bodyoflight

Mao Shan Daoist Magic Masters in Taiwan

Guys, I am settling down in Taiwan permanently..

The way I look at it is that.. many Chinese masters fled to Taiwan cos of the persecutions over the last century or so..

it is not only the cultural revolution.. it is Jap's invasion of China as well which must have undoubtedly lead to the flight of taoist/buddhism masters and materials to Taiwan...

Does anyone here know where I can find Daoist Magic Masters in Taiwan? I have read some threads about some celestial master called Zhang of the Zheng Yi sect who fled to Taiwan in the last century...

Anyone giving me some directions in here.. i would pray for him or her..

Edited by bodyoflight

Careful, some Mao Shan have close ties with the underworld, and they use it to fleece the public. My Shan has Tong ties too ... for training their top bodyguards.

Guys, I am settling down in Taiwan permanently..

The way I look at it is that.. many Chinese masters fled to Taiwan cos of the persecutions over the last century or so..

it is not only the cultural revolution.. it is Jap's invasion of China as well which must have undoubtedly lead to the flight of taoist/buddhism masters and materials to Taiwan...

Does anyone here know where I can find Daoist Magic Masters in Taiwan? I have read some threads about some celestial master called Zhang of the Zheng Yi sect who fled to Taiwan in the last century...

Anyone giving me some directions in here.. i would pray for him or her..

Hi

I dont have contacts for you I am afraid I came out here looking for the same thing but on the whole in my experience so far and opinion there is very little still available here and of that which is avaialble it requires good Chinese Language and comes with the traditional baggage which often requires jumping through hoops to get very simple practices.

A good place to start for the Taoist practices is through the many Internal Arts practitioners that you will find in all the parks around Taiwan practising in the early morning. Get to know people ask questions and see if you can find any one who 'can' show you and 'is' willing to show you something other than basic qigong.

By the way the often told story of 'many master fled to Taiwan' should probably be changed to 'some of the masters fled to Taiwan. Its true there are some great teachers here but from also very briefly visiting Beijing and Chendu in my opinion I would say because of the size of China its still retains a lot of good teachers in all the parks as well of course as lots more average and bad teachers.

Good luck on your journey, maybe also try rumsoakedfist.org there are many people on that board that live in Taiwan. Also be carful, be clear on what you want and don't kiss your brains goodbye just because some one is saying they can provide all you seek. Test everything and ask questions.

All the best

Simon

PS Please dont pray for me, pray for yourself on your own journey.

Edited by SimoninTaiwan
  • Like 1

If you are ready, you'll come across your teacher regardless where you are, in southern Argentina, Romania, Mongolia or Malaysia. There are Daoists anywhere and in any astral plane (and I can assure you that the last part is 100% true). Good luck in your journey. :)

About Taiwan go and see He Jinghan in Taipei. Send me a PM if you are genuinely interested in learning Bagua, the key to open you up to the Dao and yourself as part of it.

Edited by Gerard

If you are ready, you'll come across your teacher regardless where you are, in southern Argentina, Romania, Mongolia or Malaysia. There are Daoists anywhere and in any astral plane (and I can assure you that the last part is 100% true). Good luck in your journey. :)

About Taiwan go and see He Jinghan in Taipei. Send me a PM if you are genuinely interested in learning Bagua, the key to open you up to the Dao and yourself as part of it.

If real deep Bagua is your goal then I second Gerards recommendation. Master He is a real gentleman.

Hello Gerald, my spiritual and astral senses are totally blocked which is why i am specifically seeking daoist masters who can open up my spiritual senses. The buddhist practices only open up your heart and do not allow communication with the higher beings.

When you talk about bagua are you referring to bagua the fortune telling? I am not really interested in fortune telling btw..

Gerald, May the Universe and Dao give you unlimited blessings...

Edited by bodyoflight

Hi

I dont have contacts for you I am afraid I came out here looking for the same thing but on the whole in my experience so far and opinion there is very little still available here and of that which is avaialble it requires good Chinese Language and comes with the traditional baggage which often requires jumping through hoops to get very simple practices.

