TheJourney

I think I just experienced enlightenment

Now its the simple things in life which reflect my unhidden inner treasure.

Unbidden are loves spontaneous surges that well up from inside

when I glance at the luminous moon high above in the twinkling night sky.

Or the sweet playfull laugh of a child in his mothers' arms,

this laugh that's without reason but with rhyme,

on time with the pulse and rhythm of life's eternal throb.

Or when watching the suns light falling through a collage of colorful leaves in autumn

during a walk in mentally stilled silence, the boundless joy can be staggering.

This joy that is free and based on the nature of existence

and not this coming and going merry go round of life's myriad shapes and sizes.

Its this inner serenity that I take flight in when unasked for beauty touches my senses,

and since there is no grasping for or task towards,

all that I experience is pure love in essence on display in glorious manifestation.

And this is the pulse that I dance to as I skip to each moments passing.

by-

JRM. (vajrahridaya)

It sounds to me from that poem of yours Vaj that you experienced Daoist perfection! I'm not sure if that's the 'right view' for me to take though! :P:lol: :lol:

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

It sounds to me from that poem of yours Vaj that you experienced Daoist perfection! I'm not sure if that's the 'right view' for me to take though! :P:lol: :lol:

:lol:

:P

Enlightenment just means that we've come to develop a greater understanding of something. If you feel like you've been enlightened, you probably have, just keep in mind that there is a difference between being enlightened and being a Sage or becoming aware of the mystery of Tao. The Tao Teh Ching tells us that,

"He who knows, does not speak.

He who speaks, does not know."

There are numerous warnings about people who profess to tell the "truth" (or lack thereof). For instance it gives us a good measure by which to decide whether one is a Sage (has reached full enlightenment) or is merely a confused soul, the first is that no one can argue with him. The second is that he puts others before himself, the third is that he does not compete with others, the fourth is that he has an actual awareness of Tao and understands that explaining Tao is like explaining the color red to a blind person. You can describe it, but really the only thing they'll understand is that there is something that is red and that it can be found in things.

Aaron

Enlightenment just means that we've come to develop a greater understanding of something. If you feel like you've been enlightened, you probably have, just keep in mind that there is a difference between being enlightened and being a Sage or becoming aware of the mystery of Tao. The Tao Teh Ching tells us that,

"He who knows, does not speak.

He who speaks, does not know."

There are numerous warnings about people who profess to tell the "truth" (or lack thereof). For instance it gives us a good measure by which to decide whether one is a Sage (has reached full enlightenment) or is merely a confused soul, the first is that no one can argue with him. The second is that he puts others before himself, the third is that he does not compete with others, the fourth is that he has an actual awareness of Tao and understands that explaining Tao is like explaining the color red to a blind person. You can describe it, but really the only thing they'll understand is that there is something that is red and that it can be found in things.

Aaron

Right. Nothing I say is ultimately truth. I am just doing my best to inspire you to see what I see.

Right. Nothing I say is ultimately truth. I am just doing my best to inspire you to see what I see.

Reading your posts you seem so sure of yourself. So confident without any consideration that you may have not experienced enlightenment. That is great. For as long as you can keep that sureness in your mind and have no doubts you are doing quiet well. I think you don't need to answer all the naysayers and you don't need to help others either, just being quietly happy to yourself i think will serve you well. Surely in expressing your englightenment to others and others questioning it will finally cast some doubt in your mind even if it is not warranted.

I could guess at how you feel and would suggest you try to keep the idea of this feeling in your memory and try to live with this internal feelings as long as possible. Don't reach out to help others, don't reach out for further proof etc, just be peaceful in the moment and enjoy it, for it seems to me you are very sure and theres nobody else to prove it to other than yourself. After you can keep the same feeling going for a couple of months then if you still want you can try to help others, you have a lifetime to!

At the beginning the balance in keeping your state of mind is fragile. After some time it will become more resiliant. :)

Inspire yourself! ;)

The revelation you describe is beautiful; it's the emptying of a cup. Now stay empty, and don't label yourself anything! Once you "are enlightened", then you are not, because it is not someplace to arrive at, it's just a path. Arrive, and you go backwards, towards knowing! Continue to surrender "truth", however, and you stay on the path.

