Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

Mental Conditioning through Dreaming

So I came across a post in another thread which I found rather interesting:

Remember- A real teacher will not tell you what to expect They will teach you how to mentaly condition yourself in the dreaming state so as to understand what is real and what is imagined.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this method, what it entails, or how the mechanisms behind it work. Is it akin to learning lucid dreaming, in which you distinguish between reality and the dream state, so you know your dreaming, except in this case you can distinguish between things that are real and things that are not when you meditate? Something else?

Anyone who has any insights, it'd be great to hear from you! :)

So I came across a post in another thread which I found rather interesting:

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this method, what it entails, or how the mechanisms behind it work. Is it akin to learning lucid dreaming, in which you distinguish between reality and the dream state, so you know your dreaming, except in this case you can distinguish between things that are real and things that are not when you meditate? Something else?

Anyone who has any insights, it'd be great to hear from you! :)

What me and a friend would do is either sleep with a watch on and look at it (during dreaming) or look at a digital clock.

They're usually all whacky, once I remember seeing it say 55:55. Still turned out to be a nasty nightmare haha.

But what do I know I just dreamt I was jack sparrow, that wasn't lucid, I haven't tried lucid dreaming in awhile.

In yogic path it is said that in dreams it is important to be able to hold values as in waking reality.Not doing anything you wouldnt do awake.

That is one of the basic levels to be mastered .This also includes working on your personality and developing more understanding and forgiving and loving personality on a very deep level too. Get over self-sabotaging mechanisams.

Than mind becomes clear and other dimensions than this earthly one start reveleaing naturally and it is possible to see what is imagined and what not.And here is where a lot of more esoteric teaching from teacher begins becouse the ground is prepared.

As I was on yogic path for over 10 years in past that is what I have heard and no I havent been thought by a earthly teacher how to dream.

Some Sufi schools deal with dreamwork a lot and will teach in a very specific way.Becouse it is similar with Yogis about turning sleep into being aware non stop.

In yogic path it is said that in dreams it is important to be able to hold values as in waking reality.Not doing anything you wouldnt do awake.

That is one of the basic levels to be mastered .This also includes working on your personality and developing more understanding and forgiving and loving personality on a very deep level too. Get over self-sabotaging mechanisams.

Than mind becomes clear and other dimensions than this earthly one start reveleaing naturally and it is possible to see what is imagined and what not.And here is where a lot of more esoteric teaching from teacher begins becouse the ground is prepared.

As I was on yogic path for over 10 years in past that is what I have heard and no I havent been thought by a earthly teacher how to dream.

Some Sufi schools deal with dreamwork a lot and will teach in a very specific way.Becouse it is similar with Yogis about turning sleep into being aware non stop.

There is Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga.

Hatha is the Yoga of the body.

Hatha takes 6 years to learn.

A life time to practice.

Raja Yoga is the Yoga of the Mind.

Raja Yoga is what you will take with you into your next life.

How to know a teacher

The rule of passing information:

A student must be mature enough to recieve informtion and trustworhy to do no harm to with it.

Once this is seen, beyond doubt, it is a teacher's duty to transmit information.

It is a student's duty to present themself and become ready to recieve.

I have never known a Raja teacher to ask for money or to need it.

I have given you a beginning.

Edited by Alfred E

Raja Yoga is the Yoga of the Mind.

I have given you a beginning.

If you are referring to the differentiation between real/imagined, do you mind expanding a bit more about that? What are some things to look out for? What is the kind of thing to cultivate which will help differentiate between real and imagined, and where do you go from there?

Sign in to follow this