DragonGateNYC

Grandmaster Wang Liping Private Intensive April 16 - 25, 2011

Yes I agree it does depend on how one understands the word Master. I was not referencing me when making my observations.

What I was pointing to however was this. It serves no one when one master claims to be end all be all. I suspect it is not the Master that claims this, but the followers. It is what our history books are full with. People believing there is only one way and one master to achieve whatever they are setting out to achieve. Never ever finding their own innate power within to connect. The Alchemists of Tao caution that to follow one Master without finding that way within will get you stuck in a cycle that is hard to break.

We each are all at different levels of cultivation. Masters and Students alike. Does not necessarily mean the student cannot excel the current master and go in search of one that is more skilled at whatever they have set out to do. The current Master will be the one to determine this. Any good Master will tell you this just as Jesus and a few other sages did. Jesus said, I am capable of great things but you are capable of greater. Not many believed or understood what he meant by that and many misinterpret the teachings because of their beliefs.

Grandmaster makes no claims; his guiding ability speaks for itself. yes, it's Grandmaster's students who are cognizant and understand his level that have elected to seek no further. yes, of course our innate power is what we ultimately integrate with; that's the focus, and that's in the unveiling. you could very well make some progress on your own, sitting in nature, at peace with the elements. but this science of mastery has a system and it is not set by random dabbling with ingredients from incompatible recipes. mathematical equations work well because they are balanced precisely.

to think one is capable of surpassing Jesus in this lifetime is not realistic for some of us, but we can still try our best :-)

Support in what context?

our goal is to support Grandmaster and his students in every way necessary. with our goals towards progress for humanity, we feel good about opening the doors to the April Intensive so students have this integral opportunity to explore.

Grandmaster makes no claims; his guiding ability speaks for itself. yes, it's Grandmaster's students who are cognizant and understand his level that have elected to seek no further. yes, of course our innate power is what we ultimately integrate with; that's the focus, and that's in the unveiling. you could very well make some progress on your own, sitting in nature, at peace with the elements. but this science of mastery has a system and it is not set by random dabbling with ingredients from incompatible recipes. mathematical equations work well because they are balanced precisely.

to think one is capable of surpassing Jesus in this lifetime is not realistic for some of us, but we can still try our best :-)

Thats great for his students. I see that as a good thing if they are unable to attain the level of the grandmaster.

I am not sure what you mean by science of mastery? Who does random dabbling in their cultivation?

our goal is to support Grandmaster and his students in every way necessary. with our goals towards progress for humanity, we feel good about opening the doors to the April Intensive so students have this integral opportunity to explore.

Kind of like recruiting to save humanity? Kinda like what missionaries do? If so ok.

yes, it's Grandmaster's students who are cognizant and understand his level that have elected to seek no further.

Every person is certainly entitled to do as they wish.

However, 2000 years of Daoist history in China show us that ALL famous masters if the past learned in their life from many, many masters, often from different lineages.

Just take a look at the numerous hagiographies still available from the early days of Daoism down to the Qing dynasty and you will see that this is the standard.

I personally would tend to follow in the past masters steps, but of course this is just me

YM

• Like 1

However, 2000 years of Daoist history in China show us that ALL famous masters if the past learned in their life from many, many masters, often from different lineages.

YM

Just can't resist...

they probably had much more time for practice back then :)

with smiles

Harry

Just can't resist...

they probably had much more time for practice back then :)

with smiles

Harry

They had 24 hours a day like us, I think :)

YM

• Like 1

Every person is certainly entitled to do as they wish.

Just take a look at the numerous hagiographies still available from the early days of Daoism down to the Qing dynasty and you will see that this is the standard.

I personally would tend to follow in the past masters steps, but of course this is just me

YM

Yes, indeed. I know a master today who had over 100+ teachers! He was very thirsty so travelled the world to seek these masters and learned many awesome techniques. After many years of practice, and teaching his own students everything he learned, he himself suffered from severe internal bleeding. He was traumatized but the damage had already been done and he had to spend much time in rehabilitation. His students were shocked because they incorrectly trusted that their master knew what he was doing.

