Sign in to follow this  
alexandrov

putting chi in testicles

Ok so because of issues i have with my prostate and testes one thing I sometimes do is to put chi in my testes. this warms them up a great deal and also relives some pain temporarily. The technique is very simple and is just deep breathing combined with moving warm chi to the testes. The chi takes a while to travel down the veins/spematic cords or whatever to actually get to the testes but once its there it feels "right" and it feels like this practice helps my condition. One side effect of this practice is that during practice my testes can shrink to about 1/2-1/3 of their normal size and get pulled close to the body especially on exhalations. This goes away immediatly after practice and I think is do to large amounts of blood temporarily somehow leaving the testes and going into the body. Another side effect is that i will always get nocturnal emissions if I do this before going to bed.

I am just wondering if anyone knows if what I am doing is safe or is something that has potential dangers? As a side note I have been doing chigung for years with no ill effects. The only problem I ever had was with the PC muscle squeezes from Chia, and not the energy exercises themselves although I am no fan of most of what chia teaches or any forceful techniques. other then that microcosmic orbit is open along with leg channels arms etc etc to the best of my knowledge.

I have tried and heard of other testicle chigung techniques such as scrotal compression and testicle breathing etc etc, but this is far more powerful for directly effecting the testes and really really gets a lot of chi in the testes especially if done for like an hour.

Also anyone know on a theoretical level what this is doing?

thank you

Ok so because of issues i have with my prostate and testes one thing I sometimes do is to put chi in my testes. this warms them up a great deal and also relives some pain temporarily. The technique is very simple and is just deep breathing combined with moving warm chi to the testes. The chi takes a while to travel down the veins/spematic cords or whatever to actually get to the testes but once its there it feels "right" and it feels like this practice helps my condition. One side effect of this practice is that during practice my testes can shrink to about 1/2-1/3 of their normal size and get pulled close to the body especially on exhalations. This goes away immediatly after practice and I think is do to large amounts of blood temporarily somehow leaving the testes and going into the body. Another side effect is that i will always get nocturnal emissions if I do this before going to bed.

I am just wondering if anyone knows if what I am doing is safe or is something that has potential dangers? As a side note I have been doing chigung for years with no ill effects. The only problem I ever had was with the PC muscle squeezes from Chia, and not the energy exercises themselves although I am no fan of most of what chia teaches or any forceful techniques. other then that microcosmic orbit is open along with leg channels arms etc etc to the best of my knowledge.

I have tried and heard of other testicle chigung techniques such as scrotal compression and testicle breathing etc etc, but this is far more powerful for directly effecting the testes and really really gets a lot of chi in the testes especially if done for like an hour.

thank you

well i wouldent keep the energy there. maybe explain your situation to a chi kung teacher, or acupuncturist and see what can be done

well i wouldent keep the energy there. maybe explain your situation to a chi kung teacher, or acupuncturist and see what can be done

no i definitely do not leave the energy there and always move it back to the dan tien. ya my situation is pretty much under control, though i am still trying to find a good acupuncturist or chi gung master in the washington dc area.

if you feel like sharing:

what do you mean by 'issues with your prostate and testes?'

I'm assuming prior to doing the exercises right?

Right, make sure these exercises aren't the things causing the prostate issues. Or perhaps other practices.

If so, it could be a sign to stop. There's often alot of warnings for actual problems but they can be easy to miss.

I wonder what are the implications of energizing the testicles on procreation. Good or Bad? Encourage your best swimmers...

if you feel like sharing:

what do you mean by 'issues with your prostate and testes?'

I'm assuming prior to doing the exercises right?

by this I mean that I have prostate problems aka prostatitis and I have pain in the region as well as problems with sexual and urinary function. Just for clarification I am not using this technique to supress lust or reduce or increse sex drive if thats what you might be thinking.

I do this excercise at random times really not in relation to my pain or anything. Intuitively I feel it can help with some of my problems, I did not learn this from a book or teacher or anything I just made it up that is why I am a bit concerned.

Right, make sure these exercises aren't the things causing the prostate issues. Or perhaps other practices.

