Sign in to follow this  
Birdoftruth

Dream Yoga question

Hi guys, I recently bought the book Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light. Great book by the way. Well I have a question about something that happened to me. Last night I was lying on my back visualizing a letter "A" on my heart chakra that was glowing white light. I felt my self going through depths of consciousness and I got to this one point to where my back arched and my chest puffed out. The more intense I visualized the white light glowing from my heart the more my chest would bring me upward and forward. I got to where the point to where my torso was arched and forward as much as it could go and then my body was shaking intensely. I am 100% sure this was physical and not like some astral body event as I could still feel my bed against my body. Can someone explain what was happening here?

You are changing the mind at a deep level, and that is interfering with the flows of psychic energy in the body. If you "let go" more, the body will not move as much. I think what you're doing is a good practice.

Hi guys, I recently bought the book Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light. Great book by the way. Well I have a question about something that happened to me. Last night I was lying on my back visualizing a letter "A" on my heart chakra that was glowing white light. I felt my self going through depths of consciousness and I got to this one point to where my back arched and my chest puffed out. The more intense I visualized the white light glowing from my heart the more my chest would bring me upward and forward. I got to where the point to where my torso was arched and forward as much as it could go and then my body was shaking intensely. I am 100% sure this was physical and not like some astral body event as I could still feel my bed against my body. Can someone explain what was happening here?

Ah... excellent! My Rinpoche's book! Yes, what Scotty said is relevant... try to relax into the experience, let go into it. The body arching, or spinal movement is natural when the winds start flowing through it. You are experiencing the power of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoches dream practice Terma or treasures. I've experienced exactly what you are describing, both in and out of bed.

The practice is very good, it's a genuine practice and you should start waking up in your dream space eventually.

The body arching, or spinal movement is natural when the winds start flowing through it.

I've read that Tibetan Buddhists consider these types of movements a deviation of the wind element...

I've read that Tibetan Buddhists consider these types of movements a deviation of the wind element...

Yes, they are revealing deviations. But most people have these deviations, including me, though less and less over the years! So, this type of stuff will happen at first, but when you do the training in yantra yoga, dream yoga, deepen meditation, mudra, mantra, visualization, etc. the energy will integrate and start to travel clearly through the channels, and the experience will be that of a calm and integrated bliss, rather than a powerful rush of alien seeming energy through the system. :D

Yep. Its often called a Kriya, a physical response to an energy/consciousness movement or happening.

It is energy hitting blocks in the system, and starting [via the bodys own innate intelligence] to clear them out.

Just let your body do what ever weird postures/breathing/sounds it wants to. :):D

If it gets worrying at some point post more or PM me, I have helped people for years with this stuff...

Have fun.

Seth.

Sign in to follow this