Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

How to Prepare Astragalus Powder Extract

Hi everyone. I am ordering some Astragalus.

I've looked online but no real straight foward answers on how to prepare it. The idea popped into my head that I could ask thetaobums, im sure some of you have had plenty of experience with preparing herbs.

Let alone the non medicinal herbs :P Hayoh.

Anyway yeah. How much to take daily, what I would need in order to drink it.

I really have no problem with bitter tasting products. I've tried my whey protein with water, pretty gross, now I use milk. Just an example I don't really mind if it were to taste terrible. Im not really looking for recipies though.

Thanks, Looking foward to your feedback.

It's common for sellers to add starch to powders, and the roots could be of poor quality. I get the raw dried root slices and make tea. You can also chew on the stick like a popsickle stick, suck the juice out, and then spit the wood out.

Roots that are brighter yellow have more of the good stuff and taste nice too. I'm going to go munch on an Astragalus stick, it's been a long time. BRB.

Although frowned on by Chinese society, I think chewing on the sticks is the best way because you get so much more involved with it, giving your energy and attention, savoring the nuances of flavor and wondering about which parts of it taste good and why, and the chewing and saliva manfactured specifically for it'snutrients. Did you know that your saliva glands are smarter than Bushits the Bankrupter?

Although frowned on by Chinese society, I think chewing on the sticks is the best way because you get so much more involved with it, giving your energy and attention, savoring the nuances of flavor and wondering about which parts of it taste good and why, and the chewing and saliva manfactured specifically for it'snutrients. Did you know that your saliva glands are smarter than Bushits the Bankrupter?

Hm sounds pretty awesome. I just thought the powder extract would be pretty easy to put into use. Would'nt need a steel or ceramic pot. Or boil it for awhile.

Which isn't a bad thing really, but I chose the powder over it.

I'll give it a try some time though, the way you describe it reminds me of sugar cane Lol.

Do you know what's mandatory in order to consume the powder extract though?

Hm sounds pretty awesome. I just thought the powder extract would be pretty easy to put into use. Would'nt need a steel or ceramic pot. Or boil it for awhile.

Which isn't a bad thing really, but I chose the powder over it.

I'll give it a try some time though, the way you describe it reminds me of sugar cane Lol.

Do you know what's mandatory in order to consume the powder extract though?

No idea, but I don't think it matters, you could put it in water or capsules.

No idea, but I don't think it matters, you could put it in water or capsules.

I've heard people take it right out the bag. Just figured I'd get some Feedback.

Thanks for the info on the root itself aswell, if this turns out to be watered down I'll try the root sometime.

I've heard people take it right out the bag. Just figured I'd get some Feedback.

Thanks for the info on the root itself aswell, if this turns out to be watered down I'll try the root sometime.

Is that powder made of the root itself or it an alcohol or water extract that was dried.

I'm guessing it might be ground up roots, and if so then if you took as much as a person gets by making a tea of several sticks, or chewing on one stick and spitting the wood out; you would be getting waaay too much fiber, the other side of the coin being that if you took an amount small enough to not bother your intestines then it would be an ineffectually small amount of active ingredients.

So the question becomes, is this powder just ground up roots, or is it concentrated, or is it a dried extract (not likely, a dried juice extract would require an exceedingly small amount and be very expensive).

Also, if a person gets capsules of ground powder it could be a hundred times more expensive than getting a piece of root, and the powder could be oxidised.

It's all in the details.

Could someone please find that Korean Taoist wizard movie for me? I started watching it, it was cool, I didn't know there were movies like that made.

Is that powder made of the root itself or it an alcohol or water extract that was dried.

I'm guessing it might be ground up roots, and if so then if you took as much as a person gets by making a tea of several sticks, or chewing on one stick and spitting the wood out; you would be getting waaay too much fiber, the other side of the coin being that if you took an amount small enough to not bother your intestines then it would be an ineffectually small amount of active ingredients.

