Sign in to follow this  
King Kabalabhati

Letting go

This morning there was a special moment, after half hour of lotus sitting doing Small Universe, then 10 minutes lower Dan Tien..

A feeling of letting go of the railing, so to speak, to just floating. It is a beautiful and very relaxing moment, where for a while there's no need to control thoughts since none seem to arise.. Then soon I felt as though my heartbeat was getting more intense, can't say if it accelerated but there arises the awareness of "this is it", the emptiness part, no thought, the real deal..

It's a bit scary? :o

This morning there was a special moment, after half hour of lotus sitting doing Small Universe, then 10 minutes lower Dan Tien..

A feeling of letting go of the railing, so to speak, to just floating. It is a beautiful and very relaxing moment, where for a while there's no need to control thoughts since none seem to arise.. Then soon I felt as though my heartbeat was getting more intense, can't say if it accelerated but there arises the awareness of "this is it", the emptiness part, no thought, the real deal..

It's a bit scary? :o

Pretty sure that means energy is actually being put into the dan tien. It's only temporary though.

Even if you're putting energy in the dan tien, eventually this goes away. I had it happen for a couple sessions then it seemed to go ahead. I think your body will just get use to it.

I pretty much pushed through it most of the times.. Till everything was calm again, really something.

I was a slightly worried in the beginning to, your pulse gets alot stronger (is that what you meant?) alot stronger then it usually does on its own. Felt my whole body pump sometimes.

Anyway the feeling is pretty much temporary. Im pretty sure it's just to tell you you're doing it right.

Perhaps some others have other opinions on the matter though.

Edited by NeiChuan

I also think it's kind of comical to be having this kind of moments by myself while the kids are in the next room watching cartoons. I have meditation music in my MP3-player and ear protectors on top of that :)

• Like 1

"... but there arises the awareness of "this is it", the emptiness part, no thought, the real deal.."

Yeah, sounds like you attained the state of wu. And I agree with NeiChuan in that this is only temporary and for most of us doesn't really happen all that often.

Just enjoy what it was and know that you can go back when conditions are right. (But you may never know what the 'right' conditions are.)

Rest is in the Valley Spirit (Yin).

Best Wishes.

Hehehe. Yeah, but it is hard to let go of all our security blankets.

Open arms can be very comfortable, so much so, you stop noticing them.

Open arms can be very comfortable, so much so, you stop noticing them.

I don't know whether to say "Ouch" or laugh. Hehehe.

What you say is true. However, ...

Isn't it true that once we stop noticing we are taking the actions for granted and therefore are no longer grateful for the kindness?

And isn't this also speaking to the concept of relying on other people and things in our life for support rather than becoming self-supportive?

We should throw down our crutches once we have learned to walk on our own. This offers us so much more freedom in oh, so many ways.

I don't know whether to say "Ouch" or laugh. Hehehe.

What you say is true. However, ...

Isn't it true that once we stop noticing we are taking the actions for granted and therefore are no longer grateful for the kindness?

And isn't this also speaking to the concept of relying on other people and things in our life for support rather than becoming self-supportive?

We should throw down our crutches once we have learned to walk on our own. This offers us so much more freedom in oh, so many ways.

I agree. I was just saying for most it takes a bit to actually drop those crutches.

For a baby, their crutch is there parents walking, old man a stick, but for you and I, it's just a "Crutch".

I agree with this.

People have to stand on their feet. My input was just that it can be a comfortable feeling to have that support sometimes, although it's most often better you don't get it.

So you and I can grow.

^_^ Thanks for the Reply.

My input was just that it can be a comfortable feeling to have that support sometimes, although it's most often better you don't get it.

Absolutely!!! And this support is very important at different times in our life. Hey, we all can trip and fall. It is always easier getting up if there is someone there to help. We really do need to support each other in times of need. (Gotta' watch out so that we are not intentionally taken advantage of though.) (And, of course, we should never take advantage of others' support and kindness.)

What a beautiful concept you hit on!!! Thanks.

Absolutely!!! And this support is very important at different times in our life. Hey, we all can trip and fall. It is always easier getting up if there is someone there to help. We really do need to support each other in times of need. (Gotta' watch out so that we are not intentionally taken advantage of though.) (And, of course, we should never take advantage of others' support and kindness.)

What a beautiful concept you hit on!!! Thanks.

It was only due to your replies.

Thank you ^_^

It was only due to your replies.

Thank you ^_^

Okay. Now that we have given each other a hug what do we talk about next?

Actually, sometimes we need to hold on, like when we are riding a horse or if we are a passenger on a motorcycle.

Okay. Now that we have given each other a hug what do we talk about next?

Actually, sometimes we need to hold on, like when we are riding a horse or if we are a passenger on a motorcycle.

Hahah.

Yeah I agree. Although I believe there are also times you sort of have to hopelessly be alone on something, no matter the difficulty.

Depending on the importance.

Like some things in Nei dan, or cultivation in general.

Hahah.

Yeah I agree. Although I believe there are also times you sort of have to hopelessly be alone on something, no matter the difficulty.

Depending on the importance.

Like some things in Nei dan, or cultivation in general.

Yeah, I have found in my own life that the older I get the more I prefer being alone, doning thinks on my own.