For me, I feel better just knowing that I won't have to suffer like that while attaining the best progress with one trusted source.

It's your personal decision; please choose carefully; all masters are NOT equal. We need to recognize that in this day and age, the quality of masters is not as in was in the early days of Taoism down to the Qing dynasty.

YM, I like your wise and honest word. Really respect your literacy in both Western culture and Chinese culture.

YM

:( Sad to see someone (ID =taozen / and/or many other new fake ID) born on 13-January 11, made his/her own naive judgments on you and "the quality of masters who IS in this day and age, and who was in the early days of Taoism down to the Qing dynasty". :excl:

Yes, indeed. I know a master today who had over 100+ teachers! He was very thirsty so travelled the world to seek these masters and learned many awesome techniques. After many years of practice, and teaching his own students everything he learned, he himself suffered from severe internal bleeding. He was traumatized but the damage has already been done and he had to spend much time in rehabilitation. His students were shocked because they incorrectly trusted that their master knew what he was doing.

For me, I feel better just knowing that I won't have to suffer like that while attaining the best progress with one trusted source.

It's your personal decision; please choose carefully; all masters are NOT equal. We need to recognize that in this day and age, the quality of masters is not as in was in the early days of Taoism down to the Qing dynasty.

• Like 1

YM

Yeah... I assume... but time is relative, isn't it? The time you have depends

on your families background, your current situation and possibilities...

some systems require you to practice 3 hours today... look at people with

their busy lives today: where in heaven to take that much time from?

In different times they had different possibilities... today (while I am belonging

to the curious type) one does good limiting oneself to one or two things...

I heard the saying: you can either go pretty short ways with many different systems

or quite a long one concentrating on one...

And regarding the topic of studying with different masters... did it usually happen

at the SAME time or after a system was mastered?

The Ba Gua topic had a link to the Yin Ba Gua... they have 8 animals and most people

don't even learn more than like say 2 or 3 animals of the 8... because the others are

so vast already.

And often I think when it happened because students felt they were not getting all from one master

and looked for others they felt might fill the gaps...

but as always:

could be wrong in my assumptions

:blush:

Harry

YM, I like your wise and honest word. Really respect your literacy in both Western culture and Chinese culture.

:( Sad to see someone (ID =taozen / and/or many other new fake ID) born on 13-January 11, made his/her own naive judgments on you and "the quality of masters who IS in this day and age, and who was in the early days of Taoism down to the Qing dynasty". :excl:

gastal, we the students are surprised by your ignorant and idiotic assumption; this is a discussion thread where we earnestly share knowledge to help each other tread wisely.

Edited by taozen
Mod Action *** removed personal insult ****

Yeah... I assume... but time is relative, isn't it? The time you have depends

on your families background, your current situation and possibilities...

some systems require you to practice 3 hours today... look at people with

their busy lives today: where in heaven to take that much time from?

In different times they had different possibilities... today (while I am belonging

to the curious type) one does good limiting oneself to one or two things...

I heard the saying: you can either go pretty short ways with many different systems

or quite a long one concentrating on one...

And regarding the topic of studying with different masters... did it usually happen

The Ba Gua topic had a link to the Yin Ba Gua... they have 8 animals and most people

don't even learn more than like say 2 or 3 animals of the 8... because the others are

so vast already.

And often I think when it happened because students felt they were not getting all from one master

and looked for others they felt might fill the gaps...

but as always:

could be wrong in my assumptions

:blush:

Harry

I think those are fair observations. And as each generation of students begins to teach, one might require many teachers to find the entirety of a given system or way of living....

As an example, my kung fu teacher is an incredible fighter and forms teacher, but he rarely ever talks about qi or the medicinal benefits. My tai ji teacher often talks about energy and flow but never about meditation, and my qigong teachers talk about energy and meditation techniques but rarely integrate them into my TCM studies. So for me it takes several teachers to learn the full breadth of what I consider essential to my development.

Edited by robmix
  • Like 1

Yeah... I assume... but time is relative, isn't it?

[...]

[...]

