forestofemptiness

Why Not Use those Martial Arts and Qigong to be.... A SUPERHERO!

Who says they aren't already? Some of my brothers and teachers go trolling for muggers, there's a large never ending supply you know, hoping to find one with some good power to test their skills against.

When someone threatens to attack: they smile ... it makes them sooo happy ... it's like a gift from heaven ... they hope that their attacker is very powerful, so they can test their skills ... they hope that their attacker is very evil, so that when they destroy them they will have helped rid the world of some evil.

The ones that are left living usually wish they hadn't been left that way.

Edited by Starjumper7

Like if someone pulls a gun on you and they are closer than about seven feet then they are dead. What's fun is to fake them out and then steal their balance so that you control their gun hand and end up shooting them in the face with them still holding the gun and with their finger on the trigger (no fingerprints). However, when their head explodes you need to have your eyes and mouth tightly shut so that you don't get contaminated incase they have somekind of virus.

Crime is relative

Harmony and balance change the world without effort.

Lovin the phoenix jones link

Edited by phore

Like if someone pulls a gun on you and they are closer than about seven feet then they are dead. What's fun is to fake them out and then steal their balance so that you control their gun hand and end up shooting them in the face with them still holding the gun and with their finger on the trigger (no fingerprints). However, when their head explodes you need to have your eyes and mouth tightly shut so that you don't get contaminated incase they have somekind of virus.

ninja.gif

Edited by zerostao

Crime is relative

Harmony and balance change the world without effort.

Lovin the phoenix jones link

harmony and blanace does change the world.

does the relativity of the crime change when you become the intended victim?

Who says they aren't already? Some of my brothers and teachers go trolling for muggers, there's a large never ending supply you know, hoping to find one with some good power to test their skills against.

When someone threatens to attack: they smile ... it makes them sooo happy ... it's like a gift from heaven ... they hope that their attacker is very powerful, so they can test their skills ... they hope that their attacker is very evil, so that when they destroy them they will have helped rid the world of some evil.

The ones that are left living usually wish they hadn't been left that way.

Starjumper, you know I like you but.....

Really?

I don't know if these posts can be taken seriously. There are a lot of frauds around here, and I'm sure they all have stories as wonderful as this.

As someone who has been on the receiving end of frauds..... I just can't let your posts go by without questioning their legitimacy.

Not to mention the vigilantism laws, necessary use of force, etc.

What area does this happen in?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Why Not Use those Martial Arts and Qigong to be.... A SUPERHERO!

You forgot all about genetic factors. It´s easier for mesomorph men to build up muscles which are essential for fighting.

Some of my brothers and teachers go trolling for muggers, there's a large never ending supply you know, hoping to find one with some good power to test their skills against.

And what happens if your brothers and teachers are attacked by someone who uses weapons, pepper spray, a stun gun or a taser gun?

Edited by Herodes

Really?

I don't know if these posts can be taken seriously. There are a lot of frauds around here, and I'm sure they all have stories as wonderful as this.

As someone who has been on the receiving end of frauds..... I just can't let your posts go by without questioning their legitimacy.

perhaps i am not so much wondering if some folks do go out and "test skills" but why would they advertise it?

Edited by zerostao

perhaps i am not so much wondering if some folks do go out and "test skills" but why would they advertise it?

They don't advertise it, I'm here giving away insider info and making an ass out of myself because I'm fishing for a couple of good students. I don't want to have to get some silk pajamas and parade around in a silly hat and do seminars. But I might start doing some seminars, in Europe.

Really?

Well I suggest you come check it out or stop flapping your lips.

Senseless mugging you will rarely stop with words. So you have to fight or run.

It's not really worth talking through either way. If it's just talking and people are trying to mess with you I usually just don't say anything until they approach or do something to me.

Words can get you introuble lol. But if you don't say anything and you're going to fight anyway, you don't elevate the situation either way.

To be a superhero?

I don't think that's my place. One mans hero is another mans criminal

Look at Assange.

They don't advertise it, I'm here giving away insider info and making an ass out of myself because I'm fishing for a couple of good students. I don't want to have to get some silk pajamas and parade around in a silly hat and do seminars. But I might start doing some seminars, in Europe.

