RongzomFan

Is This The Truth About Kundalini?

Is this the truth?

http://www.forums.as...php?f=10&t=2602

Is Max Kunlun stuff fraud?

Taoist seminal retention is bollox?

Buddhist tummo is bullshit?

Did i miss something? - Why are you placing an opposing negative emphasis on Tummo, Kunlun or the Reverse Method in comparison to the article? - Any authentic emptiness cultivation system will trigger Kundalini naturally along the process development.

nice link, i thought it was interesting it says you should first astral project before trying to raise kundalini. and importantly it is good to have a good teacher to help you.

I love this love letter to the Femenine: Kundalini as the Universal Communion...

Edited by Ulises
  • Like 3

Short answer: Not for those who get them to work. In each case there are people who get excellent results.

Medium answer: I find Kunlun is an easy exercise and a nice addition to a meditators practice as something totally different. Retention can be problematic, but lots of traditions call for it. If done you should probably be actively in and watched by an experienced teacher within the tradition. Tummo is fascinating, not easy, but as winter is coming its a life skill that makes sense. I've done a bit of tummo with KAP. Personally I've had so so results, but others get pretty hot. I think its a matter of practice, practice practice. Some give up because its not for them, others give up too early.

Michael

I love this love letter to the Femenine: Kundalini as the Universal Communion...

so it is :)

having said this

I sincerely feel that this man below is speaking about an even later and more mature stage perhaps not even dependent upon but probably faster forced upon state through kundalini awakening and subsequent struggle and suffering;

and yes I am totally in line with those who do not recognize kundalini as a force that goes up from and thorugh the perennium and up the spine.It IS an electro magnetic current that declines and ascends through nadis and chakras, trimming and tuning all the energy centers. http://www.newbrainn...ce_of_Awakening

and the way it overtakes you it may feel like somethin is taking over/taking control and it literally does. but no `thing` hits your perennium. it is the shakti or kundalini force that vibrates, takes control and coordinates. I will continue to underline it does NOT go up the spine, but inside closer to the core of the body. think of the dan tien point lying slightly angled inside the body little lower than the navel..this point is activated and seems to be an ignition point.

Edited by rain

I can't imagine a better internal description of kundalini and a better grasp at what it's purpose is. He infers that K-active folks are receivers of energy, constantly flowing. He refers to it as a vibrating consciousness which makes its presence known and is the eternal source of creativity.

Just a quick story. My husband and I were rear-ended by a car about 5 years ago. I had studied various translations of the Tao Te Ching for approx. 15 years at that point. He had been on the Castaneda shamanic path for many years at that point. We had both been 12-steppers for many years. After the accident, we both "became" kundalini active thereafter (me, about two weeks later. Him, about 6 months later). Mine is more immediate and constantly with me all the time. His comes and goes.

The point is, he didn't have an artistic bone in his body before that. Now, he is a wonderful artist that carves and dremels, and the ideas flow out of him. In my case, I had played the piano (by reading music) since I was about 6. But I've never been able to play by ear. Now....not only do I play by ear, but I "hear" the arrangement of the piece as I'm playing it. The piece comes out beautifully and differently each time. I play at some of the local restaurants / coffee houses in the area. No sheet music, just the music I hear in my head.

This is directly attributable to activated kundalini energy; this is my experience, this is my belief, this is my Knowing. We never went out seeking it but it found us; apparently at some level we were ready. But I think more important even than reading the Tao for 20 years or him studying Castaneda, was the fact that we arduously worked the 12 steps of the recovery program. For those who aren't familiar with the purpose of the steps, it is to uncover your real self and let it shine through by removing our character flaws. This process can only enhance any spiritual path that one may choose.

• Like 1

According to Robert Bruce, unless one has experienced a fist sized very physical "thing" go up your perineum, sloshing your internal organs around, experience the brow strobe flash etc., you have NOT experienced kundalini.

Not every energy movement is kundalini.

So called "masters" don't know shit about kundalini.

Edited by alwayson

According to Robert Bruce, unless one has experienced a fist sized very physical "thing" go up your perineum, sloshing your internal organs around, experience the brow strobe flash etc., you have NOT experienced kundalini.

So called "masters" don't know shit about kundalini.

Yes, the bright white camera flash light seems to be a good indicator that your K's about to blow soon... :lol:

fireworks.jpg

Troublesome indeed, since this attempts to polarize people on paths into yet another "I've got it/had it and you don't/didn't" session.