A good place to start for the Taoist practices is through the many Internal Arts practitioners that you will find in all the parks around Taiwan practising in the early morning. Get to know people ask questions and see if you can find any one who 'can' show you and 'is' willing to show you something other than basic qigong.

By the way the often told story of 'many master fled to Taiwan' should probably be changed to 'some of the masters fled to Taiwan. Its true there are some great teachers here but from also very briefly visiting Beijing and Chendu in my opinion I would say because of the size of China its still retains a lot of good teachers in all the parks as well of course as lots more average and bad teachers.

Good luck on your journey, maybe also try rumsoakedfist.org there are many people on that board that live in Taiwan. Also be carful, be clear on what you want and don't kiss your brains goodbye just because some one is saying they can provide all you seek. Test everything and ask questions.

All the best

Simon

PS Please dont pray for me, pray for yourself on your own journey..

Hello Simon, I am specifically looking for Daoist masters who can train me in lucid dreaming, astral travel and opening up my thrid eye/spiritual senses so that I can communicate with the higher beings..

Any hints?

Simon, May the Universe and Dao give you unlimited blessings...

Edited by bodyoflight

I am looking for Daoist masters who can train me in lucid dreaming, astral travel and opening up my third eye/spiritual senses so that I can communicate with the higher beings..

Any hints?

I can do the third eye/spiritual senses thing for you and the astral/lucid stuff sort of follows that automatically, depending on which way you prefer to take it. I'm not a master though, I know that because I know several REAL masters, however I think I'm a wee bit ahead of some who like to use that title.

Keep in mind that of the sages who escaped China most didn't stop in Taiwan.

Are you moving to Taiwan still?

Edited by Starjumper7

I don't know how far you are along in your process of moving, but....

Are you moving to Taiwan BECAUSE you want to meet a master, or are you moving to Taiwan and you figure it'd be a good chance to meet someone?

Because there are a lot of really skilled people on this forum, and a lot of exercises which can get you quite far along in your development which you can find well enough on your own without having to up and move to Taiwan.

Hello Gerald, my spiritual and astral senses are totally blocked which is why i am specifically seeking daoist masters who can open up my spiritual senses. The buddhist practices only open up your heart and do not allow communication with the higher beings.

Honestly, you will have a better chance of finding what you are after in mainland China. I can assure you that but still you need to speak fluent mandarin and being spiritually realised. I don't know you so please don't get me wrong. Mandarin no matter to which Chinese community you go to.

When you talk about bagua are you referring to bagua the fortune telling? I am not really interested in fortune telling btw..

I was referring to Baguazhang. Fortune telling is only an aspect of Bagua. There is way much more to the eight symbols. Anyway you don't need to speak Chinese to communicate with HJH, as he is fluent in English.

All the best to you too.

Hello Simon, I am specifically looking for Daoist masters who can train me in lucid dreaming, astral travel and opening up my thrid eye/spiritual senses so that I can communicate with the higher beings..

Any hints?

Simon, May the Universe and Dao give you unlimited blessings...

Hi

If you looking for those things specifically then it might be a long search. Usually and again all this is only in my limited experience methods and abilities such as you mention will come as either by products or as specific practices only after certain pre requisites have been met in terms of emotional stability and maturity.

As Gerard said you may find more options within the mainland. Maybe have a chat with Linhai of Sacred Journeys he can share more of what he knows of teachers on the mainland he goes every year for several months conducting tours of the Sacred Sites (sacredjourneys.org, Linhai is very knowledgable on the taoist and Vajrayana Buddhist teachings. Also try Daozhen (Jesse) who spent lots of time in China in real practice, i dont jave the info to hand but do a search on taobums you should find some info.

For Taiwan Master He Jin Han as Gerard mentioned is a real gem he take you deep through the body to the energetic and Spiritual though I don't know if what you are seeking will be part of the program at least at first alot of bodywork is to be done to prepare the body to deal with the energies and forces experienced in his branch of Bagua.