Absence of truth is not just a revelation; it's a continual mental lifestyle. It's the surrender of being right, all the time. Including regarding the question of whether you've "made it" or not.

So yes, congratulations, but beware the trap that is built into the epiphany. Remember, if the phrase is "I am (adjective)", then chances are, it's an ego trap.

It doesn't matter though. If falling into the trap is what I want to do, then it's what I should do. I can do whatever I want now. I'm free!

If time is eternal, then the only logical conclusion is that we will all attain enlightenment. If you don't see that than you don't understand eternity. So what, we're all gonna be enlightened and then existence will just cease? There will be no such thing as an ego? Does that sound fun to you? Just droning through life, not caring about anything. If that does sound fun to you, more power to you. Enlightenment only has the meaning which you give it. For me, I enjoy life too much to give up the ego. I must learn to simply use the ego as I desire. None of the ego's thoughts are real. None of its desires are real. But yet I will still follow some of them. Why? Because I want to. I can create my own reality. It can be whatever I want. We all have this power. We just have to see it. Thinking that you have to fade away into losing the ego entirely is delusional. Then again all things are delusional. I'm here because I want to be. I suggest you go where you want to go as well.

Also there is an important question to ask. What is this "reality" that we desire so much? Is it various times and places? Or is it a moment? If it's various times and places then what i'm telling you is the highest truth there is. If it is a moment than i'm simply telling you about a moment i'm experiencing. It's the highest moment that has been reached at this point in time. Who knows whether i'm the only one or not. It doesn't matter anyway.

It finally makes sense. There are no holes. It has to be true.(of course there could be details i'm missing, as this is new, but the general idea) The funny thing about it is, as I will say, even though most of you are closer to finding the truth, most of you will probably reject this.

Basically all that exists is chaos. It's life. It's all that exists. Chaos is made up of different subjective truths. Perhaps there are infinite subjective truths. Anyways, people start thinking about the truth. Some more than others. You may think you don't know the truth. That is basically the truth, but you don't understand that yet. The seekers are desperate for the truth. Because they believe there is a truth, they are farther from the truth, but they are on their way unlike those who don't care. As you grow spiritually, you continue to think that you have found the truth. The more convinced you are that you have found the truth, the farther you are from the truth. Even if you're closer to finally finding the ultimate truth than those who are unknowingly "closer" than you are. We're all looking for enlightenment. What is enlightenment? Understanding that there is no truth. The buddha said his teachings were a raft to get across the river. Once you cross, there is no need for the raft. Truly buddha was the greatest spiritual teacher that I can think of, but he didn't teach the truth. He tried to get us to the truth, which, as I said, is that there is no truth.

I'm so happy. Or content. Or whatever. Now I just have to understand that I can't just tell people and expect them to understand. Some of you may say i'm stuck in my truth. Whatever.

What you had was a creative moment. Your hormones, whatever chemicals in your body, they all contributed to this happiness and creative moment. This kind of enlightment will be lost right few days after the moment. Infact, if you're enlightment it would make more sense to be tranquil, rather then happy.

THIS IS NOT ENLIGHTENMENT. I don't even believe enlightenment exists, atleast not the kind you guys think exists.

• Like 1

The term enlightenment means something different to everyone. There are 10,000 different interpretations and definitions of what it is. For me at least my idea of enlightenment is a person who has transcended this world. The day I can walk through a solid wall, and leave this place at will is the day I will consider myself enlightened.

At first I wanted to say not to steal his thunder, and not to ruin it for him in case he is really enlightened.

Then I realized that if he was, he wouldn't give a damn what anyone thinks, especially the faceless masses of the internet.

The idea of being free reminds me of something; it was only a few days ago that I really felt what it was like to give up being a creature of habit and memory, if only for a little while. It was... I'm not really sure how to describe it, but I've been able to go back into that state.

