RongzomFan

The Highest Psychic Power

Powers are a trap

That is just an old myth that has no basis. It is definitely not in the ancient literature.

Even Buddha used the jhanas and the divya caksus to attain enlightenment

Siddhis and powers are OK and actually preferred.

Edited by alwayson

Nice rationalization. meet you in 10 years and compare notes, unless you strike me dead before then, Grasshopper. : :lol:

Its not a rationalization. From my point of view, you are rationalizing.

So what's to prevent your ego from being reinforced by your superpowers? Unless your ego is zero, enlightenment shall not be yours. One gets Siddhis as a byproduct, then leaves them behind. It is your ego that desires to be important, you seek enlightenment as a byproduct, do you not?

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

So what's to prevent your ego from being reinforced by your superpowers? Unless your ego is zero, enlightenment shall not be yours.

First all I don't know what you mean by ego.

I follow Dzogchen teachings, so if you talk about kadag and sems, maybe I can understand you.

I strongly believe the 8 traditional Hindu siddhis are none other than:

OBE

clairvoyance

vision screen

and stuff like that

Could be.

So if that's the case, one might as well aim for complete enlightenment, since that would be the most remarkable attainment.

Could be.

So if that's the case, one might as well aim for complete enlightenment, since that would be the most remarkable attainment.

Don't you think there is an overemphasis on so called complete enlightenment? According to legend and lore only a few have ever achieved such a lofty state.

Could be.

Of course.

The path of the Mahasiddhas uses siddhis for total enlightenment. Thats always the goal.

Not only did Buddha use the divya caksus for his own enlightenment, but he recommended it to others as the superior path.

Of course.

Not only did Buddha use the divya caksus for his own enlightenment, but he recommended it to others as the superior path.

Would you elaborate on this?

Would you elaborate on this?

Ok, we are going off on a buddhist tangent.

This is my understanding of the divya caksus. Shakyamuni used this to trace his previous lives and other peoples previous and future lives. Thus he gained an understanding of karma, rebirth but most importantly DEPENDENT ORIGINATION. This is how he became a Buddha. He also used this to visit the gods, like Brahma. In fact it is impossible for anyone to gain personal experience with higher metaphysics without the divya caksus. It is possible to gain arhatship without it, but you won't be a superior arhat.

It is mentioned here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abhijna

The divya caksus is recognized by every level of buddhist teaching from Theravada to Vajrayana.

I personally believe the divya caksus is the same as the vision screen, but I really need to ask someone smarter about buddhism than me. I think I once read the divya caksus is preceded by a flash of white light, which would strongly correlate the two.

Edited by alwayson

Don't you think there is an overemphasis on so called complete enlightenment? According to legend and lore only a few have ever achieved such a lofty state.

I think it's more common than that.

Of course.

The path of the Mahasiddhas uses siddhis for total enlightenment. Thats always the goal.

Sounds good.

Edited by Scotty

I strongly believe the 8 traditional Hindu siddhis are none other than:

OBE

clairvoyance

vision screen

and stuff like that

Interstingly enough some of the main siddhis(which directly translates as perfection) is fullfilment of ones wishes (doing exactly as you think)and complete satisfaction and parasiddhi(main siddhi)is knowing yourself where one is meant to be loosing any sort of sense of desire.

Personally I believe siddhis are mind developed to a fuller potential and nothing mystical at all.

But the problem is that the concentrated mind is very powerful.It can be double edged sword .One yogi once gave me good advice I tresure and told to: watch out becouse the higher you go the lower you fall.

Ok, we are going off on a buddhist tangent.

We all know who will be joining this thread very soon. :lol: I have studied the Visuddhimagga and it consistently refers to the breath as a way into this. Do you agree?

We all know who will be joining this thread very soon. :lol: I have studied the Visuddhimagga and it consistently refers to the breath as a way into this. Do you agree?

into what?

the divya caksus?

I know the divya caksus is obtained in the fourth jhana, which I believe is the trance state. I really don't know more about the divya caksus than that.

