3bob

Jesus as seen with 3rd eye

"10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Edited by 3bob

Hey 3bob,

Not sure what to make of those quotes.

Are they from the bible?

What is it you are trying to say?

Peace!

This is from the book of Revelations which is the last book in the bible.

The book is the account of st johns (different guy from the disciple by the same name) mystic vision/ psychedelic experience when he was exiled on an island somewhere.

Hey 3bob,

Not sure what to make of those quotes.

Are they from the bible?

What is it you are trying to say?

Peace!

Strawdog, What I'll say is that which is labeled as unverfiable can be fully verified beyond only beliefs, hopes, ideas or concepts related to some future time or state, and by any person that really puts their whole being into such a moment.

Om

Strawdog, What I'll say is that which is labeled as unverfiable can be fully verified beyond only beliefs, hopes, ideas or concepts related to some future time or state, and by any person that really puts their whole being into such a moment.

Om

Hi 3bob!

Could you please break it down for me to understand better.

I'm not good at understanding things that are written in

such a cryptic fashion.

What I got from what you wrote, is, that if you put your whole

being into a belief, then that belief is beyond question to any

outside observer.

Is this what you mean? I am interested in understanding

what the viewpoint you are talking about, is.

peace!

Hi 3bob!

Could you please break it down for me to understand better.

I'm not good at understanding things that are written in

such a cryptic fashion.

What I got from what you wrote, is, that if you put your whole

being into a belief, then that belief is beyond question to any

outside observer.

Is this what you mean? I am interested in understanding

what the viewpoint you are talking about, is.

peace!

Obviously we tend to put our personal twists on what others say...

I meant beyond beliefs, etc., thus putting your whole being into a belief (which it can not really fit into anyway) will alone still not get one beyond such a belief/thought... as for "outside observers" no one has exactly the same observations or exactly the same verifications anyway, although such may be close for comparitive purposes.

Om

Are you saying you saw jesus and he said that there is an afterlife? He gave you courage when you were facing death?

I had a similar experience when I saw Neo with my 1st and 2nd eye in matrix!

What do you mean with the 3rd eye. I thought that was a meditation thing people do to dangerously alter unconscious chemical processes in the brain. I highly recommend not to do those energy meditation of 3th eye or something like that. Those unconscious mechanics in the brain are unconscious for a reason, like its complexity. When you start pooping out of your mouth, you can't blame your stomach for not doing what it was supose to do anymore. Know what I'm saying? You're exploiting your own body with the 3th eye.

Edited by Everything

Are you saying you saw jesus and he said that there is an afterlife? He gave you courage when you were facing death?

I had a similar experience when I saw Neo with my 1st and 2nd eye in matrix!

What do you mean with the 3rd eye. I thought that was a meditation thing people do to dangerously alter unconscious chemical processes in the brain. I highly recommend not to do those energy meditation of 3th eye or something like that. Those unconscious mechanics in the brain are unconscious for a reason, like its complexity. When you start pooping out of your mouth, you can't blame your stomach for not doing what it was supose to do anymore. Know what I'm saying? You're exploiting your own body with the 3th eye.

We are exploiting our bodies in every way. They are impermanent vessels that can and have to be used creatively. Opening the third eye is only a natural thing that happens as sufficient spiritual energy is cultivated. Violent attempts to "open the 3rd eye" are nothing but too much energy/psychoactive substances pumped in the brain in the hopes of supernatural powers but far from real opening of any sort. Mental instability will be aggravated by this kind of exploitation.

warning on the 3rd eye falling to evil...

Matthew, chapter 6,

22. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Om

Obviously we tend to put our personal twists on what others say...

I meant beyond beliefs, etc., thus putting your whole being into a belief (which it can not really fit into anyway) will alone still not get one beyond such a belief/thought... as for "outside observers" no one has exactly the same observations or exactly the same verifications anyway, although such may be close for comparitive purposes.

Om

This is what dependent origination means, it's the viewless view. It also sees the results of any view, as any experience arises dependent upon view and vice versa.

While most traditions set up an Eternalistic basis for a static and substantial basis for a non-dual view.

Dependent Origination collapses all basis, all reference, even Brahman has not leg to stand on here.

This is the non-substantialist non-dual view, which means a whole lot more than it's appearance in word format.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

This is what dependent origination means, it's the viewless view. It also sees the results of any view, as any experience arises dependent upon view and vice versa.

While most traditions set up an Eternalistic basis for a static and substantial basis for a non-dual view.

Dependent Origination collapses all basis, all reference, even Brahman has not leg to stand on here.

This is the non-substantialist non-dual view, which means a whole lot more than it's appearance in word format.

VJ, We've heard this a thousand+ times from you, and frankly imo you are beating the hell out of it to reverse effect. Take a clue from Xabir, he mentions it but he does not beat the hell out of it, nor abuse other ways to glorify such. ;)

Om

VJ, We've heard this a thousand+ times from you, and frankly imo you are beating the hell out of it to reverse effect. Take a clue from Xabir, he mentions it but he does not beat the hell out of it, nor abuse other ways to glorify such. ;)

Om

Because you're not getting it doesn't mean others reading aren't, don't be so selfish.

p.s. I know you still uphold a primordial and static essence.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last

I am Omega

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire ...

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance shineth in his strength.

saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive and have the keys of hell and of death."

Gosh, that made me think of meeself, except for the Alpha part, and I'm Steve the Gray, not yet Steve the White

Anyway, cool visitation, how is he so sure it was Jesus?