So the question becomes, is this powder just ground up roots, or is it concentrated, or is it a dried extract (not likely, a dried juice extract would require an exceedingly small amount and be very expensive).

Also, if a person gets capsules of ground powder it could be a hundred times more expensive than getting a piece of root, and the powder could be oxidised.

It's all in the details.

Could someone please find that Korean Taoist wizard movie for me? I started watching it, it was cool, I didn't know there were movies like that made.

http://hyperionherbs.com/

Astragalus there is the second product.

Hm Taoist Wizard, I downloaded in from pirate bay. I didn't watch it in english though, I still saw plenty of little interesting secrets. But yea if you like watching it in korean I'd say go pirate bay.

They may now have an English version.

http://hyperionherbs.com/

Astragalus there is the second product.

Hm Taoist Wizard, I downloaded in from pirate bay. I didn't watch it in english though, I still saw plenty of little interesting secrets. But yea if you like watching it in korean I'd say go pirate bay.

Hey there,

The astragalus extract there is a 10:1 concentrated extract. This means all you need to do to consume it is:

1. make an instant hot tea by adding 1/2-1 tsp of the powder to 12 oz of hot water and stir. Add honey and nutmilk/cream to your taste.

2. Make an elixir, if you arent familiar w. the concept check out this video here:

FTI: That astragalus extract tastes great as far as herbs go. Mostly sweet and sour and slightly bitter.

Yes someone posted a video of it in another thread recently that has English subtitles. I found it on youtube wiithout subtitles and think it is great, then the thread here. I think some parts are best to watch without subtitles both because subtitles distracts your view and your mind form awareness.

The powder you got looks good and the dose seems reasonable. I recommend chewing your drink, particularly herbal drinks, to get the right saliva for it, and not tossing it down.

Yes someone posted a video of it in another thread recently that has English subtitles. I found it on youtube wiithout subtitles and think it is great, then the thread here. I think some parts are best to watch without subtitles both because subtitles distracts your view and your mind form awareness.

The powder you got looks good and the dose seems reasonable. I recommend chewing your drink, particularly herbal drinks, to get the right saliva for it, and not tossing it down.

Ah yeah I do that with all my drinks, except apple cider.. Way to sweet haha.

but hey thanks for the information starjumper, I don't think I would have remembered to chew it either.. I probably would have thought of it 2oz's to late.

Also yeah seeing the taoist wizard in korean was well worth it. Very cool movie =D. It's funny because even when you don't hear the words you understand how in that moment the leverage they used to do what they did "sometimes".

For me mainly it was the telekinesis part where it was most present.

And thanks again starjumper

Tried the astragalus.

I Chewed it down, boiled some water, let it cool and drank it slowly.

The second gulp I had a huge amount of phlegm drop down to my mouth haha, some blood it in I found out. Kinda nasty I guess.

After about 10 minutes that eased up.. Im feeling better and better every 10 minutes or so.

Pretty Radical ^_^

Edited by NeiChuan

Did you try it again after that?

Yeah. Im drinking a cup right now aswell.

I drank it twice more after, and now this is my 3rd cup in all. (So I've had 4 cups).

2nd cup I felt really really good, like I do after meditation, well similar anyway. 3rd cup I Felt reasonably hot/yang.

I just started this cup so I can't say.

Well if the phlegm (now there's an icky word) and blood thing didn't happen again then I don't see a problem with it, but that was weird. Sounds like it was good for you.

Well if the phlegm (now there's an icky word) and blood thing didn't happen again then I don't see a problem with it, but that was weird. Sounds like it was good for you.

Yeah, I have a bent septum. Well on the inside of my nose (noone can nose thankfulyl =P).

So before I took astragalus one side would always be closed, and I could'nt breathe out through one of the sides.

When I meditated or did horse stance weirdly enough it'd open after about 20 seconds.

Ever since I spit that stuff out though I've been breathing through both nostrils.

A good amount even.. First time in awhile lol

Sign in to follow this