DragonGateNYC

Grandmaster Wang Liping Private Intensive April 16 - 25, 2011

Friend, I try to understand what's that mean "CREATED by dragongatenyc -- the first Intensive was held April of 2010".

Please see following words on this link or visit James' blog on http://www.the-tao.com.

"I'm writing publicly about this now (April 2010) only because recently, WLP's students in the US (Atlanta Georgia) have published a web site, http://www.laoziacademy.us/ complete with registration for upcoming workshops with WLP and incredibly, pictures, and where, when, on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3230215&id=267557887607&fbid=267570012607. This is the man himself, demonstrating tree practice since it's daytime. The practice itself is generally done at night, when the trees are exhaling, not inhaling."

THE POINTS;

1. The Jame's blog is written in April 2010, and witness how everything happened.

2. If you check the "dragongatenyc" ID in this forum.

3. "....CREATED by dragongatenyc -- the first Intensive was held April of 2010" ?????

Is it funny someone born on 09-November 10 to "CREATED" something on April of 2010 ?

I attended the FIRST April 2010 Intensive, indeed was 'created and organized' by dragongatenyc; students from California, Hong Kong, New York, Seattle and Florida attended. Indeed it was the FIRST Intensive which has opened the door for this year's April 2011 Intensive. Students who attended are in photos posted on both laoziacademy and dragongate-academy.org websites so you should already know about this. i didn't hear about laoziacademy until now, i joined the April 2010 because dragongatenyc invited me. so dragongatenyc didn't join thetaobums until later; how is this relevant? dragongatenyc sent me our group photo so i can share so that you will understand correctly now. also, the price was $3900 because the link you posted did not include the translation fee.

why is there any argument? the objective is to promote our revered Grandmaster. Why does it matter so much to you who is promoting? students don't care who is promoting, they just want the authentic teachings. it would seen that your focus is not on attracting new students, but on attacking dragongatenyc to promote laoziacademy. you should see the value in dragongatenyc assisting with promotions; now with that attitude perhaps you could both begin to work together harmoniously.

post-57112-129536374929_thumb.jpg

Friend, I try to understand what's that mean "CREATED by dragongatenyc -- the first Intensive was held April of 2010".

Please see following words on this link or visit James' blog on http://www.the-tao.com.

"I'm writing publicly about this now (April 2010) only because recently, WLP's students in the US (Atlanta Georgia) have published a web site, http://www.laoziacademy.us/ complete with registration for upcoming workshops with WLP and incredibly, pictures, and where, when, on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3230215&id=267557887607&fbid=267570012607. This is the man himself, demonstrating tree practice since it's daytime. The practice itself is generally done at night, when the trees are exhaling, not inhaling."

THE POINTS;

1. The Jame's blog is written in April 2010, and witness how everything happened.

2. If you check the "dragongatenyc" ID in this forum.

3. "....CREATED by dragongatenyc -- the first Intensive was held April of 2010" ?????

Is it funny someone born on 09-November 10 to "CREATED" something on April of 2010 ?

These are very good points. It is really funny "Created" first and then half year later " borned"

Edited by wuweidao
  • Like 1

-----------------------

I attended the FIRST April 2010 Intensive, indeed was 'created and organized' by dragongatenyc; students from California, Hong Kong, New York, Seattle and Florida attended. Indeed it was the FIRST Intensive which has opened the door for this year's April 2011 Intensive. Students who attended are in photos posted on both laoziacademy and dragongate-academy.org websites so you should already know about this. i didn't hear about laoziacademy until now, i joined the April 2010 because dragongatenyc invited me. so dragongatenyc didn't join thetaobums until later; how is this relevant? dragongatenyc sent me our group photo so i can share so that you will understand correctly now. also, the price was $3900 because the link you posted did not include the translation fee.

---------------------------

I also attended with the support of Lao Zi Academy. I can listen and speak Chinese and so argued with that lady ordinator arranged by LZA that total TRANSLATION FEE of $200 should be waivered. As I know, another translator from LZA could ask for only $100 of TRANSLATION FEE. And the tuition in this retreat was not so high number which you guys posted recently. Simple caculation can be done by everybody.

One suggestion, don't be shy,please frankly tell evrybody how much will be put into your own pocket?

