Sign in to follow this  
markern

Balancing the internal feminine and masculine

Some time ago I read an article by Michale Winn where he talked about how the practice of kan and li gives a type of balance between the internal masculine and feminine that is not achieved through stilness meditation or through fire methods. He also claimed that achieving this type of balanced lead to a balanced sexuality and balanced romantic and sexual realtionships whereas in many cases fire paths could create more problems with regards to sexulaity. One of his examples was a kundalini yoga master who had young female students give him back rubs in order to get yin energy for his kidneys. More problematic examples was teachers having sexual realtionships to female students in order to get more yin to balance them out.

I am wondering what you think of this perspective and also what you think are the consequences of achieving a fair amount of such a balance for a person individually and in realtionships. Will one for example become more androgyn? Glenn Morris talks quite a bit about andorgynity as something that is developed to some extent but it seems obvious that most practioners although maybe going somewhat in that direction remain essentially and clearly masculine or feminine. It seems to me that one remains more or less as yin or yang as is natural for the person but stuill get a sort of balance that was not there to begin with but what does that balance feel like and how does it show in the person and in their realtionships.

Dual cultivation is said to be one way of creating more balance in this regard by getting energy from the otehr sex. As I understand it we seek the otehr sex and sexuality in particular preciosely because we yearn for this balance so as to become more whole. One of the ways this plays out is that to some extent we all find people from teh otehr sex that are very masculine or very feminine attractive, at least for the short time, because they offer a strong suply if the oposite energy of ourselves. For the long temr people with the reverse balance we ourselves ahve are more attractive, at elast more beneficial. So for realtionships a person that is 70% yang and 30% yin seeks someone who is 70% yin and 30% yang.

But what happens when we get more balanced in this way? I have reqad some say talk about becomeing mroe balanced and mellow in a sense, closer to what the other gender is like. But I have also read people talk about dual cultivation amplifying the differences, the yin of a woman nourishing the yang of a man or something like that. Is there maybe a bit of both going on? a stronger amsculintiy and femininity but at the same time some sort of higher level balance. Maybe a movement from false yang to genuine yang etc.?

I have also read people talk about amplifying the differences temporarily to increase attraction and the benefit of dual cultivation. But this contradicts the ayurvedic tehory that it is healthier to balance with slightly different sativic things than to balance with extremely different tamasic and rajasic things.

Any thoughts on any of this would be much apreceated:)

Some time ago I read an article by Michale Winn where he talked about how the practice of kan and li gives a type of balance between the internal masculine and feminine that is not achieved through stilness meditation or through fire methods. He also claimed that achieving this type of balanced lead to a balanced sexuality and balanced romantic and sexual realtionships whereas in many cases fire paths could create more problems with regards to sexulaity. One of his examples was a kundalini yoga master who had young female students give him back rubs in order to get yin energy for his kidneys. More problematic examples was teachers having sexual realtionships to female students in order to get more yin to balance them out.

I am wondering what you think of this perspective and also what you think are the consequences of achieving a fair amount of such a balance for a person individually and in realtionships. Will one for example become more androgyn? Glenn Morris talks quite a bit about andorgynity as something that is developed to some extent but it seems obvious that most practioners although maybe going somewhat in that direction remain essentially and clearly masculine or feminine. It seems to me that one remains more or less as yin or yang as is natural for the person but stuill get a sort of balance that was not there to begin with but what does that balance feel like and how does it show in the person and in their realtionships.

Dual cultivation is said to be one way of creating more balance in this regard by getting energy from the otehr sex. As I understand it we seek the otehr sex and sexuality in particular preciosely because we yearn for this balance so as to become more whole. One of the ways this plays out is that to some extent we all find people from teh otehr sex that are very masculine or very feminine attractive, at least for the short time, because they offer a strong suply if the oposite energy of ourselves. For the long temr people with the reverse balance we ourselves ahve are more attractive, at elast more beneficial. So for realtionships a person that is 70% yang and 30% yin seeks someone who is 70% yin and 30% yang.

