Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Solar Powered Hornet

That's interesting although it is something I have never wondered about.

I guess since my academic work was in Horticulture, I wonder about such things. I did see some research on this some time ago.

I guess since my academic work was in Horticulture, I wonder about such things. I did see some research on this some time ago.

Yes, I can understand your interest.

Now solar, yes, I have an interest. I installed my own solar system (12VDC) to power my fish ponds. I would have liked to designed it for higher voltage but it is so hard to find DC pumps that operate on voltages higher than 12.

But, to your opening post, yes, it is great that at least one animal has developed the capacity for utilizing the sun's energy.

What interests me a fair amount are the animals that live in caves and the deep sea where there is no sun at all and their food source comes from other means than plant life.

This is fascinating! I have often wondered if certain species including humans are more like plants i.e, the ability to convert light to energy.

http://www.huffingto...t_n_800303.html

I'm fairly certain that the kind of sun gazing I do does that. It's done with eyes closed to prevent blindness.

The great thing about that article is that it proves to me that electricity is a major component of life energy, which is what I thought, and what it feels like. So, the million dollar question is, how can a person store electricity in their body?

I wonder about lightning bugs and electric eels. Same thing?

Ralis, you've read Castaneda, haven't you? He talked about energy being received from the sun through the left eye. Sometimes I will allow this entrance of energy in consciousness by gazing at something close to the sun but not right at it. Can't tell if it makes a difference or not, but maybe it's the consciousness of doing it that's the operative dynamic.

Sometimes I will allow this entrance of energy in consciousness by gazing at something close to the sun but not right at it. Can't tell if it makes a difference or not,

When all the little blind spots start adding up you should be able to tell a difference, but the mind is amazingly good at filling in blank spots, so you may not notice it till it's well along, and all of it is irreversible.

When all the little blind spots start adding up you should be able to tell a difference, but the mind is amazingly good at filling in blank spots, so you may not notice it till it's well along, and all of it is irreversible.

What is irreversible? Could you explain a little more?

What is irreversible? Could you explain a little more?

When you burn a spot on your retina then it stays blind forever. You won't notice it till it starts covering so much area that you get bigger blank spots that your brain has a harder time filling in, but it still does.

If you don't burn a spot too badly it can heal.

Remember, your lens is like a magnifying glass.

Edited by Starjumper7

Stargazer wrote: "When you burn a spot on your retina then it stays blind forever. You won't notice it till it starts covering so much area that you get bigger blank spots that your brain has a harder time filling in, but it still does.

If you don't burn a spot too badly it can heal.

Remember, your lens is like a magnifying glass. "

Does this happen if you gaze at the sun when it is down on the horizon, rising or setting? I have been somewhat reserved towards this technique for the reasons you mentioned.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Does this happen if you gaze at the sun when it is down on the horizon, rising or setting? I have been somewhat reserved towards this technique for the reasons you mentioned.

Since the atmosphere blocks out almost all UV and high energy blues it is the safest but I don't know if it's 100% safe, maybe at sea level, not at altitude.

The eyes do require a tiny bit of UV exposure to be healthy but that must not be in the form of staring fixedly at a spot, but rather scanning randomly like through clouds so that it eventually covers the whole retina.

My way is still much better =)

Sign in to follow this