Sign in to follow this  
strawdog65

Egypt, inherited technology, and the end of the world!

Hello Everyone!

What is the future of the Human race?

Are we bound for destruction and only strife?

Is this a future of our own making?

If we are asleep at the wheel, who is to blame but ourselves?

I agree that all things are cyclic in nature, just as the rise and fall

of societies and governments are cyclic, all things have the appearance of

a beginning or an end.

The only difference is if it is a complete clean slate or there are remnants

of the previous society melded with the new.

A good example would be Egypt, the history Egyptian technology works

in a backwards fashion it seems. Oddly when we look at the advancement

of the Egyptian people at the time of the creation of the pyramids, we

witness a culture with incredible technology and advancement. But as we

move forward in time, away from the building of the pyramids we see a

culture that is a shadow of what was before.

How does a culture build such incredibly advanced monuments and then

misplace the technology that was used in the creation of such monuments?

My personal belief is that the culture of the pyramid builders is not the

Egyptian culture we see today.

The Pyramids are much older than we are led to believe, by thousands of years.

And the Egyptian culture that built those monuments collapsed through some

incredible calamity. (my thoughts)

Technological advancement usually moves forward in time, not backward as we

see in Egypt. The most advanced point of Egyptian culture and technology is

represented by the time of building the Great Pyramid, after that, technology is in

a downward spiral, almost as though Some vital component has been lost.

Check the history, check the technology, and it's obvious that we are not getting

the truth of what happened in Egypt.

This is a sign of the Egyptians inheriting a society and technology not entirely of

their own making. To this day, no one can adequately satisfy the questions of how

a pre-industrial society could construct structures of such fine precision without

the use of advanced tools and machinery. Many of the structures attributed to have

been built by the Egyptians would be impossible to build today with the advanced

technology we have now.

Will our own culture and world society suffer a similar fate?

Will we suffer a great calamity and see the efforts of our technology wiped away?

Setbacks are inevitable, but how we protect what we have learned is up to us.

We can and should prepare to make sure that if something does happen

that threatens to extinguish all advancements made, we will protect the legacy

for the survivors to start anew. So they can learn and take what was good

and re-build from there.

What do you think?

Are we on a similar path?

Peace!

• Like 1

Yes I'm pretty sure all our societies will collapse and our achievements will be lost just like every other advanced society that has ever existed. It seems to be the nature of things that there is involution as well as evolution. It makes you wonder what's the point of it all.

It is good to note that history is not a progressive course towards technological advancement, but instead a series of civilizations that rise (and fall).

Let us not forget the Dark Ages. Without the revived Greek texts I doubt there would have been a Renaissance! Or isolationist Japan--they were trading a third of the world's silver before the Tokugawa Shogunate. Remember it was Ghandi that argued for a return to simplicity! Furthermore, Islam has fallen far from the Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal empires: once the center of the academic world, now we see that Europe is the 'developed' world and the Middle East is the 'undeveloped' world.

From chaos to structure; from dust to civilization and civilizations to dust; the Sage sees all and overcomes the cycle. The Taoist must see wide to become small.

bright blessings,

Koma

Edited by Komako

I think just about everybody senses that things are going to be changing imminently. One thought I've had is that Spirit (or the Tao, or God, or the Void...whatever name you want to give It) has interspersed us throughout the world, those of us who are grasping at truth. Those of us who value truth and can walk the path of the mature Taoist, the mature Buddhist, the mature Christian - the ones who have transcended the forms and are in touch with the Is-ness and can embrace it. There are going to be a lot of frightened people out there. Heck, there are a lot of really frightened Sunday-Christians back here where I live - many of them are going to classes on The Revelations, or the perceived upcoming apocalyptic times.

