j.fachao

longevity of Tibetan masters

I can contribute a little on this subject. My chi kung teacher isn't Tibetan, more like from around Canton, now he lives in my city and he's 97 and in excellent condition and has huge power, but he's one in a million ... more like one in a billion. :) so they are out there and there is hope.

First avoid all toxiins =) Physical, emotional, mental.

Hi TheSongsofDistantEarth,

Yes, I know that. :) It is just that it all began because starting this thread, I gave birth to a new field/space and topic where a battle could and did take place. So, I feel some responsability: since I opened it, I can also suggest that people walk away from it if contributor's intentions are not good :mellow:, and it only has the power of a suggestion.

But,I have no problem with going on with it if it turns out to be a more constructive space.

JFChao, you can't close your own thread, you can only walk away from it. :)

Hi TheSongsofDistantEarth,

Yes, I know that. :) It is just that it all began because starting this thread, I gave birth to a new field/space and topic where a battle could and did take place. So, I feel some responsability: since I opened it, I can also suggest that people walk away from it if contributor's intentions are not good :mellow:, and it only has the power of a suggestion.

But,I have no problem with going on with it if it turns out to be a more constructive space.

That type of stuff can happen in any and all threads, it's not the thread starters fault, usually.

I recommend that all us good people on here start using the ignore function.

I know that curiosity gets the best of us and we want to see what the latest insult is in order to defend ourselves. Just let itgo,they allways just say the same thing over and over in a hundred different ways.

IGNORE them. It works, I just tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and Ilike it.

• Like 1

Hi Starjumper7,

I am glad that you have found a good teacher and a good system. If conditions are met in several decades (taobum forum still exists, you and me and others still around) feel free to post ! :) Living testimonials are not so numerous. I wish you a long and meaningful life!

I usually don't post a lot.Yes, we should all think twice (or preferably more) before pushing the wrong button (reply) for the wrong reason.

Have a happy new year!

Fachao

That type of stuff can happen in any and all threads, it's not the thread starters fault, usually.

I recommend that all us good people on here start using the ignore function.

I know that curiosity gets the best of us and we want to see what the latest insult is in order to defend ourselves. Just let itgo,they allways just say the same thing over and over in a hundred different ways.

IGNORE them. It works, I just tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and Ilike it.

Vajrahridaya is on a such high level that we can not understand.but where is his universial love and enlightenment.Is it between his words?maybe.I just cant see it.His wisdom is standing between maybe.excuse me:LOL

What do you think Cat?

You seems to be impressed about his complicated talking.Why?? beacause his copy paste work??*****************,dont understand the essence,but just finds it charming when people say things in a complicated way(not easy or intelligent) they usually cant break it down in an easy way.usually it is because they dont know or understand themself.because of no experience they just reference to books and old masters etc.I know my latest post is about the same,WAKE up tao bums dont belive everything.I am a hater?NO.but what is spreading lies.

Is this how you express your compassion and good will to all men/women? :lol:

• Like 1

Rigpa by its very definition has no rules and he has a need to impose rules.

You should study more ralis.

There are no rules, but there are primary and secondary conditions surrounding it's possibility in a person.

Norbu says this all the time.

p.s. There are also various experiential signs pointing to it's actual experience and Norbu has said that plenty of people mistake a jhana state for the experience of Rigpa.

By the way you talk and your lack of understanding my posts, it seems to me that you are one of these people that need to study more and go back for more transmission to be sure you didn't just experience a blissful jhana state?

This is merely my assumption, and it's up to you to realize if it's true or not.

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 1

Vajrahridaya is on a such high level that we can not understand. but where is his universial love and enlightenment.Is it between his words?maybe.I just cant see it. I'm sorry if this makes you feel inadequate.I'm not sure your questioning my response to V can help you, But I will certainly answer your queries.His wisdom is standing between maybe.excuse me:LOL

What do you think Cat?

You seems to be impressed about his complicated talking. Well, no, you have it somewhat skewed, which is quite natural as we dont know one another at all. Let me explain. I am not impressed by V's 'way of talking', I guess that comes from my having spent so long at University doing various degrees and then teaching there. I am not so much 'impressed' when people are articulate, as 'relieved' I find it arduous to read inarticulate posts,is more my reality..Why?? beacause his copy paste work??****** **** **** ****, I dont detect C&P in his writing, and my private messaging with V indicated to me immense speed and fluency on his part which would suggest to me has no need of such devices unless for good reason like being pressed for time or bored at having to explain things with which he is very familiar,dont understand the essence, Dzogchen and Nyingma doctrines are of interest to me and V's approach has been educational to me, as it has to quite a number of posters here also who are but just finds it charming I do find V charming, yes. Other posters may or may not be charmed by him also, I'm not sure, and actually it isnt my business whether they are charmed or not, really, is it?!when people say things in a complicated way I dont find V complicated(not easy I find reading V easy, as I have explained or intelligent) they usually cant break it down in an easy way.usually it is because they dont know or understand themself.because of no experience they just reference to books and old masters etc.I know my latest post is about the same,WAKE up tao bums dont belive everything. Not to worry, taobums are a sceptical lot on the whole, I think you'll find we are known for it.I am a hater?NO.but what is spreading lies.

