Sign in to follow this  
rookie

Seasonal Qigong

I was wondering about seasonal qigong practices.

Does anyone do anything different in different seasons intentionally?

How about diet?

Like, are you building and strengthening the water-kidneys now?

Just wondering if someone does this if they could share what it is, or point out some good references.

Thanks in advance :)

How about diet?

Like, are you building and strengthening the water-kidneys now?

Just wondering if someone does this if they could share what it is, or point out some good references.

Thanks in advance :)

rookie; i like this question. unfortunately i am not the best qualified person to respond to this....

there is an old snake form i do , where in the winter i do it "yang" and in the summer i do it "yin"

the idea is to keep a balance. i do feel qi circulation changes with the seasons and different organs have to make adjustments seasonally. like when the air cools the lungs need to adjust to breathe the cooler air.

i know yang jwing-ming has a course called 4 seasons qigong. in my studies about the hwa t'o 5 animals qigong

, each animal is assigned a season, however i have seen different seasons given by different experts.

i am looking into this a little closer now myself. i have heard you eat a different type of rice in the winter than in the summer. this winter i am using moxibustion to warm up my qi. this is the more traditional idea but some people use it during the spring.

also from bruce frantzis http://www.taichimaster.com/energy-gates-qigong/taoism-and-winter-solstice-tips/

good luck and i hope some more qualified folks respond to this thread.

While I don't do it a lot I was taught this one for winter, although my Si Tai Tai Gung trained it everyday.

Yuerng Sun Gung (Nourish the Body Qigong)

Sign in to follow this