angelo

Cigarettes

Hi,

I know the way that smoking affects you from a standard western point of view, but I was curious as to the ways it affects you from a traditional Chinese medicine standpoint. Also, the ways that it interferes with internal energy cultivation?

Thanks for any replies...

Hi,

I know the way that smoking affects you from a standard western point of view, but I was curious as to the ways it affects you from a traditional Chinese medicine standpoint. Also, the ways that it interferes with internal energy cultivation?

Thanks for any replies...

I Could be wrong, im sure someone will correct me otherwise.

It makes your lungs to weak, your liver stronger, and by making your liver stronger makes your heart over active.

Ciggarettes have some vitamin D in them, so there's your proof they're slightly good for your liver, its funny because liver is anger.. When you smoke you calm down, because the liver is already getting some of what it needs?

But yeah.. Over active heart,liver, and under active lungs can cause alot of problems.

Lot you don't want to have.

I could be wrong, if there's any bums out there that think so please say so.

I Could be wrong, im sure someone will correct me otherwise.

It makes your lungs to weak, your liver stronger, and by making your liver stronger makes your heart over active.

Ciggarettes have some vitamin D in them, so there's your proof they're slightly good for your liver, its funny because liver is anger.. When you smoke you calm down, because the liver is already getting some of what it needs?

But yeah.. Over active heart,liver, and under active lungs can cause alot of problems.

Lot you don't want to have.

I could be wrong, if there's any bums out there that think so please say so.

Not sure about Chinese Medicine's take on cigarettes, but I'm sure it harms the lungs and the lungs' related functions.

Also, I'm not sure it's false, but I think it's quite hilarious to say that cigs have Vitamin D. :blink:

Not sure about Chinese Medicine's take on cigarettes, but I'm sure it harms the lungs and the lungs' related functions.

Also, I'm not sure it's false, but I think it's quite hilarious to say that cigs have Vitamin D. :blink:

They probably have a few trace vitamins untill the smoker lights them up...

By the way there is one thing all smokers do ::: They Suck ! :excl::excl:

bad and low energy for sure, but after some shamanism sometimes i may smoke smoke some pueblo (natural organic tobacco) to help ground.

Hi.

Smoking is the worst thing you can do on the path of cultivation and spirituality.

Jing is decreased drastically.

Tabacco is very bad for kidneys (leads to kidneys failure due to vasoconstriction of blood vessels) and kidneys are supposed to generate jing in TCM.

Since you need a lot of jing (the basis) in order to cultivate, you will stagnate at the lowest level.

I am a former smoker, I did the test: you need at least 2 weeks free from tabacco to produce high level jing again.

Nicotine seems to be the cause since I tried nicotine chewing gum and my jing was definitly lower.

I am surprised nobody here condemn tabacco as I do.

IMO High level jing is mainly acquired by 100days, sport and no tabacco. There is no esoteric practices at this step of alchemy. Jing to qi and qi to shen is another story.

Edited by nickyro

I think smoking tobacco is definitely horrible. Tons of studies show that.

But maybe tobacco isn't horrible in itself.

I am a former smoker, I did the test: you need at least 2 weeks free from tabacco to produce high level jing again.

How did you test this? What were the signs of producing high level jing?

I think smoking tobacco is definitely horrible. Tons of studies show that.

But maybe tobacco isn't horrible in itself.

How did you test this? What were the signs of producing high level jing?

Well I stopped smoking. 2 weeks is average and is not a precise schedule.

Increased jing:

-No longer trying to GET attention/love/sexuality from others ; Now I can GIVE all of these (not only by stopping cig, i do cultivate too): As a man, when you extremelly lack jing you reverse your energetic behaviour to get energy the way women do.

-Sexuality back to normal. When smoking you have very poor basic sexual desire, with poor sexual energetic sensations and orgasm quality is bad.

Libido is back to something massive if you dont sublimate.

Sometimes I read "when jing is full you have no sexual desire", I think it is wrong and BS: IMO no sexual desire means FULL sublimation or no jing, but not full jing.

-No permanent weakness, tiredness (which made me interested by taoism.)Bad nights, bad mood, bad health...

-Poor energy sensations while practicing (It is qi, but there is no qi if you lack jing)

Edited by nickyro

Haha shiiit well it seems i am the only to still be smoking on the thread. Any person that has smoked for a while can feel its physical effects on their body. And i am not sure how cigs affect energy but i am sure of one thing. My use of cigs shows i am dependent on them. We should not depend on one aspect of nature but the whole itself. When i get angry it makes me want to smoke to calm down, but i should easily be able to do that without the help of something other than me. It must have a negative effect on your energy somehow, because when i think about it, i am still a prisoner to it.

