Helder

Good Place For QiGong Training!

Hi!

I am very motivated to learning QiGong from an expoerienced and competent Teacher. Unfoprtunately, where I am from there is not much around and no one really to ask advice to, so I am surfing the net! Shark infested waters as you know :)

I am thinking that probably China (although not necessarily) is the best place to learn. My aim is to have a month (or a few) intensive course of a good system. My aim is to develop my atunement with Chi and it is mostlyt geared at teaching others and also with a twist towards healing purposes.

So, I came across this center in China who offers training:

http://www.chilel.com/

It seems to be closely derived from Zhineng QiGong, which is a Medical QiGong which aparently it's considered to be one of the best in China. Apparently however Dr. Pang no longer trains people directly for political reasons as it's stated on the site (http://www.chilel.com/WhatIsChilelQigong/hospital.htm).

So, do you know of a good place to learn Zhineng QiGong or any other good system? I know there are a lot of people claming to be Zhineng Masters but probably just did a quick course in China with Dr. PAng when the Center was still open...Feedback from people who have actually done any course would be most welcomed!

Thanks and all the best,

Helder

hi helder and welcome to thetaobums,

i recently went on a trip to china to pursue zhineng qigong and talked about it in my blog. there are many chinese teachers from the original Pang Ming hospital/training center who also offer training courses. I don't know what exactly is the difference between chilel and the original zhineng but from the 2 chilel dvds I saw I didn't notice that much of a difference. My teacher said that many of the original teachers and students from the Pang Ming school went out to form their own schools and variations. My teacher and the lady teacher are both middle aged and can be seen younger in the original videos of group practice in the 80's. Their site is http://www.lifeqicenter.com.

The political reasons referred to is that because of Falun Gong the government regulates qigong activity in that large group practice is controlled, and publishing qigong books not from the government approved systems is not allowed.

Another site that I didn't go to is www.freelifeqicenter.com. Although the place I went to said "retreat" and "cancer healing foods" it turned out to actually be a an apartment in a smoggy city with traditional chinese food i.e. greasy, salty, and unhealthy stuff with no concept of salad or bland food. Have you ever been to China? It would seem to me that the Chilel group is bigger and richer and has an actual retreat if it is reachable by crossing the river but I'm suspicious unless I see or hear otherwise. I also heard that freelifeqicenter is an apartment despite the pictures of mountains. and I heard from a student with me that Luke Chan is actually a tai chi expert and didn't teach much about the theory of mind, field and membrane system. But I suspect that each one of these teachers is trying to get a better business advantage and fighting over customers. Despite this, I did enjoy a group practice and was lucky to have a small group. I love the La Chi practice and meditation. The theories and questions I learned were excellent so the experience was positive overall. Falun Gong and Spring Forest, are somewhat similar to Zhineng/Chilel.

Grandmaster Pang is a multi disciplined master of qigong and martial arts so you can try to learn what you can and follow what works for you.

Another place I went to was wan-qigong in western Beijing which is excellent for healing if you want to try it for a few days or a week. it is also a medical qigong system which also trains the hands similar to zhineng/chilel but i felt that it was more external but you are guaranteed to feel the energy and heat passing through and doing stuff. Master Wan was busy at the time I was there with a group led by Francesco Garripoli and Daisy Lee but he did a lot of healing work on me including electric acupuncture and herbal medicine.

I heard about this place in Wudang mountain but I don't think it has medical qigong although it could have benefits http://www.wudanggongfu.com/. it might be a good place to learn tai chi, martial arts and taoist fetus qigong but I stopped looking into it.

Tell me how it goes.

best wishes,

DE

http://www.4shared.com/audio/K9v1Rb2y/02_-_Kip_Mazuy_-_Now_is_Foreve.htm

• Like 1

Hi Desert Eagle,

Thnaks a lot for all the info, much appreciated. I also read your blog on your china trip - very interesting!

So, if I gather correctly, it seems the teachers you went and study Zhineng with were competent but it has the disadvantage of being in an apartment and smoggy city (plus the food of course!). Still it sounds interesting. I hope I can get some feedback from people who have done the training in chilel.com with Luke Chan to compare. It seems also, by surfing the net, that your Teacher, Master Liu, has trained a lot of Westerners! Maybe he is a good teacher...After your training (was it a month?) did you get certification to teach the method?