If so, it could be a sign to stop. There's often alot of warnings for actual problems but they can be easy to miss.

no, I had problems long before I tried this excercise out, so there is no way it caused the problems, however there is a potential it could make things for me worse but so far it has only helped

I wonder what are the implications of energizing the testicles on procreation. Good or Bad? Encourage your best swimmers...

this techniques def does do something to the testes because like I said if I do it close to night I will always have a nocturnal emission. It could possibly be that the heating of the testes has a similar effect a hot tub would, thus making some sperm inviable (killing them) and thus they are flushed out in a nocturnal emission the same way they happen after you stay in a hot tub for too long.

chias pc exercises using hard pc excercises just like he recommends caused my problems if you want to know.

Well basically doing testcle breathing/ cold draw sends chi down the the testicles which in turn converts your sperm into jing. My first thought was to say not to leave the chi there when you are finished, but you already said that you do not do this. When I practice the cold draw it makes everything down there shrivel up and get pretty small, and though I am not 100% sure, I do believe that this is the result of the jing conversion as jing is less dense than sexual fluid.

As just an aside, yesterday I just finished 100 days of doing the testicle breathing/ cold draw. So as to not retain longer than is healthy I decided to relase what I had in there. Most unusual thing..... it was all prostate fluid, and no sperm at all!! I did not expect this, but then I was kind of like "oh well I guess the conversion process has been working effectively".

So back to your concern, I do believe that what are you are doing is beneficial to your problem. Its always good to run your converted jing through your MCO once you finish, cause I notice that if I leave too much chi in the perinium / root chakra area where the prostate is that I tend to get aroused much easier (this could explain your increased occurance of nocturnal emission).

I have a question.

If your side effect is always that you have nocturnal emissions this should indicate something to you.

Nocturnal emission is "generally" considered an imbalance symptom.

I am not sure that I can agree with your conclusion that this result is a positive one.

If you are doing retention, obviously having emission will change the state of your hormonal system. Again I think in general what you are describing is an imbalance.

Craig

Well basically doing testcle breathing/ cold draw sends chi down the the testicles which in turn converts your sperm into jing. My first thought was to say not to leave the chi there when you are finished, but you already said that you do not do this. When I practice the cold draw it makes everything down there shrivel up and get pretty small, and though I am not 100% sure, I do believe that this is the result of the jing conversion as jing is less dense than sexual fluid.

As just an aside, yesterday I just finished 100 days of doing the testicle breathing/ cold draw. So as to not retain longer than is healthy I decided to relase what I had in there. Most unusual thing..... it was all prostate fluid, and no sperm at all!! I did not expect this, but then I was kind of like "oh well I guess the conversion process has been working effectively".

So back to your concern, I do believe that what are you are doing is beneficial to your problem. Its always good to run your converted jing through your MCO once you finish, cause I notice that if I leave too much chi in the perinium / root chakra area where the prostate is that I tend to get aroused much easier (this could explain your increased occurance of nocturnal emission).

Are you sure thats what the cold draw does? I was under the impression that the warm draw of bringing the heat (dense hot feeling chi) from the sex organs into the head then recirculating it through the body was a jing to chi conversion? I also thought the cold draw helped turn jing to chi as well? I thought the goal of both the cold and hot draw was to take the sperm energy "ching chi" and convert it to chi usable for the rest of the body? I mean jing is not sperm but I know that the energy from jing is used to create sperm if im not mistaken? Also this jing can transform into chi right? Or maybe what you are trying to say is that the cold draw takes sperm energy and converts it back to jing to be converted to chi?

This is why I was thinking that possibly what I was doing is taking bodily chi and converting it to jing or somehow supercharging the production of sperm, I really have no idea though

I have a question.

If your side effect is always that you have nocturnal emissions this should indicate something to you.

I am not sure that I can agree with your conclusion that this result is a positive one.

If you are doing retention, obviously having emission will change the state of your hormonal system. Again I think in general what you are describing is an imbalance.

