Sign in to follow this  
RongzomFan

Rapture occurs May 2011

I was listening to Christian radio and an older knowledgeable pastor said the rapture occurs in May 2011, even when other people called in to challenge the assertion.

I was listening to Christian radio and an older knowledgeable pastor said the rapture occurs in May 2011, even when other people called in to challenge the assertion.

Don't count on it.

The fact that this was an older calm gentleman really freaked me out.

He sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

Not to put all pastors down but you'll sound like you know what you're talking about a little more. If you completely believe what you're talking about.

Cult leaders do it all the time I imagine.

http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-canada/3-very-large-objects-space-flying-to-earth

I Found this interesting. But also a little funny how the writer just drops 2012 in there to scare people.

But who knows.

Sorry... but my bullshit detector just went through the roof. B)

Rapture/smapture .... don't waste your life worrying about fantasy.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as "rapture". It's all religious bullshit. However, changes are happening, of course. But what time is free of change? Changes happen all the time. Someone could have said that the times during Martin Luther King Jr.'s activity were rapture. You can pick a lot of times in Earth's history and call them "raptures." It's meaningless to single some change out to call it "rapture."

Let go of the religious bullshit and start using your own brain for a change. Think critically. Please!

Hello Alwayson,

Before you worry too much about the rapture, I recommend you learn a bit more about Revelations. The book is oftentimes taken out of context. Everything that occurs in Revelations relates to the Roman Empire and things that were happening in the world at the time it was written. It was not meant to be "prophetic" in the sense that many modern day Christians tend to view it, but rather as an allegory for what was occurring in the world around 1900+ years ago.

Also, I would ask how he came to his conclusion and whether it was based on fact or faith? If he can actually provide indisputable factual evidence, then so be it, but I'm sure if you look at it objectively you'll find there's not much water keeping the idea afloat.

Rest easy, I can assure you that the rapture will not occur on May 2011.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Everything that occurs in Revelations relates to the Roman Empire and things that were happening in the world at the time it was written. It was not meant to be "prophetic"

Precisely.

As always, we'll see what happens.

Precisely.

As always, we'll see what happens.

Thats what I think we will see what happens... And don't worry. Live your life the best you can... Time will tell... Melanie

Marry Christmas to all... God Bless

Edited by goonis38

Which calender is the correct calendar? Chinese, Mayan, Religious - etc...

To me, to have a calendar based on the birth of a single person is ridiculous..

Mayan is interesting but a bit out of the scope of my needs.

As such, I use the Chinese Calendar.

Why? From my experiences in studying the Tao: as Taoism is largely based on the timings of the universe - quite a bit of the Tao such as medicine, astrology, holidays- even the philosophy- cannot be understood unless you understand the calendar. It is at the basis of understanding the workings of China.

Here is the Chinese Lunar/Solar Calendar program that I use - it has 160 years of data: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/LunarCal/1108293208/1

A brief explination:

The Chinese calendar uses the timings of our solar system like the hour hand on a watch with the moon being the seconds hand on a watch.

Thus the name: Lunar/Solar Calendar

Based on the year China began keeping time it is year 4708.

Some webpages with different styles of 1 year calendars

http://www.herongyang.com/2011/2011_chinese_calendar_v1.pdf

Here is an easier calendar to understand for those that cannot understand Chinese:

It is based on the phases of the sun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_calendar#Solar_term

Taken from http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-01-01/bay-area/17466332_1_east-bay-bay-area-first-time-camping

On Sept. 6, 1994, dozens of Camping's believers gathered inside Alameda's Veterans Memorial Building to await the return of Christ, an event Camping had promised for two years. Followers dressed children in their Sunday best and held Bibles open-faced toward heaven.

But the world did not end. Camping allowed that he may have made a mathematical error. He spent the next decade running new calculations, as well as overseeing a media company that has grown significantly in size and reach.

As others have pointed out, changes are happening all the time. Some big, some small, but nothing is constant. Why bother worrying about something so uncertain?

Sign in to follow this