Not only Egyptology, but the indigenous of any culture! The shamans of old were the earth-magicians, the ones who could see energy as it travelled through the universe. They could bend it, twist it, throw it, use it for healing or perhaps fighting. They saw the Tribe as the One. They were not separate entities, or at least if you are willing to believe tribal oral histories and continuing visions. My guess is that they huddled together for various purposes when requiring lots of energy to manifest; healing, etc. We, modern man, have lost the ability to do that. We think we are tremendously evolved because of the sophistication of our machines, our culture. But in essense we have lost the very thing that made life worth living. Sometimes I think all the Tao or Spirit wants is to experience itself. Period. Unhampered by illusion and delusion.

Well, if the Mayans have it right, this 26,000 year cycle will be ending in the near future. I'm hoping that there's a bright side to the big cloud that seems to be hovering over our world today. There must be a lining that we cannot see from where we stand; perhaps the good and wonderful things (which never make the news anyways, so we don't hear about them) will become manifest for the onset of the new 26,000 year cycle. There's an awful lot of moving toward oneness on not only the spiritual/scientific symbiosis, but world economics may have to become more unified as we realize that as one country falls, the domino is put into motion.

We of the Taoist persuasion, or any other transcendental mindset, will have a front seat from which to view everything happening, but we are so fortunate in that we've internalized the illusion aspect of all the scary stuff that others are so worried about.

Edited by manitou

Completely agree that the achievements of the Old Kingdom Egypt outshone what cam after ... although the religion was developed and they weren't as backward looking as some would have us believe ... the idea of the conservative Egyptian mind comes from Greek commentators right at near the end of their culture.

Also it is absolutely true that the confidence in continual linear progress is a myth and has never happened in history ... Dark Ages is a good example ...

I think the wisdom that we tap into is far older than any of the scientists imagine ... so perhaps periods of 'decline' are just readjustments in our minds and outlook which are somehow necessary when you get the big picture.

I think just about everybody senses that things are going to be changing imminently. One thought I've had is that Spirit (or the Tao, or God, or the Void...whatever name you want to give It) has interspersed us throughout the world, those of us who are grasping at truth. Those of us who value truth and can walk the path of the mature Taoist, the mature Buddhist, the mature Christian - the ones who have transcended the forms and are in touch with the Is-ness and can embrace it. There are going to be a lot of frightened people out there. Heck, there are a lot of really frightened Sunday-Christians back here where I live - many of them are going to classes on The Revelations, or the perceived upcoming apocalyptic times.

Not only Egyptology, but the indigenous of any culture! The shamans of old were the earth-magicians, the ones who could see energy as it travelled through the universe. They could bend it, twist it, throw it, use it for healing or perhaps fighting. They saw the Tribe as the One. They were not separate entities, or at least if you are willing to believe tribal oral histories and continuing visions. My guess is that they huddled together for various purposes when requiring lots of energy to manifest; healing, etc. We, modern man, have lost the ability to do that. We think we are tremendously evolved because of the sophistication of our machines, our culture. But in essense we have lost the very thing that made life worth living. Sometimes I think all the Tao or Spirit wants is to experience itself. Period. Unhampered by illusion and delusion.

Well, if the Mayans have it right, this 26,000 year cycle will be ending in the near future. I'm hoping that there's a bright side to the big cloud that seems to be hovering over our world today. There must be a lining that we cannot see from where we stand; perhaps the good and wonderful things (which never make the news anyways, so we don't hear about them) will become manifest for the onset of the new 26,000 year cycle. There's an awful lot of moving toward oneness on not only the spiritual/scientific symbiosis, but world economics may have to become more unified as we realize that as one country falls, the domino is put into motion.

We of the Taoist persuasion, or any other transcendental mindset, will have a front seat from which to view everything happening, but we are so fortunate in that we've internalized the illusion aspect of all the scary stuff that others are so worried about.

HI Manitou!

I think that the greatest comfort to me is the knowledge that even if all were to end

this very second, it would only mean that we are all only returning to our source.

There was no beginning.... and there will be no end... only Transformation.

Peace!

One question I have is how come there's no archeological evidence to support this? If our civilization fell today, even if it's just a city like Manhattan and not the rest of the world, there would be archeological evidence for millions of years. Why is it that Egypt is missing that? Surely they weren't so technologically advanced and yet built houses from stone, mud, and brick?