But what happens when we get more balanced in this way? I have reqad some say talk about becomeing mroe balanced and mellow in a sense, closer to what the other gender is like. But I have also read people talk about dual cultivation amplifying the differences, the yin of a woman nourishing the yang of a man or something like that. Is there maybe a bit of both going on? a stronger amsculintiy and femininity but at the same time some sort of higher level balance. Maybe a movement from false yang to genuine yang etc.?

I have also read people talk about amplifying the differences temporarily to increase attraction and the benefit of dual cultivation. But this contradicts the ayurvedic tehory that it is healthier to balance with slightly different sativic things than to balance with extremely different tamasic and rajasic things.

Any thoughts on any of this would be much apreceated:)

For those whose are on the kundalini awakening path I have observed over the years that men will get more yin and soft. I used to say they hang their balls up on a hook when they went into the yoga studio.

Women seem to pick them up or sprout a pair of steel balls on their own that drag on the floor.

Those who are more yin the continuum tend to get more yang and the yang get more yin for a period on the path. What it looks like is men feel and develop what we think of as more female behaviors. They cry more easily, feel things more deeply, become more intuitive. Dr. Morris used to call it "getting in touch with your Inner Princess."

For those who are yin then start to develop what is thought of as more masculine behaviors: demanding, territorial, confronting, etc. as if they were starting to run on testosterone. I call it getting in touch with your Inner Warrior.

This is just phases on the path toward androgyny which is harmonious and neutral in yin and yang behaviors. Androgyne is thought to be what our true spiritual nature is.

Yin and yang on the continuum of masculine/feminine behaviors is dynamic and always changing. For example you may be predominantly yang with 20%ish yin. But that is constantly changing and evolving, flowing one into another but we are not always aware of this. This is not gender specific.

You can see this in pairings. One person is more yin than yang than the other and vice versa but they are times when polarities are switched depending on a variety of things and circumstances. These are the most common pairings that is of opposite polarities. You dont often see androgynous pairings.

The thing to remember on the K path that we are heading to becoming Spirit (androgynous) but we don't have to remain there. There is a choice. Once we become one with Spirit we can choose where we want to be on the continuum, more yin? more yang? stay adrogynous? Or maybe you like to slide all over the scale.

One of my students came to me lately because being formerly a yang male with a strong yang sex drive he is starting to become more yin since his kundalini woke up last year.. "My libido is going away!" Not really. It is just changing. With Shaktipat from me and spending the weekend doing KAP and Shaktipat in Miami with Santi seems to have helped him reach a balance. He seems to be recovering his "male" libido. He is now in the Keys with a Tantrika creating his own sensual vacation by the shore.

Just a little bit on a large subject to share right now.

:)

Susan

since ive had kan and li experiences ive had people tell me that i have very yin energy in different ways. A people comment on how "cool" i am. my body is in good shape but the muscles are very soft and flexible.

recently my kan and li put my inner masculine and feminine energies inbalance. its an important part of dissolving your karma and becoming enlightened.

I always liked the term "getting in touch with your inner princess." in pathnotes.

since ive had kan and li experiences ive had people tell me that i have very yin energy in different ways. A people comment on how "cool" i am. my body is in good shape but the muscles are very soft and flexible.

recently my kan and li put my inner masculine and feminine energies inbalance. its an important part of dissolving your karma and becoming enlightened.

I always liked the term "getting in touch with your inner princess." in pathnotes.

Glenn told me that Hatsumi said warriors are like women. In other words, yin, soft, psychic. He said shaking hands with Hatsumi was like shaking hands with smoke.

s

Glenn told me that Hatsumi said warriors are like women. In other words, yin, soft, psychic. He said shaking hands with Hatsumi was like shaking hands with smoke.

s

Hm I've thought of that many times. I'd say that's completely true.

Thanks for confirming other people know it.

Im Arrogant Haha.

Sign in to follow this