I'm off to train.

Simon

Before you move somewhere looking for a teacher have you traveled and spent time there ? A lot ? I've been going to mainland China for about 5 years now. I visit Taoist mountains and temples, make friends, visit with monks and nuns, and of course practice what I already know as much as possible. I have always had the dream of finding some amazing teachers, and have even setoff on some adventures searching for them. It never happened. .

But, I just returned from two week trip to China yesterday, and feel that things really fell into place on this trip. I met some amazing teachers all of whom approached me. Maybe it was being in the right place at the right time, maybe I was finally ready to meet them, maybe it was just luck. Whatever happened the foundation has been laid for some incredible growth and learning.

My advice - travel as much as possible, don't have any expectations, and learn mandarin !

...For Taiwan Master He Jin Han as Gerard mentioned is a real gem he take you deep through the body to the energetic and Spiritual though I don't know if what you are seeking will be part of the program at least at first alot of bodywork is to be done to prepare the body to deal with the energies and forces experienced in his branch of Bagua.

That body work is necessary to anyone who has damaged their emotional bodies to a great extent which will manifest in the physical though various ailments, and energetic blockages that will show up in the internal organs, meridians, bones, tendons and joints. The resulting cleansing effect caused by Bagua work is dramatic and very powerful. It deletes EVERYTHING. I can even say that is a great tool to attain enlightenment if your karma is right.

...But

Aha! :) But it happened, see. You were ready and it did finally happen. You will come across higher and higher spiritually evolved individuals the further you develop yourself, then one day you'll realise that the search was helping you to realise your TRUE NATURE.

Body of Light, please be very carefull with that kind of practice. I had very bad experiences with lucid dreaming and malicious beings i came across.

It can produce psychosis if you are not strong enough to handle and deal with negative forces in those realms....please be carefull!!!

Do you know in a really honest way why you want to be able to do this? if not, please make sure you know the real reason.

Peace

Ed

Taiwan (like any other asian country) is full of fortune tellers,mystics, and dozens of spiritual healers,gropus,etc. Have you ever tried visiting any of the temples or checking out various magazines,etc ? Im certain there is a bi monthly publication where all these crazy types advertise their services. Personally i wouldnt seek advice from the internal arts community. Many of them have very strange/unfounded opinions on magic and usually mix in very different circles as well.

The most crucial & important thing is, Knowing the correct terminolgy or names/characters of what you wish to learn. This is an absolute must. So many times I have spoken to people but they didnt have the slightest clue what i was on about, Only when i said it in their native tongue and used the exact phrase did they then understand and were usually more then willing to help.

I can do the third eye/spiritual senses thing for you and the astral/lucid stuff sort of follows that automatically, depending on which way you prefer to take it. I'm not a master though, I know that because I know several REAL masters, however I think I'm a wee bit ahead of some who like to use that title.

Keep in mind that of the sages who escaped China most didn't stop in Taiwan.

Are you moving to Taiwan still?

I am already in Taiwan and are now just one step away from obtaining a Taiwanese Residency Permit..

May I know which country are you in?

Is it possible that any of the real masters which you know are in Taiwan?

Thank you StarJumper7 and may the Universe and Dao give you unlimited blessings...

I don't know how far you are along in your process of moving, but....

Are you moving to Taiwan BECAUSE you want to meet a master, or are you moving to Taiwan and you figure it'd be a good chance to meet someone?

Because there are a lot of really skilled people on this forum, and a lot of exercises which can get you quite far along in your development which you can find well enough on your own without having to up and move to Taiwan.

Well I am already in Taiwan and I am just one step away from obtaining a Taiwanese Residency Visa..

I am moving to Taiwan cos I want to meet a high-level master and there would be a very good chance of meeting such a high-level master in Taiwan..

May I know where can I find the really skilled people and exercises on this forum and who may they be?

Thank you Sloppy Zhang and may the Universe and Dao give you unlimited blessings...