Alfred-

By the way there is one thing all smokers do ::: They Suck ! :excl: :excl:

Hahaha i dont think i have ever heard that. But yes we do, we suck hard and all day

My TCM practitioner says he smoked, but he can use/handle the fire element in the lungs. But then again, this could also be a common self-deception and justification, according to Allen Carr.

What smokers are really useful for is to replace, well, others who used to occupy the same spot in society. We used to have "no colored people" posted in bars and restaurants and on the buses. In fact everywhere where now we have our lovely "no smoking" signs instead. We used to have "no homosexuals in this church" or "this army" or "this family." We used to have all those convenient second-class citizens for all our purposes, and then we lost some of them, but thank god they gave us smokers to compensate for the loss. Surely we have come a long way, baby.

I perveice this as being more cynical than plausible, meaning that I don't see it as a needed satisfaction, creating another second class in society. I think it's just happening because smoking stinks, and it takes a while for these things to get heard, considering the industry lobby and their millions of 'drugged servants'.

I perveice this as being more cynical than plausible, meaning that I don't see it as a needed satisfaction, creating another second class in society. I think it's just happening because smoking stinks, and it takes a while for these things to get heard, considering the industry lobby and their millions of 'drugged servants'.

You are mistaken. The original argument against smoking (presented by King James of the King James Bible) was exactly the one I offered -- it is a heathen practice, coming from people of color who serve the devil.

Since you are in Germany, you may want to research into who exactly launched a new antismoking campaign in the 20th century and on what grounds and with what kind of arguments.

Repeating the repeaters can take one far away from reality. E.g., all the people who say "there's been tons of studies" would be hard pressed to actually produce one -- ONE -- they have personally seen. And if they do, they will be still harder pressed to find an independent source of financing of that study that is not traceable to big pharma. Whose products with which smoking competes too successfully -- addictive antidepressants -- is another trillion-dollar bonus of demonizing smoking... by the way, tobacco companies the perusers of chemical additives to tobacco and pharmaceutical companies are in snug cahoots and sit on the same boards of directors of the same medical establishments creating their policies and strategies together. Did you know that?.. The same people who write about the perils of smoking are the people who slip addictive additives into the smokes... did you know that?..

No need to know anything when it's all chewed up and offered on a platter, with a hate target on the side for all the untoward feelings one's life might generate for whatever reasons. E.g., for the reason of one's unconscious mind knowing that the conscious mind is being manipulated but having no power to do anything about it.

I don't know how Chinese Medicine views the effects of smoking, but I don't see Tobacco as bad. I don't see smoking as bad. What is the problem is how people use tobacco and smoking. Doing so excessively can be harmful, but so can anything.

• Like 1

Repeating the repeaters can take one far away from reality. E.g., all the people who say "there's been tons of studies" would be hard pressed to actually produce one -- ONE -- they have personally seen. And if they do, they will be still harder pressed to find an independent source of financing of that study that is not traceable to big pharma.

Taomeow, I can easily find multiple peer reviewed studies showing how tobacco smoking is harmful. Just do a search for smoking in any database.

Who cares if any study's funding can be traced to "big pharma"? It makes no difference whatsoever when these studies are actually reviewed and published. The results they get are legit.

Are you actually attempting to make the argument that smoking isn't harmful? :blink::wacko:

@Taomeow: For my personal enlightening let me ask: Do you smoke?

For your personal enlightenment:

my mother has been smoking for close to 70 years, so when you et al say "smokers stink" I want to flush the contents of this particular stinking trash can some people have had installed in their mind down the toilet.

Taomeow, I can easily find multiple peer reviewed studies showing how tobacco smoking is harmful. Just do a search for smoking in any database.

Who cares if any study's funding can be traced to "big pharma"? It makes no difference whatsoever when these studies are actually reviewed and published. The results they get are legit.

Are you actually attempting to make the argument that smoking isn't harmful? :blink::wacko:

It matters who finances the study because if the big pharma does, the scientists who don't go along with what the financing party wants proved don't get the financing, or get fired if they fail to produce the prescribed "results."

The argument I'm making is you have been lied to, massively, and manipulated the hell out of. That's the argument I'm making. Whether smoking is harmful is a separate discussion. Being brainwashed is harmful is the argument I'm making. Harmful to self, cruel to others, and overall wrong.

It matters who finances the study because if the big pharma does, the scientists who don't go along with what the financing party wants proved don't get the financing, or get fired if they fail to produce the prescribed "results."