You do use breath a lot to do this stuff. I did not give all the details, because I assume you are going to look in Robert Bruce's books for that.

Edited by alwayson

into what?

the divya caksus?

I know the divya caksus is obtained in the fourth jhana, which I believe is the trance state. I really don't know more about the divya caksus than that.

I was under the impression the Buddha was enlightened by the breath. However, I have not heard of the divya caksus before.

I was under the impression the Buddha was enlightened by the breath. However, I have not heard of the divya caksus before.

No, he was enlightened by the divya caksus

Guest sykkelpump

No, he was enlightened by the divya caksus

As usual you dont have a clue of what you are talking about.

• Like 2

As usual you dont have a clue of what you are talking about.

Do me a favor, and don't post in my threads, since YOU are the one who has no clue.

Edited by alwayson

I remembered when I first experienced the vision screen. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK!"

There is actually a thread on a different forum years ago expressing my surprise when I first did it.

My brow strobed with a flash of light, and then I saw the vision screen hang at arm's length. Jesus Christ.

I gotta meet whoever designed the human chakra system.

alwayson, Things do exist like you are describing but not with the Emotional Fevor that you exibit.

By the way the development of the human chakra system was not designed by a ""Who"" but rather a ""What"" called Evolution.

Try this book for a bit of mental reality on the subject.

Concentration and Meditation: A Manual for Mind development

It was written by the High Court Judge of England that was special counsel to the Queen and Founder of the Buddhist society of England.

alwayson, Things do exist like you are describing but not with the Emotional Fevor that you exibit.

Oh I had emotional fervor.

Here is an old thread when I first did it.

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11181&p=86626

I didn't even know that it was called the vision screen, because I had missed that part, but I WAS following Robert Bruce's techniques. In the thread I call the vision screen a "metaphysical portal" LOL

Edited by alwayson

FWIW one of the most prized siddhis that I've heard of is consciousness transference (as in the Phowa practice) which is not really Taoist but is found in several Tibetan schools.

I really don't see the value in discussing anything that Robert Bruce says unless he's talking about OBEs. Even with respect to OBEs people should only look at his writings to see similiarities within their own system. I believe Robert Bruce can do OBEs although he may or may not be projecting the yang shen. Robert Bruce has no verifiable training so he really isn't worthy of discussion. I severely doubt that he has ever raised kundalini and I find it funny that he would even discuss kundalini yoga at all. The guy has no background. He is not recognized student in any lineage. Just because you can imagine something doesn't make it real. Robert Bruce has no understanding of internal work. He's just another new age clown that thinks that you can just make a picture in your mind of energy moving along arbitrary pathways.

BTW I have no interest in kundalini yoga but I was interested in it in my late teens. I spent a couple of weeks at Yasodhara Ashram but I decided the practice wasn't for me. If you want to read a book about it try The Triadic Heart of Siva or something by Swami Sivananda (of Rishikesh) who started The Divine Life Society. Because kundalini is a well known word there are a lot of new age frauds that claim knowledge of it. If you want to learn kundalini yoga or tantric yoga methods in general I would advise you to find a legitimate teacher - not Robert Bruce LOL!

Robert Bruce has devised the best type of cultivation method for those types who prefer to sit around and visualize things.

His system of New Energy Ways may not be called that now. I got a copy of his manuscript before publishing and read through it. He asked for feedback and so I gave it too him. His system is the best of that type of thing because of it's full 100% coverage and great attention to detail.

It has the Starjumper seal of approval, and Sai Baba's also, can't get any better than that ... for those who like to do that type of thing, like the ever popular MCO, which leaves out 99.9% of the rest of the body and so makes you sick, Robert's New Energy Ways is a million times better ... if a person has the guts to go through the whole thing. I didn't, I do nei kung instead cuz I think that's better.

• Like 1

Robert Bruce has devised the best type of cultivation method for those types who prefer to sit around and visualize things.

???

His system uses tactile imaging not visualization

OK if that's what you call it these days? I might just keep calling it visualizing.

Edit: I don't know, maybe he changed it from thirty years ago but I don't think too much.

Edited by Starjumper7