Harry,

In Daoism, as well as in life, there is no such a thing as "mastering a system". Daoism is not a university where you get your degree and you can call yourself a Dr or what.

It is a never-ending process of self discovery and progress, there is no end.

Different masters, in this respect, may give you different approaches to that progression and lead you further along the way.

Don't mistake Daoism for the martial arts, there are no "new techniques" or "secret strikes" to be learned. When a student is well along the path he will learn in many ways and from different sources, and it is historically proved that this approach works.

Then again every one is entitled to see things as they fit, I was just presenting an historical fact and not an exclusive solution for all.

Thanks

YM

• Like 2

Harry,

In Daoism, as well as in life, there is no such a thing as "mastering a system". Daoism is not a university where you get your degree and you can call yourself a Dr or what.

It is a never-ending process of self discovery and progress, there is no end.

Different masters, in this respect, may give you different approaches to that progression and lead you further along the way.

Don't mistake Daoism for the martial arts, there are no "new techniques" or "secret strikes" to be learned. When a student is well along the path he will learn in many ways and from different sources, and it is historically proved that this approach works.

Then again every one is entitled to see things as they fit, I was just presenting an historical fact and not an exclusive solution for all.

Thanks

YM

Thank you for sharing, YM.

Our Grandmaster Wang Liping indeed teaches with a systematic method of effective techniques; as a result, he has huge worldwide support.

Our Grandmaster Wang Liping indeed teaches with a systematic method of effective techniques; as a result, he has huge worldwide support.

I have heard here on the internet, that master Wang Liping shares and theach only a part of his internal alchemy system.

Does this mean, that we can not go through entire training process of his system?

I would like to know, what is the curriculum of a systematic method of effective techniques of master Wang Liping?

Is it curriculum transparent and clear that everyone can see/know what is going to be learned and procesed step by step?

Why are out there only a few authorized theachers by master Wang Liping?

Is this like pyramid scheme, cult/guru system?

Love&peace, J :)

• Like 1

I have heard here on the internet, that master Wang Liping shares and theach only a part of his internal alchemy system.

Does this mean, that we can not go through entire training process of his system?

I've heard they don't teach quantum physics in kindergarten. Does this mean that we cannot go through the entire training process of this system?..

I would like to know, what is the curriculum of a systematic method of effective techniques of master Wang Liping?

Master Wang does not run an institution. When a seminar or a workshop is offered, you get a clear and precise curriculum of the event. But if you want to know in advance what the system "has" in its entirety, you can't be offered that -- you need to do some practice work for a length of time and, in the course of this practice, develop some organs capable of perceiving what it has before you can perceive it. How fast you personally can develop these organs is impossible to phase into any curriculum.

Is it curriculum transparent and clear that everyone can see/know what is going to be learned and procesed step by step?

Well, you are told what you're going to be doing, step by step. What is going to be happening while you're doing it, however, is just about as transparent as destiny, as clear as the will of the gods.

Why are out there only a few authorized theachers by master Wang Liping?

This is a traditional art that has never mass-produced its masters. A teacher must be qualified before he or she is authorized. In the traditional view, just because someone "wants" to teach is not enough qualifications.

Is this like pyramid scheme, cult/guru system?

What are you going to do about the entity that made you say that? Are you going to question it closely as to its source of this idea? Please do, I'd be interested to find out how the demons of character assassination and smear tactics get their training and what curriculum they follow.

Think of it this way... What master Wang teaches is not a "product" that has gone through a process of packaging and presentation so as to look attractive to the customer who's been preemptively trained to expect his or her consumption of goods and services to be facilitated in a particular fashion by the producing industry. It is not a product that is going to get cheaper once knock-off versions are mass-produced. It is not a commodity. It is not an entitlement. It is not something someone promised to deliver, satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. It is not a basic right. It is not a trendy must-have goodie. Not a fad to abide by. Not a basic necessity. It is not a constitutional guarantee. It is hard to come by and will always be. It is expensive and until the world abolishes money it is likely to remain so. It is unique. You don't demand a Rembrandt original for your living-room just because you want it. By the same token, you don't demand things of a taoist immortal. You take what is offered, gratefully, or you say "no thanks" and look elsewhere for what pleases your heart's desires. It's as simple as that, and it is not likely to get simpler.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I've heard they don't teach quantum physics in kindergarten. Does this mean that we cannot go through the entire training process of this system?..

