Everything

Lucid dreaming

Hey, guys.

I've witnessed alot of talk about higher awareness here. One of the best signs of a good and solid awareness is lucid dreaming. I've currently got a frequency of 2 lucid dreams per week, of 10-20 minutes each. If anyone claims to have better succes then that, I would really appreciate some advice on how to increase my awareness during the day/sleep. Perhaps even how to recognize dreams or prepare my mind during the day/night before sleep for lucid dreaming. I find that lucid dreaming allows me to experience the waking life more vividly and with more enjoyment aswell. So, how did you go about reaching that kind of succes?

I hope all is familiar with the term "lucid dreaming." It is basicly a dream where you are aware of your surroundings, can use your five senses and have acces to your memory. The experience can be intense, sometimes even more vivid then the waking world. As your mind is the creator of this dream world, your psych can perceive whatever it wants to perceive. If you think you've never had a lucid dream, stick around. Perhaps someone got some interesting words on this topic you might want to hear.

I found that meditating on the awareness of the 5 senses, and the dream-like nature of the waking world will increase the lucidity during night tremendously. But on busy days I almost go about the routines, forgetting all. How do you go about doing this? Keeping a meditative mind even during activities that require so much attention and focus.

I have been practicing various forms of dream yoga over the years. Some things helped more than others.

Heres basic taoist dream yoga principles:

Pray to the gods (some talk of a goddess) of the dream world before you go to sleep and after you wake up and remember your dreams.

Place a container of water next to your bed on level with your head. (i use a crystal goblet of alpine spring water and drink it when i wake up.) Water is the element connected with dreams.

Practice whole body relaxation as you fall asleep. I find that i enter a trance state and it deepens into a dream then later to deep sleep (which can also become a lucid experience)

There are a few dream herbs that can help you learn to achieve lucidity. The one i recommend is xhosa dream herb.

The shamans traditionally brewed it in some tea.

edt:fixed the link

Edited by phore

I average about 1 Lucid Dream per month. Good work, everything.

For me, whenever I catch myself day-dreaming, I will just tell myself: "Nick, you're dreaming". The trick is that I'm day-dreaming a lot of the time, and it's not always easy to remember to tell myself that I'm dreaming.

I have lucid dreams almost every night, to be honest. Until a few months ago I would have them maybe twice a week (even in a regular dream I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't make myself wake up or even control the dream. I could only let it runs its course).

As far as being more aware of my environment around me, my other senses are heightened as well as my reflexes, but they have been that way for some time now as well. So I'm not sure if there is a connection between the two...I'll write about that in my BOS and see if one affects the other.

Hey, guys.

I've witnessed alot of talk about higher awareness here. One of the best signs of a good and solid awareness is lucid dreaming. I've currently got a frequency of 2 lucid dreams per week, of 10-20 minutes each. If anyone claims to have better succes then that, I would really appreciate some advice on how to increase my awareness during the day/sleep. Perhaps even how to recognize dreams or prepare my mind during the day/night before sleep for lucid dreaming. I find that lucid dreaming allows me to experience the waking life more vividly and with more enjoyment aswell. So, how did you go about reaching that kind of succes?

I hope all is familiar with the term "lucid dreaming." It is basicly a dream where you are aware of your surroundings, can use your five senses and have acces to your memory. The experience can be intense, sometimes even more vivid then the waking world. As your mind is the creator of this dream world, your psych can perceive whatever it wants to perceive. If you think you've never had a lucid dream, stick around. Perhaps someone got some interesting words on this topic you might want to hear.

I found that meditating on the awareness of the 5 senses, and the dream-like nature of the waking world will increase the lucidity during night tremendously. But on busy days I almost go about the routines, forgetting all. How do you go about doing this? Keeping a meditative mind even during activities that require so much attention and focus.

De-clutter the mind of all the days events etc. Letting go completely in other words. Always seems to help every time.

I lucid dream about once every 2 or 3 months. I enter the lucid state becuas I'm constantly questiong whats going on and my reality when I'm awake. Usually my minds finally stops thinking when I sleep but not always. When it doesn't I lucid dream.

I've lucid dreamed my whole life. I go in phases where I do it a lot, anywhere up to like 5 times a week, or not very much, like a couple times a month. I can lucid dream whenever I want, though. I just have to have already been asleep for a few hours, then I know how to enter into a dream without losing consciousness. I can give you my technique for doing that if you'd like.(I don't really need to use the technique anymore, I can just kinda do it by just being aware, but i'll tell you the technique I used to use that gave me that ability)

go to sleep for a few hours and set an alarm or something. Once you wake up, don't get off your bed but look around a couple seconds so you regain a little awareness. Then try to go back to sleep. While trying to go to sleep, though, play a part of a song over and over again in your head. Just like you're listening to it on the radio. Don't get too excited, still try to sleep, but just listen to the song while doing it. After a little bit, you should start to feel like you're rolling and flipping and moving around, maybe like someone is making you do it. That means you're doing it right, so don't worry. Keep repeating the song. Not too long after, you'll be in a dream, still repeating the song.

Edited by TheJourney