Funny, I am also a fan of permaculture ;)

Talk later.

I'd also love to hear more about studying qigong in China. Hard to find info on which schools on Wudang are reputable. . . .

Hi Desert Eagle,

Thnaks a lot for all the info, much appreciated. I also read your blog on your china trip - very interesting!

So, if I gather correctly, it seems the teachers you went and study Zhineng with were competent but it has the disadvantage of being in an apartment and smoggy city (plus the food of course!). Still it sounds interesting. I hope I can get some feedback from people who have done the training in chilel.com with Luke Chan to compare. It seems also, by surfing the net, that your Teacher, Master Liu, has trained a lot of Westerners! Maybe he is a good teacher...After your training (was it a month?) did you get certification to teach the method?

Funny, I am also a fan of permaculture ;)

Talk later.

:D glad to know that there is another fan here, do share your experience if you would. better food, better environment, better living conditions, all conducive to good health. many problems are caused by mismanagement and inefficient design. Geoff said that with the increasing quality of life, the feeling of time will shrink, it sounds like meditation. maybe because of reducing background stress of living, finding harmony.

The teacher I went to was definitely good, no doubt about it, his English is very good considering he taught himself in a year. he has strong focus and because of that he gets things done and wrote a book and was working on the next while we were there.

but the place wasn't so good especially with what was written and expected and what was actually there. The food was the worst but he'll try as much as possible to bring you what you want, although as I said it was only 2 students there including me so I'd imagine that food would be a bigger problem with a bigger group. Also, I was especially sensitive so it's up to you. I could have done better with the diet I have now, raw vegan is the travelers fail-safe diet for me to make sure there are no problems but now I do it all the time.

The smog is something else, as soon as I came down from the plane the smog clinged to the back of my throat and only left after detoxing at home for a month. Maybe I should have brought a mask but not sure if that would have helped. The only way is a better place like an actual retreat with good air.

There is supposed to be a real retreat in the works, I'll check the progress on that later.

No it was a beginner's course for 3 weeks, what remains is level 2 and teacher training next year which is a longer course.

I'd also love to hear more about studying qigong in China. Hard to find info on which schools on Wudang are reputable. . . .

This qigong teacher I met at wan-qigong was going to stay at wan for a month then told me he was going to wudanggongfu.com for several months. I asked how come he chose that place he said that there are many schools at wudang mountain but a friend recommended this place to him. Google does indeed list a lot of schools there.

I might be interested in http://www.daoistkungfu.com/ for the light body and flexibility stuff in a traditional setting.

really? wudang kung fu schools have not been changed by the chinese government? Is it the traditional ancient stuff or has it been changed by the government like shaolin was during the communist revolution?

For anyone who wants to train Wudang martial arts in a traditional 18 chmabers style setting. I can recommend the following website: www.wudang-principles.com

The school opens spring 2011 and will feature a traditional training as well as individualized training programs suiting yoiur needs and available time.

Qing Gong is part of that Training although i thinkit is taught alongside other arts like Baguazhang.

I have met both of the teachers I and I can really recommend them. They definitely are unique.

Have fun.

PurpleHeaven

really? wudang kung fu schools have not been changed by the chinese government? Is it the traditional ancient stuff or has it been changed by the government like shaolin was during the communist revolution?

I am not assertive as to whether it is traditional or not because i haven't been there. I heard on this forum that both shaolin and wudang have become like wushu. well I hope it's not that bad but it is still beneficial training. I was waiting for people like PurpleHeaven to give a good suggestion and point in the right direction because I am interested in finding a good place to train too.

I would have to disagree with Desert Eagle's statement that Zhineng Qigong is similar to Spring Forest Qigong and Falun Dafa.

I did Spring Forest Qigong and taught it for 8 years on an inpatient unit for the severely mentally ill and I was taught in person by

Chun Yi Lin. I also did Falun Dafa. I find no similarities between any of these three methods of qigong. My own opinion based on my experience is that Spring Forest is fantastic for beginners who want to feel chi so they can realize there really is some kind of energy going on. Falun Dafa and Zhineng Qigong are great as medical qigong, as is Pangu Mystical Qigong.

Wow, this Chen Shixing is pretty athletic and flexible...check out his handsfree

! :o Edited by gendao