Edited by wuweidao

I may have been told wrong, but I think it is still wise to check with both parties to compare prices before giving anyone that much money. I still don't understand the purpose of forming a second dragon gate group when a one already existed.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

These are very good points. It is really funny "Created" first and then half year later " borned"

What is the motivation of the above post? To establish the "only official entity" who may promote for Grandmaster Wang? That kind of attitude is not acceptable; in the US especially, we are born free to speak and promote as we wish. We don't understand your wish to 'OWN' all rights to Grandmaster. We the students together can better share his teachings; shouldn't this be more important to you? If it makes you feel better we will add your email to our post as a contact. Dragongatenyc consists of all Grandmaster Wang students who volunteer their time to promote. They pondered how to help spread the word better for future students and decided to post on thetaobums after two successful Intensives. Certainly this was not a necessary step, as both April and August Intensives were extremely successful without promotion on thetaobums. This taobums post is an opportunity for new students, and should not be misconstrued into anything incoherent like this above post. As a student of the August 2010 Intensive, I was very impressed with Grandmaster's teachings and support dragongatenyc's efforts to reach out to students who are interested in growing in this direction. Perhaps you would like to see our August 2010 class photo which consists of students from around the world.

post-55754-129537039562_thumb.jpg

-----------------------

---------------------------

I also attended with the support of Lao Zi Academy. I can listen and speak Chinese and so argued with that lady ordinator arranged by LZA that total TRANSLATION FEE of $200 should be waivered. As I know, another translator from LZA could ask for only $100 of TRANSLATION FEE. And the tuition in this retreat was not so high number which you guys posted recently. Simple caculation can be done by everybody.

One suggestion, don't be shy,please frankly tell evrybody how much will be put into your own pocket?

Since you speak Chinese, even better! You should arrange to ask Grandmaster directly to confirm that we don't profit a penny from the Intensives. Then we ask you to kindly post your findings here. Thank you.

I may have been told wrong, but I think it is still wise to check with both parties to compare prices before giving anyone that much money. I still don't understand the purpose of forming a second dragon gate group when a one already existed.

The purpose is to create more support for Grandmaster. One or two students can only reach so far. In order to reach out to more students, we created an additional group in efforts to provide more support for Grandmaster. This should be viewed as a positive, supportive move, not as a threat to the existing group. For example, the existing group would not know to promote for the April 2011 Intensive today if dragongatenyc didn't first pave the road successfully in April 2010.

Q, you are so full of fear and negativity, you need to meditate on bringing in more light messages; it must be difficult to live in that dark reality. The wise who seek to go far don't wait until they are depleted to start the path. You speak for yourself perhaps and the average person who doesn't aim to attain much. Living in fear is not dynamic and it is not honoring your higher self. How old are you and when do you plan to study with Grandmaster?

Realistic is the right word- the ability to think with all possibilities.

Become a human first before thinking becoming a immortal. Before getting paranormal you have to to be normal.

One has to be highly sceptic and also optimistic as the time.You have to be able to hold the darkness without having it spread into you.

Well it is wise to start early here as the younger you are you can have it easier to refill your resource (read the longmenpai.blogspot waht Ken post).

But the special case here which make this lineage interesting is the group Dai Gong.

Without it we can dream about ever come very far.

And you must see it as a postiv thing that even old people get the MCO open

with this help. When you say "The wise who seek to go far don't wait until they are depleted to start the path" do you not discourage elder people 60+ who now have their income to do the seminar, the calm mind and the great interest to cultivate. See

how damaging this sentence can be. They may think that it is to late for them to cultivate and recover -which is exactly what the Yin Xin Fa do -with GM Wang and it would be sorry for GM Wang Liping when exactly this people may have some who are promising to achieve feats that many young one not can, because they feel inferior to the young ones and think they are even to old to cultivate. What do you think the parentsfrom Wang Liping are , they are old and they cultivate! Isnt it wonderful?

Grandmaster,when? When I can sit two hours in full lotus. I want have the full results and not the results in half lotus or cross legged sitting. Maybe 1 or two years, I am daily on this, slowly because there is no haste in full lotus cultivation and I not do full Lotus endurance training.

But I want ask for peace and best getting on an other thread since we now getting a bit away from the topic. Since it just start with presenting the Dates for Cultivation with Grandmaster Wang Liping Private Intensive April 20 - 29, 2011 and now go again like many post us two Taozhen about negativ thinking, karma and money issuess.

Hey and I really like to see more tolerance for the people when it comes to greater money investing since doubting is common sense.

Q

• Like 1

Realistic is the right word- the ability to think with all possibilities.

Become a human first before thinking becoming a immortal. Before getting paranormal you have to to be normal.

One has to be highly sceptic and also optimistic as the time.You have to be able to hold the darkness without having it spread into you.

Well it is wise to start early here as the younger you are you can have it easier to refill your resource (read the longmenpai.blogspot waht Ken post).