One question I have is how come there's no archeological evidence to support this? If our civilization fell today, even if it's just a city like Manhattan and not the rest of the world, there would be archeological evidence for millions of years. Why is it that Egypt is missing that? Surely they weren't so technologically advanced and yet built houses from stone, mud, and brick?

Hi Sunya!

Good question!

If the technology existed long enough ago, much would have fallen away to dust by now.

But here's an idea... What if the technological society that influenced

these ancient cultures was not Earth Originated?

Then they would have just taken their technology with them when leaving Earth. :o

Peace!

First Science TV on ancient electricty

Video about ancient technology-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3747926086715809142#

Video about just how exact and precise the Great Pyramid is-

Really cool Discovery Channel documentary about the Pyramids and Sphinx

Giza Power

Gizapower : The Official Chris Dunn Website

Here is an article talking about these kind of issues

Gizapower.com - Precision

While it may be argued that modern man cannot impose a modern perspective on artifact that are thousands of years old, an appreciation of the level of precision found in these artifacts is lacking in archaeological literature and is only revealed by an understanding what it takes to produce this kind of work. As an engineer and craftsman, who has worked in manufacturing for over 40 years and who has created precision artifacts in our modern world, in my opinion this accomplishment in prehistory deserves more recognition. Nobody does this kind of work unless there is a very high purpose for the artifact. Even the concept of this kind of precision does not occur to an artisan unless there is no other means of accomplishing what the artifact is intended to do. The only other reason that such precision would be created in an object would be that the tools that are used to create it are so precise that they are incapable of producing anything less than precision. With either scenario, we are looking at a higher civilization in prehistory than what is currently accepted. To me, the implications are staggering.

This is why I believe that these artifacts that I have measured in Egypt, are the smoking gun that proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that a higher civilization than what we have been taught existed in ancient Egypt. The evidence is cut into the stone.

The boxes that are off the beaten tourist's path in the rock tunnels of the Serapeum would be extremely difficult to produce today. Their smooth flat surfaces, orthogonal perfection and incredibly small inside corner radii that I have inspected with modern precision straight edges, squares and radius gages, leave me in awe. Even though after contacting four precision granite manufacturers I could not find one who could replicate their perfection, I would not say that it would be impossible to make one todayif we had a good reason to do so. But what would that reason be? For what purpose would we quarry an 80-ton block of granite, hollow its inside and proceed to craft it to such a high level of accuracy? Why would we find it necessary to craft the top surface of this box so that a lid with an equally flat underside surface would sit square with the inside walls?

There may be arguments against the claims of advanced societies in prehistory. Some may argue that the lack of machinery refutes such claims, but a lack of evidence is not evidence. It is fallacious to deny or ignore what exists by arguing for what does not exist. When we ponder the purpose for creating such precision, we inexorably move beyond the simple reasons espoused by historians and are forced to consider that there was a civilization in prehistory that was far more advanced and vastly different than previously thought. We do not need to look for secret chambers or halls of records to know that this civilization existed. It is crafted into some of the hardiest materials with which they workedigneous rock.

Edited by Immortal4life

The astonishing precision and unimaginably complex construction of the Great Pyramid is the archaeological evidence. I fail to see how slaves and a despot went to all that effort for a kings tomb. As someone who has no knowledge of engineering and struggles to add up, I'm going to throw a big statement out there- we could not build the Great Pyramid today.

The lidless granite box in the interior alone constitutes an anomaly for the school of linear history. How did they drill into granite with such precision? The box is flawless. I agree that its strange that archaeologist have not found much in the way of civic infrastructure but that's assuming that the elder culture was simular to ours. Judging by some depictions of the ruling elite in Egypt with enlarged craniums, they were not.