And indeed, when it comes to self-cultivation, the majority of what we do needs be done alone.

And even in the TTC are are told things like, "Know Yang but hold to Yin." So totally letting go of all concepts might not be such a great idea.

Yeah, I have found in my own life that the older I get the more I prefer being alone, doning thinks on my own.

And indeed, when it comes to self-cultivation, the majority of what we do needs be done alone.

And even in the TTC are are told things like, "Know Yang but hold to Yin." So totally letting go of all concepts might not be such a great idea.

Mhm. I believe it's about developing and retaining your coreself.

So to adopt to many peoples qualities, or to not stand on your own feat, may be a negative towards your self development.

Mhm. I believe it's about developing and retaining your coreself.

So to adopt to many peoples qualities, or to not stand on your own feat, may be a negative towards your self development.

Yeah, when speaking of self-development and cultivation I like to use the term "self-actualization" whenever possible. This says so much more for me in that it is saying we become what we actually are - what we are naturally. And true, this can be done only by oneself. We can never become what we truely are if we keep listening to others telling us what we are supposed to be.

And I agree, we need to be able to stand on our own two feet (or however many we have).

Now, there is nothing wrong, IMO, in adapting oneself to the customs of the people we are around. I was fortunate in that I found this very easy to do when I was in the Army and constantly moving between Asia, the US, and Europe. But still, we need be watchful so that we do not cause ourself inner conflict by doing something that is unnatural to us.

Yeah, when speaking of self-development and cultivation I like to use the term "self-actualization" whenever possible. This says so much more for me in that it is saying we become what we actually are - what we are naturally. And true, this can be done only by oneself. We can never become what we truely are if we keep listening to others telling us what we are supposed to be.

And I agree, we need to be able to stand on our own two feet (or however many we have).

Now, there is nothing wrong, IMO, in adapting oneself to the customs of the people we are around. I was fortunate in that I found this very easy to do when I was in the Army and constantly moving between Asia, the US, and Europe. But still, we need be watchful so that we do not cause ourself inner conflict by doing something that is unnatural to us.

Hm yeah, so you don't go overboard, and following customs turns into just listening to whatever people tell you to do.

I like the term self-actualization aswell haha. I believe pretty much the same concept.

Hm yeah, so you don't go overboard, and following customs turns into just listening to whatever people tell you to do.

Right. I did not try to become a Korean or German or whatever. I was, and still am, a proud American. But respecting a people's customs while on their lands is the easiest way to be accepted by those people. They will then teach you what you need to know about themselves.

There is

an essential prerequisite

for letting go

Bravery

Without a doubt. The beginning phase of letting go is very scarey.

Likewise with emptying one's mind.

Today I felt the same thing occuring after a similar routine... then.. I smelled cat poo.

One of our felines had just used a nearby litter box. I decided it was the Universe telling me to get up and shovel away the foot of snow on my driveway.

I don't feel any fear like as an emotion, just a pronounced heartbeat that is usually associate with emotions like anxiety etc.

But I do realise there may be some issues that need be dissolved before a more "perfect" letting go can happen. I think it's just to spend more time at it without thinking of the goal too much, to kind of "waste away" so to speak.

Anyway, thanks for being so sweet in my thread guys :)

• Like 1

Hi King K.,

Yeah, we get inspired in many different ways. Shovelling cat poo is like shovelling snow.

Yes, anxiety will be an issue when letting go. Like someone mentioned above, we need be strong.

I think letting go is an on-going process. We naturally seek out security. Nothing wrong with that. But once we are reestablished we will have more letting go to do. I guess it is part of the journey.

Hey, I have enjoyed your thread. Gave me an opportunity to talk about something that I feel is important in our life.

Thank you for being you.

• Like 1

Today I felt the same thing occuring after a similar routine... then.. I smelled cat poo.

One of our felines had just used a nearby litter box. I decided it was the Universe telling me to get up and shovel away the foot of snow on my driveway.

I don't feel any fear like as an emotion, just a pronounced heartbeat that is usually associate with emotions like anxiety etc.

But I do realise there may be some issues that need be dissolved before a more "perfect" letting go can happen. I think it's just to spend more time at it without thinking of the goal too much, to kind of "waste away" so to speak.

Anyway, thanks for being so sweet in my thread guys :)

Sound pretty cool what you wrote in your first post. I rekon you should practice further by not listening to your heart beat, let that go too. Don't have it in your mind. Of course it is happening, like there are cars driving down the street outside and kids playing in the next room but you let it go out of your mind. Then the smell of the cat's poo is maybe a test too, let it go, don't smell it. Of course the smell is there but it doesn't smell good or bad, and you won't even notice it if you keep practicing.

I remember one time practicing in the forest, camping by myself. In my tent there were several flies and to try to ignore them when they stop and walk on your face, especially around my lips, to try to train myself to not even react internally (or externally), at all, was very hard but there were times i could do it. With practice you can do it more and more and then with everything in your life.

When you can do it all throughout your daily life you are free to choose how you would like to react to any stimulus, if you want to react at all. There is no automatic conditioned reaction.

This is what i think it means when people say meditation can let you free yourself. But of course i guess leaving poo in your house is not something you would choose to do :P

Sign in to follow this