Edited by bodyoflight

Honestly, you will have a better chance of finding what you are after in mainland China. I can assure you that but still you need to speak fluent mandarin and being spiritually realised. I don't know you so please don't get me wrong. Mandarin no matter to which Chinese community you go to.

I was referring to Baguazhang. Fortune telling is only an aspect of Bagua. There is way much more to the eight symbols. Anyway you don't need to speak Chinese to communicate with HJH, as he is fluent in English.

All the best to you too.

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior is really the first book which started me on this journey a few years ago..

In that book, it was mentioned that Socrates, the master, knew how to adjust the energies in his bodies. Furthermore he can use energies in his body and/or the surrounding universe to accomplish amazing feats.. The writer claimed that he saw Socrates jumping onto a wall 15 feet high?

Let me introduce some videos to forummers here..

In this first video, that Japanese master can achieve similar physical feats. Jump to the last few minutes of the video.

Also, John Chang here can use his energies to start fires, heal himself, etc...

Now I am not looking to jump up walls like Superman but I want to know how to use my energy to heal myself, to generate prosperity, to have better relationships, etc, etc..

All the mantras, qigong, prayers, meditations, visualizations are just vehicles of transforming/utilizing the energies around you and in you.

Do you know of anyone like that in Taiwan, Gerald? I am not sure if Ba Gua Zhang does that...

However, I would still wanna talk to Mr He.. Please send me Mr He's contact details to me by PM if possible, thank you..

Edited by bodyoflight

Body of Light, please be very carefull with that kind of practice. I had very bad experiences with lucid dreaming and malicious beings i came across.

It can produce psychosis if you are not strong enough to handle and deal with negative forces in those realms....please be carefull!!!

Do you know in a really honest way why you want to be able to do this? if not, please make sure you know the real reason.

Peace

Ed

Ed, malicious beings have no power to harm most people in this forum.. Human souls are potentially the most powerful creations on this planet.. If trained properly, human souls has the power to even interact energetically with higher beings..

malicious beings are like ants compared to a properly trained human.. how do you think the Buddha achieved enlightenment?.. do you think any malicious being has the power to harm the Buddha when he was human and other similarly enlightened humans?

besides lucid dreaming is a basic pre-requisite which must be learned in order to achieve enlightenment.. if you do not learn the alphabet, then how are you gonna write a full-length essay?

Taiwan (like any other asian country) is full of fortune tellers,mystics, and dozens of spiritual healers,gropus,etc. Have you ever tried visiting any of the temples or checking out various magazines,etc ? Im certain there is a bi monthly publication where all these crazy types advertise their services. Personally i wouldnt seek advice from the internal arts community. Many of them have very strange/unfounded opinions on magic and usually mix in very different circles as well.

The most crucial & important thing is, Knowing the correct terminolgy or names/characters of what you wish to learn. This is an absolute must. So many times I have spoken to people but they didnt have the slightest clue what i was on about, Only when i said it in their native tongue and used the exact phrase did they then understand and were usually more then willing to help.

TheTaoBum,

You sound like you have spent some time in Taiwan and even more time walking on the Path. Are you still in Taiwan? It would be a privilege to learn more from you about what I need to do if possible.

Thank you Tao Bum and may the Universe and Dao give you unlimited blessings...

Edited by bodyoflight

May I know where can I find the really skilled people and exercises on this forum and who may they be?

Well these are a few that are off the top of my head, in no particular order....

FiveElementTao I believe has experience in various styles connected to Maoshan. I don't know how connected they are to Mao Shan specifically, but Kunlun seems to be a relative of some of that stuff, and as a result freeform and scotty miiiight be able to point you to something (that's a big "might" though).

Not Mao Shan, but Ya Mu seems to have a wonderful system, each to access, easy to perform, from what I hear has great benefits, and seems to address everything- energy for healing, for martial arts, for opening astral senses/communing with spirits of varying levels, and things of that nature. Again, not Mao Shan, but still looks pretty legit and worth a try.

Starjumper7 seems to have access to a good system, makes comments that reflect lots of experience.