Master Wang does not run an institution. When a seminar or a workshop is offered, you get a clear and precise curriculum of the event. But if you want to know in advance what the system "has" in its entirety, you can't be offered that -- you need to do some practice work for a length of time and, in the course of this practice, develop some organs capable of perceiving what it has before you can perceive it. How fast you personally can develop these organs is impossible to phase into any curriculum.

Well, you are told what you're going to be doing, step by step. What is going to be happening while you're doing it, however, is just about as transparent as destiny, as clear as the will of the gods.

This is a traditional art that has never mass-produced its masters. A teacher must be qualified before he or she is authorized. In the traditional view, just because someone "wants" to teach is not enough qualifications.

What are you going to do about the entity that made you say that? Are you going to question it closely as to its source of this idea? Please do, I'd be interested to find out how the demons of character assassination and smear tactics get their training and what curriculum they follow.

Think of it this way... What master Wang teaches is not a "product" that has gone through a process of packaging and presentation so as to look attractive to the customer who's been preemptively trained to expect his or her consumption of goods and services to be facilitated in a particular fashion by the producing industry. It is not a product that is going to get cheaper once knock-off versions are mass-produced. It is not a commodity. It is not an entitlement. It is not something someone promised to deliver, satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. It is not a basic right. It is not a trendy must-have goodie. Not a fad to abide by. Not a basic necessity. It is not a constitutional guarantee. It is hard to come by and will always be. It is expensive and until the world abolishes money it is likely to remain so. It is unique. You don't demand a Rembrandt original for your living-room just because you want it. By the same token, you don't demand things of a taoist immortal. You take what is offered, gratefully, or you say "no thanks" and look elsewhere for what pleases your heart's desires. It's as simple as that, and it is not likely to get simpler.

Hope this helps.

Is there somewhere online that those that are interested can find answers to their questions about these Wang Liping courses advertised here?

• Like 1

Hope this helps.

*brrrrr*

• Like 1

Is there somewhere online that those that are interested can find answers to their questions about these Wang Liping courses advertised here?

I think http://longmenpai.blogspot.com/ is a good place to look -- it is the translation of the official blog of Shen Zhigang (referred to by the translator, Ken, as Shen Laoshi but NOT to be confused with someone else using the name "Shen" :glare:) who wrote quite extensively about his 20+ years of studies with Master Wang. There's a good deal of great information in Russian (Viktor Siao, aka Xiao Weijia, has been Master Wang's student since 1988 and has a school in Moscow supervised by himself and Qin Ling, another long-term student. They are the organizers of Master Wang's Russian seminars, the only ones outside China so far.) Which is why I may not know of all the English language resources :), so someone else might chime in to help answer your question more comprehensively.

Hope this helps.

I've fallen in love with Taomeow.. Will you marry me?

We have many student testimonials on our 'Success Stories' page on http://dragongate-academy.org.

Grandmaster Wang Liping's students in New York City are offering free preparatory training for students who commit to the April Intensive. If you are interested, please register with us asap to get started. This is in gratitude for our Grandmaster; for he is truly beyond and has our full support.

I've fallen in love with Taomeow.. Will you marry me?

Thank you for the love!:) I will ask the I Ching about the marriage.

Thank you for the love!:) I will ask the I Ching about the marriage.

Blessed TaoMeow, I LOVE you more. You have intelligence, determination and articulation for starters. You are my dreamgirl.. Please, I Ching might favor me?

In some ways it does get simpler than that - no one else can give you (or take away) that which you most importantly are. A realized teacher can help their students come to know of that which is covered up, but they are not the giver nor the source of the great treasure hidden in plain sight. Thus does one revere a great un-coverer, (so to speak) of course. And what comes to be seen deep in the eye of the master is also seen as the same as that which is deep in the eye of the student.

Further, the onus for uncovering is on us, yet help is given through an apparent other.

• Like 1