Sign in to follow this  
henro

Outdoor Practice in various cities

I'll be in Nanjing for a few days and haven't been able to find out where people might practice tai ji/qigong in the mornings.. . . I actually travel quite a bit and this is always a question that comes up. Would it be a worthwhile sticky in the forum ? Everyone could contribute the places they know about around the world. After some time we might have a great database !

Just following up on my own post. . .

In Nanjing there are decent number of people doing Yang Style tai chi and sword at the park right outside Wutaishan Gym on Guangzhou Road.

In Beijing, Tien Tan park, right next to the Temple of Heaven, has many groups practicing all different kinds of styles just about every morning.

I'll be in Nanjing for a few days and haven't been able to find out where people might practice tai ji/qigong in the mornings.. . . I actually travel quite a bit and this is always a question that comes up. Would it be a worthwhile sticky in the forum ? Everyone could contribute the places they know about around the world. After some time we might have a great database !

In Hong Kong there are many places - mainly in the morning (5 AM to 7 AM) it is any empty place with the areas around housing estates (or shopping centers) being the most popular.

From 6 PM to 7:30 PM it is the parks.

Where I live - people practice under the trees where many bring pet birds to watch and sing.

Today, in Nanjing I practiced at a park on the corner of Shanxi and Hunan road across from the Soffitel hotel and it was really great. There were many groups practicing Tai chi.

I saw Wu, Chen, and at least three different forms of Yang, along with a couple styles I didn't recognize. Lots of qigong as well !!

Sign in to follow this