Sign in to follow this  
bamboo

Yin Jing Tonics

Hi all,

I have just started taking a few yin jing herbs - shu di huang, he shou wu and huang jing. They are cooked powdered preperations, i got from my Chinese doctor.

I am totally new to Chinese herbs and I was just wondering whether yin jing tonics cool the body down? We're having a bitter cold winter here in the UK, and i don't really want to be dropping degrees.

Thanx

Hi all,

I have just started taking a few yin jing herbs - shu di huang, he shou wu and huang jing. They are cooked powdered preperations, i got from my Chinese doctor.

I am totally new to Chinese herbs and I was just wondering whether yin jing tonics cool the body down? We're having a bitter cold winter here in the UK, and i don't really want to be dropping degrees.

Thanx

I know a few of them from Ayurveda and they're all cooling by nature. Maybe take heating herbs like dry ginger to counteract?

I am taking cordyceps - mildly yang jing tonic - as well. But i didn't want to become too yang, so i thought i should balance this out with some yin jing tonics.

Maybe i will just stick with the goji berries [yin jing tonic] and the cordyceps until the big freeze passes.

Rehmannia is also suppose to be a good yin tonic......I need yin as well , too much yang , has caused an emotional imbalance , also bad for the kidneys, i love all this healing stuff but i cant ever seem to kerep ther motivation to keep it going, ANY LADIES OUT THERE!!!!!!! ha

howdy, looks like what u r taking u should be ok..can i ask where you got your cordyceps?

but i know many folks who in the winter take more yang stuff and in the summer the yin. but everyone is different and different reasons for taking. so there really are no absolutes

Sign in to follow this