taofish

Jam Jong

Would it be advisable to practice Jam Jong one day then switch to a moving set another day? or I just focus on one or the other? I don't have much knowledge about combining different sets? any help apreciated...

If you're asking this question, then you aren't understanding what you're undertaking. Do some more reading, or better yet, find a teacher. :)

OK,thats what i said and thats why i asked,so you understand but just won't say? There are some moving warmups before TREE STANDING yes. did you not understand my question?

Would it be advisable to practice Jam Jong one day then switch to a moving set another day? or I just focus on one or the other? I don't have much knowledge about combining different sets? any help apreciated...

Do both, but focus more on the standing than the moving. If you're strapped for time do one or the other because something is better than nothing. Hope this helps.

It's really up to you. There is nothing wrong with practicing both standing and moving forms on the same day. If you are short on time you can practice just one or the other.

I've asked the same question, tried variations, and came to one conclusion (which I still can't decide on the terms that make up this concept/principle): a holistic approach is necessary, and the only way one can achieve this is to separate various disciplines in time, and keeping them interconnected so they build on themselves and each other. This is done by identifying core elements of each practice (meditation, devotion, stretching, strengthening, cardio, trance, breath, Qi/prana, yi, etc.) and arranging them for maximum temporal proximity. With mental 'flexibility' it should be possible to achieve any variations of one's choosing, including personal retreats focusing only on one element or even a select few repeatedly for a while before returning to connect it back to the whole. To your question specifically, zhan zhuang shares the standing element with certain other styles of qigong, and even taijiquan, which means some overlap already exists, making it easy to balance or shift between zhan zhuang and these other practices. I have tried mixing zhan zhuang with my chi kung set and found it too straining (due to exaggerated overlap). A simple case of listening to the body and adjusting the style while managing it all in time.

Guest sykkelpump

Falun gong is a good example where you combine zhan zhuang and movements.And Falun gong is a VERY effective qi gong method, no matter what people tell about it as a cult etc.The exercises are the best qi gong method I have tried among MANY systems.But like I said before meditation supercharge any qi gong system

Do whatever your inner self is telling you to do. It could be standing followed by moving or either of the two. What matters is how long you keep practising, make it a habit, like brushing your teeth and without pushing yourself.