Gerard, as he has already done, would probably recommend bagua, but that's pretty hard to do on your own anyway unless you have access to some pretty high quality guidance. But lucky for you you're in Taiwan ;) so you can work that right out.

Um...... more will probably come to me later on.

No guarantees that any of these people will have what you are looking for, or that they will be able to teach you/provide any exercises they can do long distance. But if I were you and wanted to get a handle on some methods that I could do on my own, before I found a live person to train with, I'd start by asking these people.

And I hope none of these people are offended by my volunteering their help for them :D

Well these are a few that are off the top of my head, in no particular order....

FiveElementTao I believe has experience in various styles connected to Maoshan. I don't know how connected they are to Mao Shan specifically, but Kunlun seems to be a relative of some of that stuff, and as a result freeform and scotty miiiight be able to point you to something (that's a big "might" though).

Not Mao Shan, but Ya Mu seems to have a wonderful system, each to access, easy to perform, from what I hear has great benefits, and seems to address everything- energy for healing, for martial arts, for opening astral senses/communing with spirits of varying levels, and things of that nature. Again, not Mao Shan, but still looks pretty legit and worth a try.

Starjumper7 seems to have access to a good system, makes comments that reflect lots of experience.

Gerard, as he has already done, would probably recommend bagua, but that's pretty hard to do on your own anyway unless you have access to some pretty high quality guidance. But lucky for you you're in Taiwan ;) so you can work that right out.

Um...... more will probably come to me later on.

No guarantees that any of these people will have what you are looking for, or that they will be able to teach you/provide any exercises they can do long distance. But if I were you and wanted to get a handle on some methods that I could do on my own, before I found a live person to train with, I'd start by asking these people.

And I hope none of these people are offended by my volunteering their help for them :D

Oh my god, that is a great guide.. I have already bought the ebook Kunlun but it is all like qigong to me..

is Ya Mu a style or the name of a forummer?

Thank you Zhang..

is Ya Mu a style or the name of a forummer?

Ya Mu is the name of a forum member. Real name Michael Lomax. His method is Stillness Movement.

In fact, here is his profile :)

Personally i wouldnt seek advice from the internal arts community. Many of them have very strange/unfounded opinions on magic and usually mix in very different circles as well...

Have you trained with either He Jinghan or Luo Dexiu? You need to provide names instead of being so vague as it will cause confusion and dejection amongst spiritual seekers.

Hi Gerard. :) Do you have any online sources for additional reading about the potent effects of bagua?

No sorry, there isn't such book.

I suspect the constant turning motions squeeze everything out like a sponge.

Yes within the circle and within yourself. Macro and micro circles.

How much 'deleting' have you been able to do? How many years have you been at it? Have you practiced any other MA or IMA before bagua, or during?.

A lot but haven't finished yet. In my teenage years I did a lot of emotional damage to myself. Yes, Taijiquan but not as effective as Bagua in terms of cleansing. I am only a young Bagua practitioner, 3 years daily training (in this lifetime) but a lot longer before. ;) I am about to start the dragon form (long xing), the most intense, demanding and beneficial of the forms in my style. Can't wait as the healing will be quite complete after I finish the form.

Edited: typo

Edited by Gerard

Have you trained with either He Jinghan of Luo Dexiu? You need to provide names instead of being so vague as it will cause confusion and dejection amongst spiritual seekers.

No sorry, there isn't such book.

Yes within the circle and within yourself. Macro and micro circles.

A lot but haven't finished yet. In my teenage years I did a lot of emotional damage to myself. Yes, Taijiquan but not as effective as Bagua in terms of cleansing. I am only a young Bagua practitioner, 3 years daily training (in this lifetime) but a lot longer before. ;) I am about to start the dragon form (long xing), the most intense, demanding and beneficial of the forms in my style. Can't wait as the healing will be quite complete after I finish the form.

Sounds awesome, Gerard.

Sorry if I have missed this in any of your past posts, but what is your style of bagua? Who did/do you study with?