Edited by Starjumper7

This is from the book of Revelations which is the last book in the bible.

The book is the account of st johns (different guy from the disciple by the same name) mystic vision/ psychedelic experience when he was exiled on an island somewhere.

It is also full of secret code words, just like in Taoism, where many of the key words are code words for something else. I had it explained to me and it all aligned perfectly with the spiritual teachings of mystics and some Eastern traditions. Eastern mystics would find it all familiar. there were Western mystics, but almost all of them were exterminated, as they were also in China.

Edited by Starjumper7

guys, I still don't understand this topic.

3bob saw jesus? What are you guys talking about.

The 3d eye light darkness bla bla????

What use is your knowledge if you can't express it in words? And don't give me another poem for a response, just because you want to seem mysterious and wise and cool...

• Like 1

What use is your knowledge if you can't express it in words? And don't give me another poem for a response, just because you want to seem mysterious and wise and cool...

What's so difficult to get here? 3bob suggests that the Bible verse he mentions describes Jesus as seen by st John in a 3rd eye vision.

What's so difficult to get here? 3bob suggests that the Bible verse he mentions describes Jesus as seen by st John in a 3rd eye vision.

So thats what it's about.

I must be really dense,

not understanding all that

cloak and dagger stuff.

3bob is alluding to the fact that St John witnessed Jesus in a vision using his 3rd eye. He's quoting text to corroborate his argument. I think it's best to keep in mind that Revelations shouldn't be taken literally, it's all figurative. Also keep in mind that the translation you read (NIV, KJV, etc) are all decided upon by a group of theologists, not academics. They decide the translation based on the tenants of their own sect, rather than academic merit. (Which is exactly what the Taoists and Buddhists do). One reason I hold no faith in religion.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

3bob is alluding to the fact that St John witnessed Jesus in a vision using his 3rd eye. He's quoting text to corroborate his argument. I think it's best to keep in mind that Revelations shouldn't be taken literally, it's all figurative. Also keep in mind that the translation you read (NIV, KJV, etc) are all decided upon by a group of theologists, not academics. They decide the translation based on the tenants of their own sect, rather than academic merit. (Which is exactly what the Taoists and Buddhists do). One reason I hold no faith in religion.

Aaron

I have seen how people's life been destroyed, just because they trusted that god would work everything out for them. They slowly watched their lifes pulled from under their very feet and trust a god that wasn't there for them. Perhaps it was a lesson, but these guys suicided. How can one have faith in so many empty promises religion holds? How can one have faith in that which is beyond the gate of experience and which he does not even understand in the first place? I don't understand this kind of faith. These faithful people describe their god as an old man with a staff who eats bread and drinks whine.

So I have to agree with you. :mellow:

I know for a fact that the books don't bring any wisdom at all. The wise men bring wisdom trough the use of the books, but the wisdom comes from them selves and not the book itself. No matter how holy the book may be. The wisdom within the book is a projection of his own wisdom, thus these wise men go about teaching and believing in their own words when they say "this book hold the truth for everyone." They develope faith within the abstract poem like words written in the books, for it is an instrument to them. They use it to communicate their knowledge to others without the dangers of shedding light. The boundaries of the religious group protects the elder to savely speak transfer his wisdom, by giving credit to the almighty god, which is actually already within every man.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

I have seen how people's life been destroyed, just because they trusted that god would work everything out for them. They slowly watched their lifes pulled from under their very feet and trust a god that wasn't there for them. Perhaps it was a lesson, but these guys suicided. How can one have faith in so many empty promises religion holds? How can one have faith in that which is beyond the gate of experience and which he does not even understand in the first place? I don't understand this kind of faith. These faithful people describe their god as an old man with a staff who eats bread and drinks whine.

So I have to agree with you. :mellow:

I know for a fact that the books don't bring any wisdom at all. The wise men bring wisdom trough the use of the books, but the wisdom comes from them selves and not the book itself. No matter how holy the book may be. The wisdom within the book is a projection of his own wisdom, thus these wise men go about teaching and believing in their own words when they say "this book hold the truth for everyone." They develope faith within the abstract poem like words written in the books, for it is an instrument to them. They use it to communicate their knowledge to others without the dangers of shedding light. The boundaries of the religious group protects the elder to savely speak transfer his wisdom, by giving credit to the almighty god, which is actually already within every man.

I try not to judge. I let others make their choices. I share my experience and if someone decides it's something that they can apply to their life, good, if not, then so be it. It's not that important anyways. If man didn't kill one another over religion, they'd find something else to kill one another over.

Aaron

• Like 1

I try not to judge. I let others make their choices.

No kidding? I could swear you just judged me as an idiot in the enlightenment thread.

FIRST you have to stop lying to yourself.

THEN you can work on not lying to others.

No kidding? I could swear you just judged me as an idiot in the enlightenment thread.

FIRST you have to stop lying to yourself.

THEN you can work on not lying to others.

Easy now. What good are the wise if they do not treat the bad as worthy students? What good is the bad if they do not respect you as a worthy teacher? Let us not delve into conflict when it is not called for, especially when both cannot see the benefit of agreement. You should not have accepted such gifts of insult in the first place, now the insult is yours to worry about. Practice agreement, shedding too much light you will hurt others and self. Refrain from judgement and you will receive more respect.

We're all part of the same truth, let us find it together as a team.

• Like 1