devoid

Akashic Records

Hi Friends,

As the topic suggest: Resources on Akashic Records.

Can any of you recommend any resources on this topic?

A quick glance on Amazon brought up a couple of books on the topic - I'd be interested in any recommendations.

I mentioned recently on another thread, I've been waking up in the mornings repeatedly to a vivid dream where I'm reading ancient scrolls and modern textbooks right in front of my eyes, but I can't seem to understand the words in any understandable sequence. Someone mentioned that it might be somehow tapping into the Akashic records. I'd like to know more about it too. Or someone also said it could be remembrance of a prior life. Either way, it's odd.

I don't have any recommendations, but yea, the Akashic records are cool. Swami Muktananda talks about them and his experience of them in Play Of Consciousness.

This was an interesting thought about the AR that I just noticed on a website -

"An example of one who many claimed successfully read the akashic records is the late American mystic Edgar Cayce. Cayce did his readings in a sleep state or trance. Cayce's method was described by Dr. Wesley H. Ketchum who for several years used Cayce as an adjunct for his medical practice. "Cayce's subconscious...is in direct communication with all other subconscious minds, and is capable of interpreting through his objective mind and imparting impressions received to other objective minds, gathering in this way all knowledge possessed by endless millions of other subconscious minds." Apparently Cayce was interpreting the collective subconscious mind long before the psychiatrist C.J. Jung postulated his concept of the collective unconscious. A.G.H.

Thanks for the TaoBums reference - interesting thread.

Are you able to read the records in a recognizable form?

This was an interesting thought about the AR that I just noticed on a website -

"An example of one who many claimed successfully read the akashic records is the late American mystic Edgar Cayce. Cayce did his readings in a sleep state or trance. Cayce's method was described by Dr. Wesley H. Ketchum who for several years used Cayce as an adjunct for his medical practice. "Cayce's subconscious...is in direct communication with all other subconscious minds, and is capable of interpreting through his objective mind and imparting impressions received to other objective minds, gathering in this way all knowledge possessed by endless millions of other subconscious minds." Apparently Cayce was interpreting the collective subconscious mind long before the psychiatrist C.J. Jung postulated his concept of the collective unconscious. A.G.H.

Apparently Buddhists were interpreting the collective sub-un-conscious long before both and postulating a conceptual theory as "alayavijnana".

Roughly meaning, "storehouse consciousness" both individual and collective, to be experienced directly through meditation.

Thanks for the TaoBums reference - interesting thread.

Are you able to read the records in a recognizable form?

I've definitely had my own experiences referencing the Akashic.

I've definitely had my own experiences referencing the Akashic.

Veejay - were these during dreams or meditations, and were the words understandable? Were you able to make heads or tails out of what they were saying?

Veejay - were these during dreams or meditations, and were the words understandable? Were you able to make heads or tails out of what they were saying?

Both, only in meaning in the moment, as if I spoke the languages at the different times. In immediate retrospect upon awaking or arising from the cushion, I remember it being of different languages though.

I can't remember having an Akashic experience for some time now though... I'm trying to think right now when the last time was.

It's really just a dimension into which one may travel that may manifest in the actual form of a library with scrolls. This I do not remember so clearly in my own case. I remember reading scrolls or texts like you describe in another language, and I remember at the moment I remembered the meaning, even though this was only in retrospect... as later it resulted more of a feeling rather than conceptual information...

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I can't make out any sequence to the words at all. They're in English, but the words aren't in cohesive sentences; either that, or my ability to see them in sequence is compromised in the dreams; however, I did notice that there were no connective words, like and, as, for, etc. In looking at another website about Cayce it mentions that his viewing of the scrolls was disjointed and seemingly meaningless. This would seem to confirm my phenomena as well, if this is what it is.

If it truly is possible that we are periodically given a glimpse into this mysterious place, it would make sense that the words may not be in sequence, because the knowledge may not be in linear sequence. The element of time may have been taken out of it, rendering the words piled up on one another as opposed to laid out in a linear fashion. I'm just guessing here, but it makes sense to me; past, present, and future being an illusion and all....

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies.