Ben

Not sure you are saying this Ben, but I just have to point out that the Pyramids were not built by slaves - but skilled Egyptian artisans working in 'gangs' - they inscribed some stones to this effect and also the workers villages have been found. They were groups of artists, scribes and tradesmen - well educated for the day.

There was a civic infrastructure centered round the king and the temple/priests - they even had 'factories' of sorts which manufactured daily items and also food - bread and beer in mass quantities - these existed even in pre-dynastic times (i.e. before Egypt was a unified country).

The architecture of the pyramids demonstrates a historical line of development from 'mastaba' tombs - the step pyramid and so on. But it is still true that there followed a period of decline called the 'First Intermediate Period' and that Egyptian culture never quite reached the heights that it did in the Old kingdom.

In my opinion there is no need to substitute man's natural intelligence or an age old knowledge with ET involvement. In fact it would make their achievements less extraordinary not more to do so.

How about biological civilization? You don't need steel-and-concrete jungle to manipulate DNA.

Apech,

I have to concede you sound way more informed than me and I understand your exasperation about claims of ET involvement in Egypt's past. That's why I enjoy following Andrew. Collins views on the pyramids, he has been quite critical of the tendency in new age circles to revert to UFO theory's in explaining the achievements of the Old Kingdom.

I did state that I was not convinced about ET involvement in the building of the Great Pyramid because I also believe that homo sapiens are smart enough to have built it. Just not the current bunch.

For culture that created such sophisticated buildings (if you can call them that) and could build with stone blocks weighing up to 200 tons, I would of expected more in the way of infrastructure to of been found . You mentioned the mastaba tombs or step pyramids as an example of evolution in building technique but I think it is an error to link those constructions to the Great Pyramid -despite what the orthodoxy says. The construction of the Great Pyramid is too much of an advancement to compare to other smaller tombs. Is it possible that some of those smaller step pyramids were built after the Great Pyramid as a pale imitation ?

As my DIY cosmology allows for the possibility of aliens migrating/travelling from other star systems in our past, and giving that researchers like Christopher Dunn have conclusively proving (IMO) that granite was machined to incredible precision in Egypt, I still can not rule out ET involvement. Can we machine granite like that today? Can some one correct me?

This thread is quite topical for me as I spent today grinding back a concrete floor -shit job. Even with a diamond tip head it still took 9 hours and that's just concrete. I have some experience in the construction industry but I'm mainly involved in furniture making now. While I'm not comparing my modest building achievements to Egypt, I still have some idea about analysing construction. The point I'm making is I'm not off in New Age la, la land. The truth as I see it is that we still don't know where these people came from - the jump in progress is staggering. One minute hunter gathers berry collectors the next precision machining and constructing at levels that still baffle scientists today. Perhaps that's the problem, every thing about the Old Egypt casts a big dark shadow over evolutionary theory - I for one am in awe.

Ben

Hi Ben,

The orthodox dating makes the Step Pyramid of king Djoser (Zoser) the first to be built (the architect was Imhotep) ... the Great Pyramids are placed later and Egyptologists have a theory of architectural development from one to the other. I am not advocating this view but I just base things on the best proof available and what makes sense to me.

Again the Egyptologist's have shown various ways in which the Great Pyramid may have been constructed - including a system of internal ramps - and these ways involve technology known to have been in use at the time (because they have found the tools).

Despite this the main point is that the Great Pyramid outshines anything else built in Egypt (or anywhwere else) for several millenia ... so it is an outstanding achievement ...

I don't know if ET's were involved ... but I personally would discount that unless there was direct evidence because things can be explained in other ways. As I said before ... I think it is even more amazing that they built the GP if there were no aliens ...

Anyway its all fascinating stuff ...

There was a lot of fuss for a long time about how they could move such large blocks of stone around to make the pyramids without advanced cranes, then someone pointed out that if you get a load of mud and water and make a mud slide you can push those heavy blocks of stone quite easily even up a ramp. The perplexing thing though is how they moved the size of stone which they made the Sphynx out of because even today's industrial cranes would have trouble lifting a block that heavy.

Sign in to follow this