Craig

I only always get nocturnal emissions when i do this practice close to before i sleep. If I do this earlier in the day nocturnal emissions dont happen. I am not practicing semen retention right now and I ejaculate like once a week on average. I did not come to the conclusion that this practice is positive only that it seems to temporarily relieve some of the issues I have. I only do it very infrequntly and it is not something I do on even a monthly basis. It could very well be an imbalance I create by doing this practice, I am not sure. Everything I have stated about how I think that the emissions are possibly due to the heating of the testes caused by this practice are all merely conjecture on my part and I do not take them as facts. I am just trying to figure out what is going on when i do this practice.

thank you all very much for your thoughtful replies and help

Edited by alexandrov

VCraigP,

Not saying you're wrong, but who says this? Why? What's imbalanced?

If you can be truly aware and honest with yourself and you feel what you are doing is right for you, then maybe it is. I believe that ultimately you know what is right for you, if you are aware enough and will listen. How else was any of these techniques developed anyway?

Or maybe what you are trying to say is that the cold draw takes sperm energy and converts it back to jing to be converted to chi?

Yes, Testicle breathing converts sperm into jing, which are not the same thing. Sperm is made from jing, but is not jing. The goal of testicle breathing is to reconvert that sperm back into the jing from which is was formed. Then you do the cold draw which is to draw that jing into your MCO which then has the effect of converting this jing into chi.

Generally in TCM nocturnal emission is considered a result of kidney yin deficincy. Now I can't see why doing testicle breathing before bed would cause that so what I think it may be is rather than a true kidney yin deficiency it could be a excess of yang thus producing a relative yin deficency. The reason I say this is because male sexual energy is yang, which causes me to suspect that you are not fully completing the converstion process into jing, and thus leaving an excess of male yang sexual energy in your system. If you enter a yang state while awake you can have more conscious control over dealing with it, but if you enter this state before bed then you obviously have less control over it, and the nature of male yang sexual energy is to expand outside the body.

If this indeed be the situation I believe that you would benefit from prolonging the amount of time you do testicle breathing just a little to ensure you complete the converstion process completely, and then be sure to run that jing in your MCO which will help convert that jing to chi. Hope that helps, good luck.

VCraigP,

Not saying you're wrong, but who says this? Why? What's imbalanced?

I'll offer up only that I experienced a few nocturnal emissions when I'd first set out on the road towards extended retention... but that disappeared after 2-3 weeks of grinding and integrating. So, based on that, it seems that my system may have been adjusting to the initial increase in sexual energy and tried to release to balance itself back out to what it had been used to operating on for... years...... but once I was able to get past that trial period, then it seems like my body began to adjust to that heightened level and stopped trying to release during the night..

.. So seems like it could be based on an imbalance, but I really can't say for sure... I just know that it was an issue at first, but it's become a non-issue as I've continued retaining.

balance.

Edited by balance.

Yes, Testicle breathing converts sperm into jing, which are not the same thing. Sperm is made from jing, but is not jing. The goal of testicle breathing is to reconvert that sperm back into the jing from which is was formed. Then you do the cold draw which is to draw that jing into your MCO which then has the effect of converting this jing into chi.

Generally in TCM nocturnal emission is considered a result of kidney yin deficincy. Now I can't see why doing testicle breathing before bed would cause that so what I think it may be is rather than a true kidney yin deficiency it could be a excess of yang thus producing a relative yin deficency. The reason I say this is because male sexual energy is yang, which causes me to suspect that you are not fully completing the converstion process into jing, and thus leaving an excess of male yang sexual energy in your system. If you enter a yang state while awake you can have more conscious control over dealing with it, but if you enter this state before bed then you obviously have less control over it, and the nature of male yang sexual energy is to expand outside the body.

If this indeed be the situation I believe that you would benefit from prolonging the amount of time you do testicle breathing just a little to ensure you complete the converstion process completely, and then be sure to run that jing in your MCO which will help convert that jing to chi. Hope that helps, good luck.