I guess novel might be a good word for it, though obvious, if only because I was experiencing sensation without any grasping for certain senses and without caring how I must look, even to no one but myself (who judges me more than any other :P)

I wonder if it's helpful, or whether I'm just kidding myself. The idea of 'it doesn't matter too much; just be with it because you want to, not to reach a goal' is great, but I feel it has become something of a mind mantra to me, full of habit and lacking the wisdom it held at an earlier date.

Earlier I mentioned disliking words. I don't really dislike them, but they have become a way that my mind organizes and confines. It's annoying to have this understanding of life through words, while knowing how arbitrary they are between the minds of all individuals. I can say something or write something, or hear or read something, and my understanding is fundamentally different.

The only words that seem to come around this is often lyrics, for you can listen to the WAY an artist sings without ever hearing the words, yet reach what they mean to convey so much more meaningfully.

Sorry for more rambling, but that also reminds me of fiveelementaltao's thread about Runes...

Well, ultimately you can only affect me if I let you. I am free, and as long as I am free you only have the power that I give you insomuch as my reality is concerned. So yes, I would love all of you to believe i'm enlightened and count me as someone you desire to learn from. But that is my ego. I know it is my ego. The ego is real. However, I now control my ego, my ego doesn't control me. I pursue what I desire, understanding that it doesn't matter and however it is is perfect.

It doesn't matter though. If falling into the trap is what I want to do, then it's what I should do. I can do whatever I want now. I'm free!

Hmm...how does someone know they are free? Something you decide with your mind? Then is it the mind that decides weather you are trapped or free? If it were not for your mind you would just be you, there would be no trapped and there would be no free...just you.

Like when I go for my run this morning, I am just me, a guy running. Of course my mind works to keep me from running into things, but in the end it's just me...a guy running.

When you throw the idea of freedom out there you imply the idea of trapped. What can you be free from if you were never trapped? Or maybe you trapped yourself and now you have decided to free yourself?

I'm sure we can all agree, that would be a wonderful thing :)

• Like 1

Hmm...how does someone know they are free? Something you decide with your mind? Then is it the mind that decides weather you are trapped or free? If it were not for your mind you would just be you, there would be no trapped and there would be no free...just you.

Like when I go for my run this morning, I am just me, a guy running. Of course my mind works to keep me from running into things, but in the end it's just me...a guy running.

When you throw the idea of freedom out there you imply the idea of trapped. What can you be free from if you were never trapped? Or maybe you trapped yourself and now you have decided to free yourself?

I'm sure we can all agree, that would be a wonderful thing :)

I made a post in another thread that best answers your questions. Liberation, or freedom, is all that exists. Therefore there is no liberation, for there is nothing to be liberated from.

Yes I agree. :)

I am not looking for answers, I am just asking questions. :P

Well you're asking good questions. That's how you learn!

Edited by TheJourney

Is your freedom free also?

In any case as long as you feel well,it is good to hear. ;):)

Is your freedom free also?

In any case as long as you feel well,it is good to hear. ;):)

Freedom couldn't possibly be free. "free" is a concept, and cannot possibly apply to freedom, which is free from concepts.

perhaps the reason we all think we have the truth is that, because it's always changing, there simply is what is, no person, and we are each just experiencing part of what is. I am this truth. There is no "me" and no "truth", just experiencing what is.

Edited by TheJourney

perhaps the reason we all think we have the truth is that, because it's always changing, there simply is what is, no person, and we are each just experiencing part of what is. I am this truth. There is no "me" and no "truth", just experiencing what is.

Oh my goodness!!! You are getting way to Buddhist for me in that post. There really is a 'you', and don't you ever forget it. No, 'you' are not permanent. But that doesn't make you any less real. And that's the truth and I'm sticking with it. Hehehe.

and this is why people have morality, because we dont want to kill each other, steal from one another, etc, when we experience this. morality comes from the experience of being this, together.

and this is why people have morality, because we dont want to kill each other, steal from one another, etc, when we experience this. morality comes from the experience of being this, together.

Exactly. Living isn't simply living in some universe. Living is learning about yourself. Ultimately you find out that "yourself" is simply all that exists.