But the special case here which make this lineage interesting is the group Dai Gong.

Without it we can dream about ever come very far.

And you must see it as a postiv thing that even old people get the MCO open

with this help. When you say "The wise who seek to go far don't wait until they are depleted to start the path" do you not discourage elder people 60+ who now have their income to do the seminar, the calm mind and the great interest to cultivate. See

how damaging this sentence can be. They may think that it is to late for them to cultivate and recover -which is exactly what the Yin Xin Fa do -with GM Wang and it would be sorry for GM Wang Liping when exactly this people may have some who are promising to achieve feats that many young one not can, because they feel inferior to the young ones and think they are even to old to cultivate. What do you think the parentsfrom Wang Liping are , they are old and they cultivate! Isnt it wonderful?

Grandmaster,when? When I can sit two hours in full lotus. I want have the full results and not the results in half lotus or cross legged sitting. Maybe 1 or two years, I am daily on this, slowly because there is no haste in full lotus cultivation and I not do full Lotus endurance training.

But I want ask for peace and best getting on an other thread since we now getting a bit away from the topic. Since it just start with presenting the Dates for Cultivation with Grandmaster Wang Liping Private Intensive April 20 - 29, 2011 and now go again like many post us two Taozhen about negativ thinking, karma and money issuess.

Hey and I really like to see more tolerance for the people when it comes to greater money investing since doubting is common sense.

Q

Q, you are correct, I agree with you, people of all ages can certainly cultivate energy, make progress and gain real benefits. I would certainly encourage us NOT to wait too long to start though. When the teeth have fallen out and the vision is dim, it's not the best time to start cultivation, does that make sense? Peace.

I wonder if i must pay the plane tickets, visa and the hotell, transport to the lcation, food etc too?

Pretty sure that includes hotel, and food.

Plane ticket and visa up to you. . .

Pretty sure that includes hotel, and food.

Plane ticket and visa up to you. . .

Yes, Robmix is correct: three meals per day, accommodation, internet service, hotsprings and roundtrip transportation from airport to hotel (approx 3hrs each way) is all included. Thank you for your posting.

students find Grandmaster's teachings to be absolutely priceless. blacksword needs to understand that this is an investment in himself.

Well Blacksword, it is expensive. It might be interesting to know how much the hotels, meals, and transportation actually cost so one would understand how much is going towards the learning experience. A VERY good Western style hotel in China typically costs about $80-150 USD per day. Factor in meals, again high end, maybe $50 per day (but that's stretching it), transportation (maybe 500RMB each way), extras - you're probably looking at $1500 - $2300 in actual cost. That only leaves about $1500 for the teachings.

Still expensive, but consider that something like KAP is $500 for a two day workshop, $700 if you register the day of. Transcendental Meditation courses are $1500 per level. Ouch, it costs so much these days to find enlightenment :)

Personally, I'm looking for a way to study with Master Wang Liping. I'm a student right now but working full time on top of that. I hope to get to one of his trainings this year!!

Edited by robmix

What is the motivation of the above post? To establish the "only official entity" who may promote for Grandmaster Wang? That kind of attitude is not acceptable; in the US especially, we are born free to speak and promote as we wish. We don't understand your wish to 'OWN' all rights to Grandmaster. We the students together can better share his teachings; shouldn't this be more important to you? If it makes you feel better we will add your email to our post as a contact. Dragongatenyc consists of all Grandmaster Wang students who volunteer their time to promote. They pondered how to help spread the word better for future students and decided to post on thetaobums after two successful Intensives. Certainly this was not a necessary step, as both April and August Intensives were extremely successful without promotion on thetaobums. This taobums post is an opportunity for new students, and should not be misconstrued into anything incoherent like this above post. As a student of the August 2010 Intensive, I was very impressed with Grandmaster's teachings and support dragongatenyc's efforts to reach out to students who are interested in growing in this direction. Perhaps you would like to see our August 2010 class photo which consists of students from around the world.

Please visit the website of http://laoziacademy.us/romania.htm with a same photo which can show who is a possible organizer. It seems that the event was not organized by pre-born one. I am not sure who is Mrs Lian,who is probably related to Mr. Wang Tingjun, one of Master Wang's disciples.

