Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Avoiding family obligations, hollidays.

Hey, guys.

Making this topic, because I've found out that during christmas hollidays and nearing new year, the happiness out there is extremely high. For some people this will mean that the contrast between their depression and the outside world is growing larger, and now suddenly all the depressed people come out of their shell to seek help or suicide. This year is no diffrent. Some people have even made suicidal plans for their birthday on januari or something similar. All the extreme emotions out there.

Perhaps someone here would like to discuss this. Feel free to comment.

I have a brother who always got sick at Christmas. Finally, he realized it, and so he stopped joining the family for the holidays. Now, he may or may not get sick at Christmas; I don't know, because he's never there...

I have a brother who always got sick at Christmas. Finally, he realized it, and so he stopped joining the family for the holidays. Now, he may or may not get sick at Christmas; I don't know, because he's never there...

It is not fun to have family over at exactly one day of the holliday, you haven't seen a long time. Any tension between you guys will have to be solved on the day of the party, that is alot of pressure. It feels so relieving not to have to do that, simply joining known friends to celebrate the new year with a free mindset and relaxed. Family should try to get in touch outside hollidays first, then come together on the time of celebration. If it feels like an obligation then people will try and avoid it, because that is the opposite of what celebration should feel like.

Spending time together 3/4 days before the celebration begins always sets a good vibe in my experience. Especially if you only see this family member few weeks a year only.

Edited by Everything

Sign in to follow this