Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Meditation/Science,Ch'i/Chi/Qi/Ki - Bio-energy scientific test

Meditation/Science, Ch'i/Chi/Qi/Ki - Bio-energy under scientific test conditions

Video showing scientific tests performed on Buddhist monks' ability to regulate their bodies, calm the mind, change skin temperature, and to dry icy wet sheets wrapped around their body with their minds and Qi energy. They are wrapped in ice cold wet sheets that could cause a normal person to die from hypothermia, and they make them start steaming. This is the Yoga of Inner Heat, or Tum-mo meditation.

Meditation/Science, Ch'i/Chi/Qi/Ki - Bio-energy under scientific test conditions

Article in the Harvard Gazette about scientific tests performed on the Tum-mo meditation abilities of Buddhist Monks. Meditation changes temperatures:Mind controls body in extreme experiments

Harvard Gazette: Meditation changes temperatures

• Like 1

Excellent! Thank you

"Mind controls body in extreme experiments"

And both would be true in everyday experiments. :wub:

A lot of people will say, "Why dont meditation masters show something tangible, a benefit or an ability that can be demonstrated and verified?"

Well.....here is one!

Edited by Immortal4life

A lot of people will say, "Why dont meditation masters show something tangible, a benefit or an ability that can be demonstrated and verified?"

Well.....here is one!

Hiiie-Yaaaa!

We can get work as a Clothes Dryer - economicaly safe and Green-Friendly !

Now where is the best place to dry this silk bra ?

O? it comes with a nightgown ?'Q'?

Well.....here is one!

Yes, these people have stepped forward and verified their claims. They did what they said they could do under controlled conditions, in reliable setting with reliable observations made, and showed RESULTS!

Mega props to them, they have made a great example!

If only more would follow their example, who knows what else we could discover?

• Like 1

If only more would follow their example, who knows what else we could discover?

Some things, many things, are best left unshown; particularly when it comes to combat.

• Like 1

Some things, many things, are best left unshown; particularly when it comes to combat.

I'll clarify my position a bit-

I'm for people backing up their claims with evidence. Lots of people have heard of tummo, of monks being able to heat up their bodies. It's a claim that's been around for a while. And there is evidence.

There are claims that have been around for a while, but for which there is little (or no) supporting evidence. I am an avid supporter of the position that there should be evidence for these, and that people making the claims should step forward and allowed themselves to be tested in a manner similar to that of the monks in the original post.

However, everyone has a right to privacy. There are those who do not want to reveal their arts to the masses. They live and teach (and sometimes do not teach) in obscurity. No one knows who their are, what their arts arts, or what they can do- and that is perfectly fine. I do not advocate hunting down people in obscurity and forcing them to step out into the public sphere if they don't want to.

I advocate finding people who ARE in the public sphere, who HAVE made claims, and holding them to their word.

And I think they should learn from these monks' example and not be afraid of subjecting themselves to such tests. If they have a valid, reliable, successful method, they have absolutely nothing to fear. If they are honest, and can do the things they say they can do, they have nothing to fear, and the only thing that will happen is that we will learn more about what humans are capable of.

:)

• Like 2

I'm for people backing up their claims with evidence. Lots of people have heard of tummo, of monks being able to heat up their bodies. It's a claim that's been around for a while. And there is evidence.

There are claims that have been around for a while, but for which there is little (or no) supporting evidence. I am an avid supporter of the position that there should be evidence for these, and that people making the claims should step forward and allowed themselves to be tested in a manner similar to that of the monks in the original post.

However, everyone has a right to privacy. There are those who do not want to reveal their arts to the masses. They live and teach (and sometimes do not teach) in obscurity. No one knows who their are, what their arts arts, or what they can do- and that is perfectly fine. I do not advocate hunting down people in obscurity and forcing them to step out into the public sphere if they don't want to.

I advocate finding people who ARE in the public sphere, who HAVE made claims, and holding them to their word.

And I think they should learn from these monks' example and not be afraid of subjecting themselves to such tests. If they have a valid, reliable, successful method, they have absolutely nothing to fear. If they are honest, and can do the things they say they can do, they have nothing to fear, and the only thing that will happen is that we will learn more about what humans are capable of.

I pretty much agree. Although their should be some info held for the few willing to look enough to find it.

Even though very few would be willing to attain them.

Ofcourse spread the information, but society obviously has a way of perverting things, and people have to be aware of that aswell.

Edited by NeiChuan

Like a hidden 9m? ;D

• Like 2

Like a hidden 9m? ;D

That happened to me in class, guy sitting next to me just pulled one out and was like hey look, under the table.

I was like "Oh" and kept acting like I was taking notes :lol:

It was pretty pointless, so yea in that case aswell, best left unshown.

that all makes sense and I, like you, look forward to more scientific evidence of things that are possible.I don't know why it is, but it seems the world over that the fewest people get to see the most far out stuff, so you had best learn whose word to trust if you aren't going to go to the trouble to find someone to show you in person or learn to do it yourself.

Also, there is a dictate in Taoism ... and myself, being a True Blue Taoist of the old school, I recognize great danger in personal display. It's a delicate thing, and best to show only your friends; in this case students and teachers being the friends. We don't wear no steenking uniforms and go around bowing in our family.

Like a hidden 9m? ;D

Sorcerer's Rule #1. Look for what is hidden.

If you learn to feel the force you could possibly sense the metal in the gun from a distance, or know of it because you can see his thinking.

that all makes sense and I, like you, look forward to more scientific evidence of things that are possible.I don't know why it is, but it seems the world over that the fewest people get to see the most far out stuff, so you had best learn whose word to trust if you aren't going to go to the trouble to find someone to show you in person or learn to do it yourself.

Also, there is a dictate in Taoism ... and myself, being a True Blue Taoist of the old school, I recognize great danger in personal display. It's a delicate thing, and best to show only your friends; in this case students and teachers being the friends. We don't wear no steenking uniforms and go around bowing in our family.

Yup, pretty much.

Sorcerer's Rule #1. Look for what is hidden.

If you learn to feel the force you could possibly sense the metal in the gun from a distance, or know of it because you can see his thinking.

How would you (star to, at least) go about doing this?

Sign in to follow this