I forgot to mention that I do not do testicle breathing or anything afterwards other then bringing the chi i put into the testes back out and putting it into the dantien. doing testicle breathing or bringing the hot sperm energy up may prevent the emissions when i put chi in the testes at night, i am not sure. But like I said I ejaculate like once a week right now and I dont put chi into the testes very often at night so im not concerned if it causes me nocturnal emissions if on occasion i practice at night. Also I am not trying to practice semen retenion right now. Just to clarify when i say i am putting chi in the testes it is not the same as testicle breathing and the prctice involves putting warm/hot chi from the dan tien down to the testes and increasing it there till the testes get warmer and feel full with chi (only way i really know how to descibe) for at least 15 min at a time.

I think your explaination could possibly explain what is happenig in my case I am not sure, but like i said right now i am just concerned with fixing my prostate/testicle problems before trying retention and the like. In the past i did testicle breahing, the big draw, mco, pranayama to bring hot sperm into the body etc. I had relative suces with all of these except the pc excercises involved in the big draw which caused my prostate probs. Its funny i could do the big draw for long periods in the day but because the pc squeezes screwd up my muscles in the area i could still have emissions but almost nothing would come out.

as a side note matt I just read on another thread your sucess with testicle breathing compared to the hot draw/big draw. I fin this very interesting and i personaly prefer more yin method myself.

thanks for the help

thank you

Alex - no promises but if you try a Chelating food, like the purple pickeled beets found in the market, No absolutes but it cannot hurt.

The theory:

Men retain iron from the water pipes in their blood. Women loose it in their monthly period. The retained iron causes prostrate problems often leading to cancer in men.

If it is the cure -then positive results should begin within a month of the time you began eating the beets. I eat a jar of beets per month. but not every month. Your body needs some iron but too much is not too good.

Being a Chelating food the beets may take out more than just the iron -as in other electrolytes in your system. So- If you feel depressed try a little more salt in the diet - but if the salt tastes bad - discontinue it as the lower salt was not the problem.

Alex your welcome.

I actually just finished my 100 days of cold draw retention training and I have found the before/after results phenomenal, which inculde but are not limited too...

1. Far greater pleasure from much less stimulation.

2. Much greater ... "water pressure"

3. My emotional state is much improved compared as to when I began. This was actually the primary reason I started the 100 days of cold draw retention in the first place. Specifically my sacral and solar plexus chakras have seen a drastic amount of improvement, and thus I feel siginficantly better. Ironically a lot of what caused me to feel the need to retain was a guilt and shame complex related to sex. As these emotions are the primary issues of the sacaral and solar plexus chakras, using this excess jing to help balance those areas was very helpful. I now view sex as more of something to enjoy when its time as opposed to being bi-polar about it i.e. (either get totally obsessed about it to the exclusion of everything else, or avoid it as though it were evil)

4. My energy level while I can't say is as high as an Olympian athlete, is quite improved comapred to when I first began which as feeling fatigued almost constantly.

Alex your welcome.

I actually just finished my 100 days of cold draw retention training and I have found the before/after results phenomenal, which inculde but are not limited too...

1. Far greater pleasure from much less stimulation.

2. Much greater ... "water pressure"

3. My emotional state is much improved compared as to when I began. This was actually the primary reason I started the 100 days of cold draw retention in the first place. Specifically my sacral and solar plexus chakras have seen a drastic amount of improvement, and thus I feel siginficantly better. Ironically a lot of what caused me to feel the need to retain was a guilt and shame complex related to sex. As these emotions are the primary issues of the sacaral and solar plexus chakras, using this excess jing to help balance those areas was very helpful. I now view sex as more of something to enjoy when its time as opposed to being bi-polar about it i.e. (either get totally obsessed about it to the exclusion of everything else, or avoid it as though it were evil)

4. My energy level while I can't say is as high as an Olympian athlete, is quite improved comapred to when I first began which as feeling fatigued almost constantly.

Nice to hear about your progress and improved emotional state!

I also do the cold draw quite often, I have done it two or three times today for instance. It is a nice practise. I like to feel the opening and filling of the point with cold Jing energy. Quite vibrant feelings in the points, and still a quite soft practise. I think perhaps this method should be more emphasised than the big draw.

FD

Sign in to follow this