Sign in to follow this  
taofish

Acupressure Mats anyone?

Has anyone of you here used one of those Accupressure Mats? Are they legitimate healing tools? should i start stimiluting the front of the body or back first? Also chi kung and breathing excercises before or after? Any advice appreciated... :)

Has anyone of you here used one of those Accupressure Mats?

Uh... which? Please provide link or picture?

Here's some of the explorations I've done, fwiw.

Hi, I have a acupressure mat and have used it only couple times in the past. I wasn't very sensitive energetically when I tried it so can't say much about the effects. Felt a lot of heat and increased blood circulation, and kinda relaxed (when I got used to the feeling of spikes on my skin). Dunno about healing effects. I might try it sometime again, and maybe report something here, maybe :)

Also, you can stand on it too... I remember that being pretty hardcore without socks, but with socks was easier.

Edited by atena

Uh... which? Please provide link or picture?

Here's some of the explorations I've done, fwiw.

I think acupressure works mainly in 2 ways - on acupoints/meridians and reflexology zones.

Reflexology can be done on the feet, hands or ears - but feet are perhaps the most effective for acupressure since they have a shorter path to your organs and the ears are perhaps better suited for needles due to their small size.

6166VbH7EzL._AA300_.jpg

They actually have rock paths in parks in Taiwan specifically designed for people to walk on for self-reflexology. But, you can also buy these plastic reflexology mats for home use.

51KNO4i%2B89L._SS400_.jpg

I dunno, they look more ergonomic than this design:

product_img_11_250x250.jpg

However, the more blocked you are, the more it will hurt walking on them. Only when your health improves will it become more comfortable and soothing...

Edited by vortex

Sign in to follow this