Sign in to follow this  
bamboo

Polyester

Hi all,

Does anyone else get bad reactions from wearing polyester? I don't mean rashes or any skin complaint. I just feel as though it affects my chi circulation if i wear it anywhere near my skin, like a tee shirt or jumper. I seem to be okay with a hoody [with 20% polyester] on top of a couple of cotton layers.

I can't put my finger on it, but there does seem to be something sinister :unsure: about man made fibres.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Edited by bamboo

Hi all,

Does anyone else get bad reactions from wearing polyester? I don't mean rashes or any skin complaint. I just feel as though it affects my chi circulation if i wear it anywhere near my skin, like a tea shirt or jumper. I seem to be okay with a hoody [with 20% polyester] on top of a couple of cotton layers.

I can't put my finger on it, but there does seem to be something sinister :unsure: about man made fibres.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Yeah, I think that there are a lot of people who are negatively effected by polyester (I'm not one of them).

No, I have no idea why.

Yeah, I think that there are a lot of people who are negatively effected by polyester (I'm not one of them).

No, I have no idea why.

Marblehead, do you wear polyester and not experiance any ill effects to you chi circulation?

I thought it might be a universal problem, just that people who do no energy exercises would not be able to detect it.

Edited by bamboo

Marblehead, do you wear polyester and not experiance any ill effects to you chi circulation?

I thought it might be a universal problem, just that people who do no energy exercises would not be able to detect it.

Yes, I do wear cotton/polyester shirts (60/40) regularly. I have experienced no negative effects. However, I do not do energy work, per se, so I can't speak to that.

What you are thinking is a possibility - that man-made fabrics can effect energy flow.

Do you do energy work and have you noticed a difference between natural and man-made fabrics?

Yes, I do wear cotton/polyester shirts (60/40) regularly. I have experienced no negative effects. However, I do not do energy work, per se, so I can't speak to that.

What you are thinking is a possibility - that man-made fabrics can effect energy flow.

Do you do energy work and have you noticed a difference between natural and man-made fabrics?

I thought everyone here was doing one energy practice or another.

Yes i practice qigong and have noticed that i get quite a disturbance to my chi circulation when i wear polyester too near to my skin. It's a little difficult to discribe, it's quite subtle, but still noticeable to me.

I thought everyone here was doing one energy practice or another.

Hehehe. No, there are a few of us wierd ones here who just do things as we are inspired. (Don't ask me how I ever get anything done. Hehehe.)

So should I suggest you wear cotton clothing while you are doing your work? (No, I am sure you have already considered that.) Cotton 'breathes', polyester does not.

cotton or natural fabrics just feel better on the skin. and of course, nothing covering the skin is even better provided it is warm and appropriate

Sign in to follow this