Sign in to follow this  
3bob

perfect records and text are not really enough

There is lots of talk about the importance of records, history, etc., which are often used to imply that without same a true understanding related to certain spiritual teachings or truths are not possible... (or that such are false without hard facts to back them up, so to speak)

Well, imo such factual matters have a place - but no matter how good the records, history or hard facts are, there is also the key importance of having the eye to see and the ear to hear that which can not really be caught in words or measureable with 3d facts since even the best of words, thoughts and things have limits. (and if one is happy with such parameters then no one should try to force something otherwise upon them, nor they like-wise)

Om

Edited by 3bob

No arguement with what you said.

I, however, do believe it is important to understand history so that we understand where we were, how we got to where we are, so that if we do not like the current direction (flow) we can take action to change directions.

And true, we can read all we want but it is important to somehow incorporate what we read into how we feel about what we have read and how it might apply to our life.

No arguement with what you said.

I, however, do believe it is important to understand history so that we understand where we were, how we got to where we are, so that if we do not like the current direction (flow) we can take action to change directions.

And true, we can read all we want but it is important to somehow incorporate what we read into how we feel about what we have read and how it might apply to our life.

Thanks for the balanced feedback MH, we can count on you in that important way

:)B)

I had a radom association with this string a moment ago... namely about how an old buddy of mine was always talking about finding just-the-right-girl someday... and I well remember (with some envy at that time) the large number of fine women he dated and or at times got more serious with but as far as I know he never found that just- the-right-girl because he also never found just-the-right-guy in himself.

Om

... but as far as I know he never found that just- the-right-girl because he also never found just-the-right-guy in himself.

Om

That will do it every time.

Perhaps focusing on the facts and getting caught up in "objective" truths is what they feel is best for them at this point in time. Therefore, they make that reality, which is perfect because it is what they desired. That is ok for them. They are experiencing perfection, whether they realize it or not. Now you find what it is that will make you happy. Find your own perfection.

Sign in to follow this