Please visit the website of http://laoziacademy.us/romania.htm with a same photo which can show who is a possible organizer. It seems that the event was not organized by pre-born one. I am not sure who is Mrs Lian,who is probably related to Mr. Wang Tingjun, one of Master Wang's disciples.

oh this above here is laoziacademy posting again, yawn. why is it that i've never heard of you at the Intensive? I attended the august intensive because i was unable to make it to the april one. but during both times it is dragongate-academy who officially invited me and as one of the organizers, she attends all of Grandmaster's Intensives as you can see clearly in the photos. where was laoziacademy? there was NO ONE in attendance from laoziacademy. you didn't have a hand in either intensive so why do you need to take verbal credit? no one blames you for not organizing, you know. i don't think anyone really cares, can you understand that? so now you found a copy of our photo and spent three days to type up your message and post in order to respond to this taobums thread, to be exact, it was posted:

01-21-2011 06:26AM on http://www.longmenpa...rt-from-Romania

please, i ask you kindly to stop trying to take credit for what's NOT yours. This is not the place to attack, especially you should be focusing on helping to promote our Grandmaster.

--Moderators edit: personal insults deleted---

Please visit the website of 01-21-2011 06:26AM on http://www.longmenpai.com/forum/showthread.php?84-Report-from-Romania

After reviewing the whole posting of six pages. I’m wondering, as an outsider, a potential new student, what’s going on? Since everything people do has its motive and purpose. Through this thread, we could try to infer them:

The first posting is just a promotion message saying an opportunity is provided for people who want to learn with Grandmaster. Its motive and purpose is clear, nothing else involved. Then following postings show us voices, but still within range of discussion. Until a posting jumped out stating certain websites are better and tossed out a price quote from laoziacademy. Actually you’ll find out that NO price is posted at the laoziacademy. Then what’s the motive of this jumping out posting?--- Stir up conflict and disturbance without any solid truth, although disguised in a dubious way as an inquiring student. And that’s where the drama began.

As more postings regarding the conflict emerged, it’s more obvious that some people like to amplify the conflict and spread rumors, to do what? ---by attempting to damage dragongatenyc’s reputation, in order to boast oneself, that’s the real motive and purpose.

As we can see, dragongatenyc has never said any nasty things toward laoziacademy, even certain people launched repeated attacks by fabricating ‘broker or scalper thing’. Then do those certain people actually represent laoziacademy?

Then we got more information that seems only came from inner circles, like who started organizing and whatever, the thing goes much clearer when it comes to credit taking, and those certain people claim ownership of April & August intensives with photo stamped (Nowadays it’s not difficult to stamp on photos) All things have gone astray from the original subject. Dragongatenyc apparently did create those two intensives but she still, behaves as an ordinary student, doing good things without laying claims to anything.

All roads may lead to Rome, but laoziacademy just wants to force students go through only one channel, by blemishing dragongate-academy?

Then from above, we can infer that there is a self-ego issue involved in above postings, were party was apparently not present at either of both intensives, but full of fabricated groundless accusations, and then diverted student’s attention. Have to admire that they are better at fiction than reality, and that they seem to enjoy it, repetitively.

about self-ego, sometimes it relates to power, but remember at the same time, the more power you have, the more responsibilities you bear, since lza keeps stressing authorization status, let’s assume it’s a kind of power, then shouldn’t they concentrate more on spreading culture and promotion instead of persecuting fellow students based on nothing but the wish to dominate? (let alone there is no absolute power in this circumstance) Unfortunately, what we see here is just the latter, which means what, highlighting themselves by tramping on others? Then it’s definitely a misuse of brainpower. We know what happens when people allow personal ego, short-sighted, and dominion-seeking attitudes to take control; it totally blinds their judgment.

Finally, since Taoist cultivation involves both life and nature, which is a long-term practice in our life, then it’s not surprising to discover disparity among students, as “Friend” once posted. we of course hope kind, open-minded senior students guide us on to the path. We ordinary students are reluctant to see things get complicated.

No one wants conflict and disharmony, but if somebody intends to stain innocent people by calumniating with scam, who would accept that? Nobody would accept that.

We as potential new students request that dragongate-academy help teach us foundations for Grandmaster's as you can see there is a real need for this additional, open channel. We have many friends who wish to sign up. Since Master’s students are worldwide, domestically and internationally, and we have US students who wish to learn before we come to study with Grandmaster, we ask dragongate-academy to be available to teach us the foundations. We are offended by lza who is full of insulting negative messages. We refuse to support a bigoted one channel monopoly seeking to take full control. laoziacademy seems only a self professed official; we see dragongate-academy is in every way just as official yet humbly has not needed to flaunt status. Actions speak for themselves as apparently dragongate-academy has demonstrated to be trustworthy; capably leading students worldwide to attend successful Intensives directly under world revered Grandmaster Wang Liping.

Thank you for considering our proposal.

