Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Royce or Hughes

Who do you think wins tomorrow night. I think if Royce taps out Hughes I will have to go back on my word and do BJJ instead of Aikido.

Kidding...not really though...

Who do you think wins tomorrow night. I think if Royce taps out Hughes I will have to go back on my word and do BJJ instead of Aikido.

Kidding...not really though...

Huges. Or Royce. :)

I like them both.

Ok, Royce, just because you said Huges, hehe. Did you say Huges, btw?

I don't recall saying Hughes..but if I was betting I would bet Hughes..his only weakness before was getting caught in submissions and he worked on that alot. Rocyce us still a Gracie and can submit anyone any day of the week but Matt's stregth and athleticism may too much.

Remember Royce only one those early UFC's because no one knew Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Now all the top fighters know JJ.

Cam

I really like both fighters. I've seen a lot more fights of Hughes though and he seems like a good guy so I think I can't help root for him. And I also have a feeling he will win. He is a mutant and a just an all around great fighter.

Sean

Yeah. The thing with this fight is they are both such nice and humble people. Gracie has a lineage of great fighters and we should never underestimate the power of a lineage. Matt has a skill, dedication and one-pointedness like no other fighter. I still say Gracie just because of a lineage and I feel like choosing one. ;)

No dinner but, I think Hughes will win, but hope for Gracie. To some extent BJJ's are one trick ponies, its a very good trick, but it can be defended against by an skilled and knowledgable opponents. By the end of there reign, Gracie battles were lasting 10 minutes plus. With modern rules, they'd be separated and get back to stand up where Hughes would have the advantage.

But Gracie is much older, lighter and an underdog, I admire his dedication and lineage, I admire him for wearing a gi. One mistake and you're gone with a man like him.

Michael

Not to beat a dead horse, but remember Cam, BJJ's strength can also be its greatest weakness. Against a single opponent its damn near magic. Against 2, its unusally weak, because you turn your back and lock up your limbs and attention against a single opponent.

Edited by thelerner

Agreed. Aikido is far superior for multiple attackers. Actually, I would seriously doubt ever using BJJ in a street fight and am sure I would use either strikes or what I learned in Aikido.

Ok..I'll go with Hughes..whoever loses buys dinner in NYC, deal?

Cool. Go Gracie!!!!! :o

No, chinese take out. Who won?

Edit: Or better ask: how huges won if he did?

Edited by Smile

Details man, details.

Michael

I wonder when it will be reshown on TV? or evideo

Details man, details.

Michael

I wonder when it will be reshown on TV? or evideo

Wow, thanks Cam.

Matt is trully a champion and I'm glad someone as nice as he can be a positive role model for all the kids.

Yes, I am sure many people will eat those Xycience bars(or pills) when they don't have time for there proper country breakfasts.

Atleast he's not as bad as Shamrocks coach who says it's all about eating your steak and chicken.

Cam

I have to congratulate Royce. Once again stepping into the ring w/ someone 10, 20 years younger, 15, 25 pounds heavier. He showed grace under pressure. With his arm twisted way beyond a conventional arm bar, his face was composed, his body relaxed.

The truth may well be that no one in his own age and weight class could beat him or outclass him.

Michael

Actually Matt is only 7 years younger and the weighed in at about the same weight(175).

But I get your point.

Hughes was too strong and fast. You can have all the technique in the world not going to help you against a Lion.

Edited by Cameron

Cam, can you post the other link with the post-UFC interview with Matt?

He was talking about the elbow cracking and the judge seemed to hear it too.

Sign in to follow this