Alwayson: Thanks for the tip. I looked up the Akashic Records in "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce. He's got about 5-6 pages on it in there - in short: go there (using intent) - and be very clear about what you ask for. Sounds right, but I was hoping for a bit more info, although I guess that's probably all one needs to know :)

I'll probably want a book on the topic. Here's what I came across as potential candidates (the order is that in which they were presented to me by Amazon):

1. Linda Howe and Juliette Lloyds : How to Read the Akashic Records
  2. Dr. Synthia Andrews and Colin Andrews: The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Akashic Records
  3. Kevin J. Todeschi: Edgar Cayce on the Akashic Records: The Book of Life
  4. Shaun Martinz: Remember Who You Are: Insights from the Akashic Records
  5. Kathy Karlander: Discovering the Essence of Your Soul: Learn How to Facilitate Your Spiritual Growth by Accessing Your Akashic Records
  6. Cheryl M. Trine, Morgaine M. Trine, und David R. Trine: The New Akashic Records: Knowing, Healing & Spiritual Practice
  7. Lumari: Akashic Records: Collective Keepers of Divine Expression

Some of the books are intended as how-to's whereas some are more intended as case studies. There are many reviews of most of the books. After careful examination I'm probably leaning towards starting with Lumari's book.

If anybody reading this thread has read any of the above books (or even a different one) on the Akashic Records, please kindly let me know which and what you thought of it.

Edited by devoid
  • Like 1

Thanks for your replies.

Alwayson: Thanks for the tip. I looked up the Akashic Records in "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce. He's got about 5-6 pages on it in there - in short: go there (using intent) - and be very clear about what you ask for. Sounds right, but I was hoping for a bit more info, although I guess that's probably all one needs to know :)

He said in radio interviews that the vision screen is the best way to go about it.

He said in radio interviews that the vision screen is the best way to go about it.

Sure, I don't doubt that. With intent I simply meant using whichever means works best for you, i.e. using the vision screen or whichever (some use imagined special-purpose built vehicles, others envisage entering a library-looking building, etc. and I suppose that the really experienced patrons of the Akashic Records simply 'go there' without vision screens or the likes). Personally, I prefer to 'go places' from the heart's garden to ensure the mind-heart connection which I perceive as my weakest link, but I am aware that Robert Bruce's preference is for the vision screen, which I would imagine works well for people who are accustomed to viewing television on a large screen.

In signing up on astralbob.com (re. your other thread) I noted that Robert Bruce made available his book Astral Dynamics for free in an electronic format to people who sign up - and best of all: there's lots of new material related to his thoughts on the Akashic Records (spread over several chapters) which were not included in the printed book (1999 Edition).

I will review this as well as the two books I ordered on the Akashic Records (Lumari's and Cheryl M. Trine's) and let you have my initial thoughts when I have browsed through them all.

I mentioned recently on another thread, I've been waking up in the mornings repeatedly to a vivid dream where I'm reading ancient scrolls and modern textbooks right in front of my eyes, but I can't seem to understand the words in any understandable sequence. Someone mentioned that it might be somehow tapping into the Akashic records. I'd like to know more about it too. Or someone also said it could be remembrance of a prior life. Either way, it's odd.

Are you aware you are dreaming when you are reading them? Or you remember only when you woke up that you were reading them?

Are you aware you are dreaming when you are reading them? Or you remember only when you woke up that you were reading them?

It's a lucid dream that I'm aware of as I am awakening. I can prolong the state by not opening my eyes or trying to think too much. I am aware of each word and recognize it as being a viable English word, but my mind can't put the words together in a recognizable sentence. They're disjointed. But I'm definitely 'awake', as you would be in a lucid dream. then when I open my eyes, I'm awake.

It's a lucid dream that I'm aware of as I am awakening. I can prolong the state by not opening my eyes or trying to think too much. I am aware of each word and recognize it as being a viable English word, but my mind can't put the words together in a recognizable sentence. They're disjointed. But I'm definitely 'awake', as you would be in a lucid dream. then when I open my eyes, I'm awake.

Oh then the message is understood in the lucid state just a bit sketchy in waking state. It might surprise you (or not) that you already have digested what the records had to say. Confirmation of which will come when you experience something. Connecting the awareness of the effect of this knowledge though may not happen immediately but it will.

Oh then the message is understood in the lucid state just a bit sketchy in waking state. It might surprise you (or not) that you already have digested what the records had to say. Confirmation of which will come when you experience something. Connecting the awareness of the effect of this knowledge though may not happen immediately but it will.

