to greeting cards, I found your put-down of him to be glib, short, catchy.

I put him down in detail on other threads. ^_^ . You're welcome to check them out. :P .

Lucky7, only you would say that a vid where I specifically say that the truth is non-conceptual is based on concepts :lol: The strong negative reaction i'm getting for absolutely no reason is just further proof that i'm doing something right. How immature are you? You're like a baby. "I disagree with you so i'm gonna respond to every post you make and try to make you look stupid and whine like a little baby." No, it is you who looks stupid. I don't care what you think. Stop responding to me. Jesus. Maybe there's an ignore function on this forum.

Edited by TheJourney

Lucky7, only you would say that a vid where I specifically say that the truth is non-conceptual is based on concepts :lol: The strong negative reaction i'm getting for absolutely no reason is just further proof that i'm doing something right. How immature are you? You're like a baby. "I disagree with you so i'm gonna respond to every post you make and try to make you look stupid and whine like a little baby." No, it is you who looks stupid. I don't care what you think. Stop responding to me. Jesus. Maybe there's an ignore function on this forum.

:wub:

You have yet to reply to any of the contents of my posts, but only to the fact that they disagree with what you say. So I keep writing questions and challenges.

(Don't read this!)

It is based on concepts. Just saying it's not based on concepts does not make it not based on concepts. Then what else is your video based on? Feelings? Intuition? Have you gave consideration to the what "concepts" means? This is what the mind's worm hole looks like. Non-concepts become concepts, non-truths become truths, the words cease to have meaning. The act of conceptualization is much deeper than just labeling it a mere non concept.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

HagenDaaz.

Mmm, they just came out with an Amaretto Almond flavor! Super Yum! HagenDaaz, the Bodhisattva of ice cream! Few and pure ingredients in complex flavors!

:wub:

This is what the mind's worm hole looks like. Non-concepts become concepts, non-truths become truths, the words cease to have meaning. The act of conceptualization is much deeper than just labeling it a mere non concept.

No denying the validity of this statement.

The logic of that video is basically this:

1) Everyone thinks different things, sees different things because they have varying perspectives

2) But that's ok because everyone has different perspectives anyway

3) So the perspective that everyone has a different perspective is where we end

You're still far off.

Seems that you're invested in not actually communicating.

The Journey - I loved your video. I am smiling at your attempt to put such concepts into sentences, but you did a really good job of it. I was particularly taken by your down-to-earthness, which tells me that you have more than digested that which you were trying to communicate. It takes a real talent to condense most of the material we read - often intellectual tomes - into language that can be understood by the everyday person. In future videos, I would suggest making use of analogy as a tool to try and get the grand and subtle concepts across. I think you did a really good job -

Mmm, they just came out with an Amaretto Almond flavor! Super Yum! HagenDaaz, the Bodhisattva of ice cream! Few and pure ingredients in complex flavors!

:D

YUM.

:D

YUM.

If haggen-dazz made a flavor of ice cream called "enlightenment" what would it taste like? ^_^

Edited by phore

milk before meat, Cat... :)

some of my fav aphorisms:

Reality is what happens when you don't believe in it anymore.

Time is a great teacher...unfortunately, it kills all it students.

aphorisms are easily digested, but the effects on are growth are sometimes like empty calories.

But, they are a nice starting point for people if it gets them to begin to think rather than stoke their egos.

I am finally learning, Cat, that real wisdom is a form of child abuse. It's like making someone with little strength carry something immoveable when they are not ready.

love,

s

Crumbs! ( that's an English exclamation like Zut Alors! would be in French.. I cant right now think of a USA equivalent.. dang! is an approximation maybe..:D )

I like the 'empty calories' analogy. Beginning to think is good. Continuing to do so is even better...

One thing is, that we all have a mental invisibility cloak which we use to shield us from stuff that doesnt fit into our current frameworks if it's too uncomfortable...just cant see what we are looking at, to so many degrees that I spend a huge amount of time cleaning my spectacles.

The first thing ever I felt, after the first time I meditated was "It's like my vision has been washed." and I meant my perception, my ability to perceive. Suddenly more focused and clear. A process. I so love being around people who have much clearer vision than I. Yet my invisibility cloak goes cranking into action without any conscious spell cast by me.

heh. Time is teaching me, and I'm heading toward death. Inexorably! What nutsville it all is.

(TheJourney.. apologies for wandering about in your thread, speaking of ice cream and spectacles.)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this