**** Mod Action ****

Please refrain from personal insult - see Mod Guidelines.

**** Mod Apech *****

Hi Syk.

I just became aware of your post, thankyou for asking me my opinion. I dont actually read all the threads here, so feel free to pm me if you wish to invite me to a discussion in future and I wont be so late in my arrival.

There are a number of posters here who appreciate V's posts, de_paradise and joeblast are two that immediately come to mind. Neither of them strike me even remotely as men who are "impressed" by articulacy. If you read their posts you will see how very intelligent and articulate they both are. There are of course other friends of V here too.

I'm sure if you wish to ask them to help you understand why they are able to appreciate V, they will share their responses, also.

Sometimes I notice posters here appearing to enjoy another poster that I may find pedestrian or just plain overcooked and chewy.. everybody appreciates whatever they are ready for at any given time.

I personally find it not quite good taste to discuss a poster as if they werent here, on a public board, so I must apologise to V - if you read this< V! :huh:

Anyway, Syk, that's me done. There's no point in me writing about how refreshing I find V's hard line attitude to the Ultimate.. it's here on the board for all to see.

Good Luck, and apologies for my late response.

Try this on for size. Cat is pretty wise and aware, so for you to say mean things to her indicates your blindness. Also, when you say mean things to people I like then I don't like you, weird, huh?

Relax the tightness in your own mind first. DUH!

Hey, Thankyou, Friend. I appreciate.

His writing is way beyond my comprehension. Cut and paste? Interesting assessment.

Really, Ralis? You dont understand V's posts?

I am dumbfounded in that case as to why you persist in reading them and arguing with them!

I can only hope that it is fun for you and furthers your clarity somehow.

• Like 1

Really, Ralis? You dont understand V's posts?

I am dumbfounded in that case as to why you persist in reading them and arguing with them!

I can only hope that it is fun for you and furthers your clarity somehow.

I was being facetious.

I was being facetious.

Ah good. So you dont find V's writing complicated either. Fine.

Anyhow, I hope that the regular interchange you have with V is working out well for you. I see you frequently in what looks like combat mode with his posts, and I wonder if you would share with us what is the positive side of the dialogue for you. I assume there is a pay off in it for you to be so persistent.

Ah good. So you dont find V's writing complicated either. Fine.

Anyhow, I hope that the regular interchange you have with V is working out well for you. I see you frequently in what looks like combat mode with his posts, and I wonder if you would share with us what is the positive side of the dialogue for you. I assume there is a pay off in it for you to be so persistent.

Actually, I find his writing style trite and redundant. Further, his incessant preaching and divisiveness are techniques used by purveyors of propaganda.

Actually, I find his writing style trite and redundant. Further, his incessant preaching and divisiveness are techniques used by purveyors of propaganda.

Yes, I think I get the idea of your perception of him, thanks. As I see it, V gets questioned or challenged a good deal on essentially the same issues, and then he is in a position of regular reiteration. Amazing stamina you guys have, for the ongoing confrontation.

I was hoping you might share what the benefits of your regular interactions with him have been for you. The accusations and repudiations appear to me at least to be quite repetetive between the two of you, and to me, a casual observer, it all seems pretty circular.. possibly heading toward the turgid. And yet it continues. So I hope there is some profit in there somewhere.. some increased clarity or renewed vigour for practise.. or if not, then .. well, I'd be interested to know what the benefit of the horn locking has been , and if you envision a never ending cycle of conflict, or an eventual "drop it" treaty..

• Like 2

I feel the same way so I avoid his posts, however, I noticed he has improved some. Please consider the following sentiment found somewhere in the TTC: "whoever wishes to take up the job of master carpenter (grim reaper) cannot help but cut his own hand." I've been where you are and still am sometimes, it's hard to resist, but when we do it too much we hurt ourselves, you just have to laugh and remember most people are idiots.

If you put down the axe someone else will surely take it up.

Edited by Starjumper7

Yes, I think I get the idea of your perception of him, thanks. As I see it, V gets questioned or challenged a good deal on essentially the same issues, and then he is in a position of regular reiteration. Amazing stamina you guys have, for the ongoing confrontation.

I was hoping you might share what the benefits of your regular interactions with him have been for you. The accusations and repudiations appear to me at least to be quite repetetive between the two of you, and to me, a casual observer, it all seems pretty circular.. possibly heading toward the turgid. And yet it continues. So I hope there is some profit in there somewhere.. some increased clarity or renewed vigour for practise.. or if not, then .. well, I'd be interested to know what the benefit of the horn locking has been , and if you envision a never ending cycle of conflict, or an eventual "drop it" treaty..

Thank you for the clear observation. V feels it is his duty to respond to everyone and Ralis has a huge axe to grind as the crusader who's come here to protect the bums from the evil Buddhist. So, it's a rather cyclical thing happening for the last year, maybe more, and nobody has benefited from it let alone them. I think in some strange way, they both think they're helping each other (V more so), but really I think they're doing the complete opposite.