Sign in to follow this  
jago25_98

Losing chi through urination

It's come to my attention that I've always had this problem.

Any suggestions on how to retain?

I would point out however, that retaining isn't always good. If there is a problem that needs to be released it can be done so through many ways, ejaculation as one. Am I right about that?

Yes your right. Your only option is not to pee.

I've been retaining for 3 years now. Based on Chia's nochipee methods.

• Like 1

I heard from a TCM doctor that if you clinch your teeth and stand on your toes when you pee it helps.

• Like 1

Spring Forest Qigong level 1 suggests urinating within 30 minutes of completing your qigong does risk you losing some qi.

Apparently you can help by clinching toes and lifting your heels. This activates the six leg meridians.

• Like 1

It's come to my attention that I've always had this problem.

Any suggestions on how to retain?

I would point out however, that retaining isn't always good. If there is a problem that needs to be released it can be done so through many ways, ejaculation as one. Am I right about that?

are you TREMENDOUSLY short of chi and worried that you wont be able to find any more if you pee some out?

Spring Forest Qigong level 1 suggests urinating within 30 minutes of completing your qigong does risk you losing some qi.

Apparently you can help by clinching toes and lifting your heels. This activates the six leg meridians.

Yep, right now, after an hour of SFQ I'm going through my 30 minutes retention phase.. But do it much longer and it will surely hurt you :lol:

lol, fantastic replies

Well, you see the thing is that I don't know if it's particularly normal to feel a small orgasm when peeing!

My mother told me I did this as a baby... less than a year old. Pee... shudder.

I always used to think it was a nice thing to have... a misplaced nerve I used to think.

Now I put it down to giving out Chi. Nothing has to be wrong with that... I can drop bad energy that way perhaps. But... it does lose me energy. In a western way you would say that peeing loses you heat only. I feel I in particular lose more than that.

For me it's similar to holding one's breath to stay warm.

So, yep. Funny, but that's the way it seems. So... yep... learning to pee without losing energy. I expect I could be the only person in the world thinking about this! :D

Perhaps you should take a look at this thread. It seems that even the notion of losing chi through orgasm varies, and there are people all over who have orgasms that actually boost their energy.

So maybe rather than getting into some view of "oh, orgasms/losing chi is bad" maybe you should think of "it's something spontaneous that has been happening since I was a kid, maybe I should ride the wave and enjoy the moment."

And again, like scotty said, you lose a TON of chi worrying out whether you are losing chi, far much more than you would if you were just doing the activity without mentally attaching to it.

I would see a TCM doctor. If all your other organs are functioning properly, urine should be nothing more than waste. The stomach, receives and ripens, the small intestine separates the clear from the turbid and sends it down the system. The bladder simply stores and excretes it, and the kidney dominates the whole water system.

If the physical act is causing some extra body sensation, find a way to channel that. The idea that you would be losing qi from that might be up to interpretation. Are your muscles simply stimulating the prostate while urinating ? Is any jing escaping because of this ? Hmm, those are the questions I guess.

are you serious?!

I didn't think this was a serious thread until looking through the last few posts. I'm going to quote what my teacher said this morning in Taiji class,"I'm not saying that chi isn't real, because it is, but the sooner you forget about chi and the rest of that shit, the more you will advance with all this stuff."

I didn't think this was a serious thread until looking through the last few posts. I'm going to quote what my teacher said this morning in Taiji class,"I'm not saying that chi isn't real, because it is, but the sooner you forget about chi and the rest of that shit, the more you will advance with all this stuff."

Yep

Yep

Yes, I've been reading that other thread, and ones like it.

I accept that for some people orgasam has a different effect.

I believe there are many ways to orgasm. I have experienced ejaculation without orgasm and different strengths of orgasm.

The whole reason I got into Tao was because I find that if I really go for a big orgasm the next day I do not experience life to the same degree. By that I mean, although happy initially, everything is a blur. Happy yes (that's the advantage), but weak. My creativity is low, it's harder to lift wieghts, can't run as long, feel the cold, less sexually attractive, the list goes on and on and I can't stand it. To me, when I orgasm hard the effects the next day really make me regret it. I even suffer illness. The end result is that an orgasm to me means suffering. It is so clear to me and the effects are massive. From observation I find that after a really full banging it takes me 3 months to recover to a point where I smell attractive again.

It really couldn't be clearer for me. But then, when I've been having sex before it's really been a massive feeling. Hedonistic. On the one hand this caused me to see things I didn't at the time understand and also to draw out lovemaking a lot more.

It would be really nice to just cum as I did before, it really would. But I know as soon as I do that I will be losing a week before I can start enjoying the rest of life and 3 months before I feel truely powerful again. The funny thing is, I work at sea, so I see my girlfriend for a month every 2 months. This allows a clarity there.

What I am achieving now is moderation.

This is how my body is though, and I don't expect others to be the same.

Apart from this year the previous 28 years of my life I have encouraged maximum self orgasm, be it wanking to the max or really deep meaningful sex. This year I've decided to cut down on that and I feel massively better for it. That's just me personnally.

It can well be that for other people orgasm doesn't have the same effect. It certainly didn't seem that way for me 5 years ago, and indeed at that younger age if I wasn't wanking and also not cultivating (it would take at least 1-2 hours a day to control that desire) the energy could have come out in a disasterous way.

So that is ejaculation. I'm getting my head around that now.

My urination. If one is experiencing orgasm when peeing... something has to be going on right. This isn't something I worry about much. But I have started experimenting. I love experiments. I've found that I can stop the feeling of eurphoria by letting go of it.

Certainly I can keep doing this. I was just wondering if I should bother.

There are 2 ways I've thought about measuring whether this action is having any difference:

1) measure for ormus in the pee. I don't fancy messing with piss much though :D

2) Try it consistantly for 2 months and see if it makes a difference. Then try again. I find it takes a peroid of time to notice a subtle energy.

Really though I don't think I have any worries about urination!

I do have worries about ejaculation, which are getting less as I get the hang of it. That I don't expect to be an easy subject. But that's another story.

edit::

Actually it's the pronounced difference between pre and post ejaculation that have been such a great motivator and educator. So I'm grateful for it really. Had it not been for that I never would have got into so many things.

Edited by jago25_98

When I was suffering extreme withdrawal from heroin I thought that ejaculating would make me feel better - biggest mistake ever. Well, it did make me feel better until immediately after it was over, then I was 10x more tired, pained, sick, depressed, will power deficient, etc... this was further proof to me that the jing/chi one loses when ejaculating is significant in that the act should be limited as much as possible if one desires to progress most efficiently in energy/spirituality practice.

Sign in to follow this