Yes, that does happen for other things...but scientists can't simply come up with their results out of thin air. If they do, it won't be published!

The argument I'm making is you have been lied to, massively, and manipulated the hell out of. That's the argument I'm making. Whether smoking is harmful is a separate discussion. Being brainwashed is harmful is the argument I'm making. Harmful to self, cruel to others, and overall wrong.

It's not a separate discussion...it is the topic of this thread. We're talking about whether smoking cigs is harmful, especially if there are Taoist or Chinese medicine views on it...we're not talking about brainwashing here.

Also, my great grandmother smoked until she was 102. Doesn't mean it was good for her.

For your personal enlightenment:

my mother has been smoking for close to 70 years, so when you et al say "smokers stink" I want to flush the contents of this particular stinking trash can some people have had installed in their mind down the toilet.

There are several interesting things in your reaction:

First, you didn't say whether you smoke, instead you talk about your mother. I don't quite understand why it is relevant to tell me that she smoked nearly all her life.

Secondly, you slightly misquoted me (smokers stink), when in fact I wrote "smoking stinks". And you seemed to not realize the apparent, that is: It was meant literally, and thus both versions are true (my version being more accurate than yours).

And what an irony calling my 'mindset' a stinking trashcan.

You mis-perceived my actions in order to make them more threatening to your mindset concerning smoking.

Now I really suspect you're smoking ... or if not, there's in some way great pain involved regarding your mother and smoking.

All in all, and interesting response. :)

Edited by Hardyg

Herr Freud, you are WAY off.

I didn't tell you if I smoke because I owe you no confessions. If I do I do so proudly, not shamefacedly. If I don't I don't want to undermine my support for those who do by stepping to the safe side of PC. In any event, the "pain" you psychoanalyzed out of -- um, thin air? smoke? -- is in reality involved in observing the proliferation of anti-smoking junta's laws and the behavior of its hired fuhrers and self-appointed enthusiasts. Why it pains me is, in part, because my mother has to go out into the street in February in the middle of a celebration of her golden wedding to have a cigarette. But you need an ulterior motive. You need me to crack up and confess an even more sinister secret. Well, bring on the nail-pulling pliers. Bring on the waterboarding. Bring on the priestly robes and have me whisper my sins into a booth, or however it's supposed to be done. Bring on a forum post? -- nah... you have to take away my choice of what I tell whom and what for first. Wear a uniform or something and you might succeed, but otherwise... :rolleyes:

Wow, try to relax. You're acting like you're waging a war. Your 'strategic secrecy' reminded me a bit of Israel not wanting to say whether they have nukes or not. :rolleyes: Not healthy.

Edited by Hardyg

What smokers are really useful for is to replace, well, others who used to occupy the same spot in society. We used to have "no colored people" posted in bars and restaurants and on the buses. In fact everywhere where now we have our lovely "no smoking" signs instead. We used to have "no homosexuals in this church" or "this army" or "this family." We used to have all those convenient second-class citizens for all our purposes, and then we lost some of them, but thank god they gave us smokers to compensate for the loss. Surely we have come a long way, baby.

Taomeow,

Are suggesting that smokers are their own race or group of people who are being oppressed similarly to homosexuals and colored people? If so I do not get your logic, smoking is a choice which I would say has been proven to be an unhealthy habit. No one is born a smoker so it is unfair to compare smokers to homosexuals or people of color. I believe the only reason there are no smoking signs and designated smoking areas is because smoking affects the people around them, who may not wish to be inhaling toxic fumes. One can argue that natural tobacco free of chemicals would be healthier to smoke than say a a regular cigarette, nevertheless it would still be unfair to force non-smokers to have to breath in second hand smoke.

I'm not sure if tobacco or smoking is bad, but the tobacco and cigarettes made by corporations ARE FOCKING EVIL.

Seriously. Stay away from them. They are designed to create addicts and slowly terminate them.

Ya, being here in the U.S, I just can't stand the the smell of cigarette smoke, its just sickening :wacko: . However I lived in Italy for a month with an Italian family, which was an awesome experience; but my point is that everyone I saw who smoked did not use american brand TRASH, they actually rolled up premium tobacco which smelled really good when they smoked it. I even took a few puffs to try it and it had a pretty good taste, however smoking is not for me. I think its just amazing the kind of toxins our government allows its citizens to consume for example I just read this article My link about a new pesticide just approved for usage on strawberries despite it is a known carcinogen known to cause cancer in mice and rats :o , even more reason to by organic.