Hi Moskovadao,

Please consider the fact that whenever money is involved, sooner or later these kind of discussions will arise, and it's only normal that they do arise, especially when the price is pretty high.

It's not easy for people to invest the material (hard earned money) into immaterial (spiritual teaching), and the spiritual market is already pretty thin - compared to other markets. However, it exists, and has been cultivated many decades - it's pretty homogeneous...

The people of laoziacademy, and including their grandmaster should have developed by now a policy regarding this aspect of the events that they are promoting.

It's part of the western culture, and some mutual compromises have to be made in order for this endeavour to have success.

Easterners expect that only the power of the master will smooth things out, apparently this is not possible. You need to communicate with your costumers and respect them, this is the western way, throuout the western world, in any financial transaction.

What must also be considered is that the west has had pretty much the whole spectrum of spiritual teachers until now, no matter how enlightened or unenlightened. This means that the westerners are educated costumers, and not to be treated with contempt and superficiality.

Their loss, you'll say. I'd say,in a cultural and financial transaction, the loss is reciprocal.

You guys really need a change in attitude.

In fact the purpose of the information in this message is to help,

you may ignore it at your own expense.

:mellow:

L1

Hi Moskovadao,

Please consider the fact that whenever money is involved, sooner or later these kind of discussions will arise, and it's only normal that they do arise, especially when the price is pretty high.

It's not easy for people to invest the material (hard earned money) into immaterial (spiritual teaching), and the spiritual market is already pretty thin - compared to other markets. However, it exists, and has been cultivated many decades - it's pretty homogeneous...

The people of laoziacademy, and including their grandmaster should have developed by now a policy regarding this aspect of the events that they are promoting.

It's part of the western culture, and some mutual compromises have to be made in order for this endeavour to have success.

Easterners expect that only the power of the master will smooth things out, apparently this is not possible. You need to communicate with your costumers and respect them, this is the western way, throuout the western world, in any financial transaction.

What must also be considered is that the west has had pretty much the whole spectrum of spiritual teachers until now, no matter how enlightened or unenlightened. This means that the westerners are educated costumers, and not to be treated with contempt and superficiality.

Their loss, you'll say. I'd say,in a cultural and financial transaction, the loss is reciprocal.

You guys really need a change in attitude.

In fact the purpose of the information in this message is to help,

you may ignore it at your own expense.

:mellow:

L1

Thank you Little1. You are correct, attitude and fairness is crucial. Dragongate-academy was created by western students in support of Grandmaster, who like you noted, have really explored a good spectrum of spiritual paths and appreciate an educated costumer. Our motivation here is to best serve all seekers of mastery. We wish you the best success on your journey, and again thank you for your input.

Thank you Little1. You are correct, attitude and fairness is crucial. Dragongate-academy was created by western students in support of Grandmaster, who like you noted, have really explored a good spectrum of spiritual paths and appreciate an educated costumer. Our motivation here is to best serve all seekers of mastery. We wish you the best success on your journey, and again thank you for your input.

Hey you're welcome :blush:

It depends on how you understand the word Master. If you think it serves you to learn from anyone who claims to be a Master, then yes, you will be very busy looking for new teachers frequently. If your vision serves you, you will do your homework and study with Grandmaster Wang because you won't be able to find a teacher who can teach you beyond his level. If you understand this, you can make some steady progress. Also, the Intensive is for Ten days, not nine as you misunderstood in prior posts.

Yes I agree it does depend on how one understands the word Master. I was not referencing me when making my observations.

What I was pointing to however was this. It serves no one when one master claims to be end all be all. I suspect it is not the Master that claims this, but the followers. It is what our history books are full with. People believing there is only one way and one master to achieve whatever they are setting out to achieve. Never ever finding their own innate power within to connect. The Alchemists of Tao caution that to follow one Master without finding that way within will get you stuck in a cycle that is hard to break.

We each are all at different levels of cultivation. Masters and Students alike. Does not necessarily mean the student cannot excel the current master and go in search of one that is more skilled at whatever they have set out to do. The current Master will be the one to determine this. Any good Master will tell you this just as Jesus and a few other sages did. Jesus said, I am capable of great things but you are capable of greater. Not many believed or understood what he meant by that and many misinterpret the teachings because of their beliefs.

The purpose is to create more support for Grandmaster. One or two students can only reach so far. In order to reach out to more students, we created an additional group in efforts to provide more support for Grandmaster. This should be viewed as a positive, supportive move, not as a threat to the existing group. For example, the existing group would not know to promote for the April 2011 Intensive today if dragongatenyc didn't first pave the road successfully in April 2010.

Support in what context?

• Like 1