DragonGateNYC

Grandmaster Wang Liping Private Intensive April 16 - 25, 2011

We've known the above for a while now. You shouldn't post this though; it's really quite common knowledge amongst students but you might frighten away new students. taozen, Please remove this asap!

Leave it up.

<_< Taozen,

well even it is personal insulting - I can at least understand your view point

for going to Grandmaster himself now - arccording to your observation.

What else for words can one choose to describe this personal insult situation without insult Appech?

Q

Qin Ling and Viktor are great, authorized teachers. :) Still their students ultimately study with Grandmaster as Qin Ling and Viktor encourages them to. Several attended Grandmaster's recent Intensives.

---Moderators edit: personal insults deleted---

wow, and i thought she FORGOT to return my pen..

My understanding was that the translator was paid by the students per diem, i.e. depending on how much time they spend with the group. So the cost might be different than quoted. Thus, the $3600, plus the cost of translator to be paid at the conclusion of the seminar. Again, that's what I read on one of the pages associated with the retreats. Just trying to look at the bright side, I don't know any of the people involved. . .

My understanding was that the translator was paid by the students per diem, i.e. depending on how much time they spend with the group. So the cost might be different than quoted. Thus, the $3600, plus the cost of translator to be paid at the conclusion of the seminar. Again, that's what I read on one of the pages associated with the retreats. Just trying to look at the bright side, I don't know any of the people involved. . .

i attended last year and we paid $3900 upfront on the first day of the Intensive. it's preferable to get that out of the way, i think. no one came for less than ten days and i don't think we are allowed to do that..

Today is the Chinese New Year Eve. Happy Chinese New year to all of you !

In our traditional Taoism culture, today is a big moment. Today, we supposed do a meditation named "listening father / godfather remember mother / godmother (听父忆母)".

1st, the practitioners should recall his/her father and mother and thank their giving life, repentant what you did wrong to your parents, and ask for their forgiven.

2nd, the practitioners should do the same thing to their godfather/godmother, because they give him/her the spirit life.

3rd, the practitioners should do the same thing to their relatives and friends, because they support and made the opportunity for them having chance to reach the great Tao.

We (Master Wang's disciples) just listened Master Wang's calling and transmission to our ears and hearts. We use our "Shen-Guang" watched here, and found so strong emotion.

. Please calming down, do this special mediation on this Chinese New Year Eve.

. As BELOVED Grand Master suggested, please eating more, don't judge the other people's weight by your own standard. The BELOVED grand Master, his wife, his disciples and students' weight didn't have any relation to the topic about studying with Grandmaster.

. Please respect all the other friends on this forum, and respect yourself. Don't use "waste your precious time ...". Each individual person has his/her own decision of how to invest his/her time and money to learn Taoism, Buddhism, Christianism,Judaism, Hinduism, Confucianism ....

--- richardliao on behalf of all the authorized disciples/teachers of Taoist master Wang

wow, and i thought she FORGOT to return my pen..

Edited by richardliao
  • Like 2

In some ways it does get simpler than that - no one else can give you (or take away) that which you most importantly are. A realized teacher can help their students come to know of that which is covered up, but they are not the giver nor the source of the great treasure hidden in plain sight. Thus does one revere a great un-coverer, (so to speak) of course. And what comes to be seen deep in the eye of the master is also seen as the same as that which is deep in the eye of the student.

Further, the onus for uncovering is on us, yet help is given through an apparent other.

Well articulated. I do agree!

Finally a voice of reason from a true disciple of Master Wang. This thread had gotten so disgusting with the rants and vicious personal insults from several individuals. They have done nothing except degrading themselves and degrading the reputation of Master Wang's teachings.

In our traditional Taoism culture, today is a big moment. Today, we supposed do a meditation named "listening father / godfather remember mother / godmother (听父忆母)".

1st, the practitioners should recall his/her father and mother and thank their giving life, repentant what you did wrong to your parents, and ask for their forgiven.

2nd, the practitioners should do the same thing to their godfather/godmother, because they give him/her the spirit life.

3rd, the practitioners should do the same thing to their relatives and friends, because they support and made the opportunity for them having chance to reach the great Tao.

We (Master Wang's disciples) just listened Master Wang's calling and transmission to our ears and hearts. We use our "Shen-Guang" watched here, and found so strong emotion.

. Please calming down, do this special mediation on this Chinese New Year Eve.

. As BELOVED Grand Master suggested, please eating more, don't judge the other people's weight by your own standard. The BELOVED grand Master, his wife, his disciples and students' weight didn't have any relation to the topic about studying with Grandmaster.

. Please respect all the other friends on this forum, and respect yourself. Don't use "waste your precious time ...". Each individual person has his/her own decision of how to invest his/her time and money to learn Taoism, Buddhism, Christianism,Judaism, Hinduism, Confucianism ....

--- richardliao

• Like 2

Happy new year to all,

thanks Richard to share this meditation to the public.

As I know, this meditation is done on ones own birthday and you telling that it can be done also on chinese lunar new year is a valuable sharing - have not seen

any western puplic sharing of any meditationtechniques until now, so I consider this

as a nice gift by you.

Q

• Like 1

Ad hominem attack edited by moderator

But love can only be given, not taken. And that is one thing that your ego can never control. So, egoic control is not the answer here - but will merely continually worsen her problem..

(Btw, I am psychoanalyzing and openly speculating about whoever is making these accusations, not her target, lol.. Although this is supposed to be a thread about Master Wang's retreat...it has obviously become merely a proxy for someone else's own internal struggle. This appears to be a classic case of Freudian projection that Byron Katie self-inquiry could definitely help resolve. Lots of meat to work with here...lol. A great opportunity for self-growth, in fact. As there can be no peace with others, until there is peace within yourself! :D)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VqkqMHToTi4

So, I hope we can all resolve our own issues here and become a functional, loving family. We all have much to contribute together, instead of against one another. :)

BTW, if you have something against Chinese food or teachers with very poor English - then you probably shouldn't go see Master Wang in China, lol. To me, fluent Chinese or bilingualism is far more important in a Taoist teacher - since all the source material is in Chinese. I (and probably many other students from non-Anglo countries like Russia) could thus care less about 100% grammatically-correct English.. Seriously, who gives a f***?

Edited by Taomeow

I think it would better serve your purposes if you guys would share something significant about the teachings, without having to resort to a guru worship type of talk that looks very suspicious, in the eyes of a westerner, at least...

Something has to be said, when you try to present someone, and if people don't see anything constructive, discussions like this one will be a normal occurence.

So don't blame others for it...

• Like 3