Actually, that has been happening, but it's strange to talk about. I seem to have access to answers that I have no business of knowing, like a pool of knowledge that's just there for the scooping. And yes, there is a sense of brain input on the books and scrolls. Have you had similar things happen?

My first two dreams were scrolls; I think one read from top to bottom, the other read from side to side. The most recent dream was definitely a textbook. The thing I find really odd is the absence of connecting words in the text. This may be an indication that they are not laid out in a linear fashion, the words seemed to be merely words unconnected to each other. But the words go by fast! Like speed-reading.

I too have had one experience with the 'death in the eyes' thing, but I haven't connected it in any way to the scroll viewings. I went to see a lady, knocked at her door, and when she opened the door her eyes were filled to the brim with blood, and the blood was splashing down her cheeks. I looked away in shock, then looked back at her and her eyes were just fine. But she did die of a stroke the following week. I do not traditionally have this type of vision, so this is definitely unusual for me.

I expect that you are K-active as well, Penny? My guess is that all this stuff ties in together in some neat cosmic package, lol.

My first two dreams were scrolls; I think one read from top to bottom, the other read from side to side. The most recent dream was definitely a textbook. The thing I find really odd is the absence of connecting words in the text. This may be an indication that they are not laid out in a linear fashion, the words seemed to be merely words unconnected to each other. But the words go by fast! Like speed-reading.

I too have had one experience with the 'death in the eyes' thing, but I haven't connected it in any way to the scroll viewings. I went to see a lady, knocked at her door, and when she opened the door her eyes were filled to the brim with blood, and the blood was splashing down her cheeks. I looked away in shock, then looked back at her and her eyes were just fine. But she did die of a stroke the following week. I do not traditionally have this type of vision, so this is definitely unusual for me.

I expect that you are K-active as well, Penny? My guess is that all this stuff ties in together in some neat cosmic package, lol.

I have not experienced non liner, fast yes. I have a few friends that have though. Haha could be a cosmic package! I don't know?What is a K-active?

Edited by pennyofheaven

Sorry, K-active meaning kundalini active.

You have friends that get the scrolls too? Do they have the same sense of input, the same sense of access to information they know nothing about? This is wonderful.

I've noticed that the information isn't just there for the asking if I'm just sitting there thinking about something. It becomes accessible during conversation and it is as though it was 'drawn out' by the question. It feels like I'm channeling because I have no idea what I'm going to say next but it comes out making sense.

I wonder if there is increased access to these things as time goes on. I would suppose that this phenomena has been going on through the ages, but it would be really interesting to know if this odd phenomena is on the increase. At the very least our ability to communicate this phenomenon to each other has greatly increased, so maybe it just seems that psychic activity of this type is on the rise.

Had a quick read about kundalini. I could be k active according to the quick read.

Yes they read scrolls, books, image type recordings. Fast, slow, ancient languages. It's all very interesting to hear different peoples accounts. Yes the same type of instantaneous access on a variety of subjects, events and things. What intrigues me the most is the less schooled they are, they are more prone to have huge amounts of intellectual knowledge available to them that is astounding. I haven't been fortunate enough to come across those records yet. Apart from the average schooling I have had. Its pure experiential knowledge haha.

I either learn by experience or I don't.

It seems to be on the rise I do agree. Perhaps it has always been and people feel able to discuss their experiences more openly without the fear of being judged. I have often wondered too whether or not once you have this ability to access, the ability to access is like turning a switch off and on and increases when its on.

I have often wondered too whether or not once you have this ability to access, the ability to access is like turning a switch off and on and increases when its on.

Like a bank... the more you put in the more you get out.

Or like a muscle... the more you work it the stronger it gets.

Yes... I think so.

What intrigues me the most is the less schooled they are, they are more prone to have huge amounts of intellectual knowledge available to them that is astounding.

My experience sort of bears that out too. I have a 12th grade education, that that's just barely. My husband Joe has an 8th grade education; he hasn't been getting the scrolls, but the incredible knowledge that has been inserted into his shamanic little head is astounding. He is capable of speaking like a Master when it's called for. Plus, in his case, this is after a total of 19 years spent in prison and many years of living on the streets as a wino.

I think some of our stories around here are pretty incredible - I've heard glimpses of other incredible recovery stories on this site as well. This is magic alchemical stuff.