[/quote

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

@ ben in my experience it is rare to find anyone willing to invest in loss or even to grasp that concept.

how invested are you? if today you wandered into the moment of serious combat you would stay invested or go mantis? i realize this is hypothetical question. but your thoughts?

• Like 1

harmony and blanace does change the world.

does the relativity of the crime change when you become the intended victim?

yes actually it does.

Heres an example: one time an elderly gypsy woman approached my register at walmart where I worked for a while. Using her sleight of hand skills she removed $1200 from my cash drawer. :ph34r:

When i was informed of this fact by my managers later, i felt a strange sensation. It was not remorse. My intuition told me that it was good for a gypsy to be running around, causing trouble for evil corporations.

The security video was put on the news and the gypsy was painted as a criminal.

In my mind I encountered a great hero. Otherwise my intuition would have alerted me to any negative vibes she was carrying around. I thought that she was a really nice person. :)

The idea that crime is relative is supported by the fact that it changes in relation to the factors involved.

Edited by phore

I think with every action comes an equal reaction so if a villain is out doing evil deeds then the evil deeds will come back at him in some way or another, and if not in this life time then it will catch up with him eventually. I think it is best to just let the universe take care of it and not worry about revenge or retribution. My mom knew someone who was sexually abused by her boyfriend and she used her intent and energy to will bad things to happen to him; soon after he got into a serious car accident, but within the next several months her teeth and hair started to all fall out and she started to get serious health problems because her act of revenge was an evil act in itself. I think just have faith in the universe that everything happens for a reason and its ways can very subtle so just sit back and go with the flow.

One of the only martial arts that I agree with is Aikido because its philosophy is to stop the conflict through peaceful means by not injuring the attacker and allowing them to return to harmony with the universe; violence will only bring more violence, I believe only through peace can violence be vanquished. Well thats my two cents :lol:

"Special powers" don't usually fare too well against bullets, as was seen in the Boxer Rebellion, as well as those warriors in the Congo who thought that their shaman's spell would keep them bulletproof...it didn't work. But maybe Starjumper's buddies have had better training! ;)

One of the only martial arts that I agree with is Aikido because its philosophy is to stop the conflict through peaceful means by not injuring the attacker and allowing them to return to harmony with the universe; violence will only bring more violence, I believe only through peace can violence be vanquished. Well thats my two cents :lol:

I agree with your post, but i wish to point out that a lot of martial arts incorporate this philosophy, and even in more combat oriented arts masters usually apply this philosophy to their own arts.

yes actually it does.

Heres an example: one time an elderly gypsy woman approached my register at walmart where I worked for a while. Using her sleight of hand skills she removed $1200 from my cash drawer. ph34r.gif

When i was informed of this fact by my managers later, i felt a strange sensation. It was not remorse. My intuition told me that it was good for a gypsy to be running around, causing trouble for evil corporations.

The security video was put on the news and the gypsy was painted as a criminal.

In my mind I encountered a great hero. Otherwise my intuition would have alerted me to any negative vibes she was carrying around. I thought that she was a really nice person. smile.gif

The idea that crime is relative is supported by the fact that it changes in relation to the factors involved.

happy.gif

Edited by zerostao

You forgot all about genetic factors. It´s easier for mesomorph men to build up muscles which are essential for fighting.

And what happens if your brothers and teachers are attacked by someone who uses weapons, pepper spray, a stun gun or a taser gun?

pepper spray and taser gun, not much worry there

Edited by zerostao

Why not use martial arts to be a hero?

Let me ask you, why don't you grow an orrange tree to eat apples?

Because you are afraid, perhaps not even ready. You fear that once the orrange tree has grown, you will never have place for apples anymore.

The very definition of martial arts makes it impossible for someone to end up as a hero. The reason is simple: Hero's die... Thats what they do. They are too couragious and encourage you to do the impossible, which is childish. Only children admire hero's, only children act like hero's, only children die... Then they rise again as men and warriors.

You never use martial arts to be a hero, because you fear that death will take that away from you.

Edited by Everything