Sessions which I respectfully suggest are just about as BS as it comes, and ironic (I'd laugh if it weren't quite so serious at this level here) when you contemplate the "point" of "awakening consciousness" at all. No I won't get into what the point is. It's your consciouness and your point. :wub:

And all while providing no or little practical help to people who may very well be undergoing transformations in consciouness and don't understand WTF is going on because once and again some "expert" has decided to take over the conceptual reigns to tell us what's "really" going on.

Gah.

Is the path the following?

Step 1. Realize nature of mind using Hinduism OR Buddhism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzogchen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaivism

Step 2. Raise kundalini

http://www.forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2602

Step 3. Practice thogal till rainbow body is obtained

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzogchen#Rigpa_and_Rainbow_Body

Edited by alwayson

I thought you were sarcastic at first, but then I clicked on your link.

Good Stuff!

No, I've read and heard of this phenomenom before numerous times now - usually preceding a kundalini awakening..
when evening came, I sat in meditation as usual and was tranquilized in meditation. I didn't know how long time had passed when suddenly a white light flashed in the room and seemed to have brightened up the whole room. I opened my eyes in surprise and didn't see anything unusual. I closed my eyes again and realized that it was not a common light, but a good phenomenon of Qigong practicing, for I then remembered what Yan Xin said in his book about the white light which was not to be afraid of and the appearance of which was normal and a good thing. I didn't know that I had on that day made a critical step into the spiritual sphere through Qigong. Supernormal capabilities entered into me starting from that point on, just as described in Yan Xin's book.

I can't imagine a better internal description of kundalini and a better grasp at what it's purpose is. He infers that K-active folks are receivers of energy, constantly flowing. He refers to it as a vibrating consciousness which makes its presence known and is the eternal source of creativity.

Just a quick story. My husband and I were rear-ended by a car about 5 years ago. I had studied various translations of the Tao Te Ching for approx. 15 years at that point. He had been on the Castaneda shamanic path for many years at that point. We had both been 12-steppers for many years. After the accident, we both "became" kundalini active thereafter (me, about two weeks later. Him, about 6 months later). Mine is more immediate and constantly with me all the time. His comes and goes.

The point is, he didn't have an artistic bone in his body before that. Now, he is a wonderful artist that carves and dremels, and the ideas flow out of him. In my case, I had played the piano (by reading music) since I was about 6. But I've never been able to play by ear. Now....not only do I play by ear, but I "hear" the arrangement of the piece as I'm playing it. The piece comes out beautifully and differently each time. I play at some of the local restaurants / coffee houses in the area. No sheet music, just the music I hear in my head.

This is directly attributable to activated kundalini energy; this is my experience, this is my belief, this is my Knowing. We never went out seeking it but it found us; apparently at some level we were ready. But I think more important even than reading the Tao for 20 years or him studying Castaneda, was the fact that we arduously worked the 12 steps of the recovery program. For those who aren't familiar with the purpose of the steps, it is to uncover your real self and let it shine through by removing our character flaws. This process can only enhance any spiritual path that one may choose.

Thanks for sharing manitou.

I've had a simular experience although I didn't realize it untill I read your post.

I had been reading and practicing "The Five Tibetans, as written by Christopher S. Kilham" but did not have the 'kundalini risings' untill I was in Hawaii -where the only transportation I could find was my bicycle and 'The Bus' -where I would meditate while riding the bus Hawaii's Bus: (They have a Bike Rack :P ) As is common with bus rides- they are a bit bumpy and the seats are -very firm- to the point of shaking up the spine... Afterwards I began practicing music - which I atributed to leveling out my extreme right brain mechanical skills with an artistic approach. I now play the ocarina, vessel flute and recorder. (all are easy to carry with my travels.) I also carve faces and animals that I see in the grains of driftwood.

Nice to meet someone with like experiences.

Thanks to all for sharing ;-)

One thing that resonates with me-When I was quite young-maybe 8 or 9-I was playing with 2 girls I knew in their back yard. I had a crush on their sister. (I'm a guy).

I remember this peculiar, gleeful, joyous feeling washing over me as I saw a very visible (to me only) golden amber light shine down-sort of within me-from just above my head, going down. It only lasted a moment or two. I cant really put into good words how it made me feel/how I felt about it.

Years later, I remember reading about a figure in Hindu mythology or history-Krishna maybe-and something about him dancing with some girls and something similar. When I read that, it reminded me of the time I felt that light.

I don't know what to make of my experience, but I have had a few powerful experiences, and for me, What's important is that they were mine, as much as anything can be.

I really enjoyed that vid.

Thanks again.

There's another type of kundalini energy too - I guess it's probably the same thing, just in a slightly different form - that comes out of the ground, up through your feet, and up your legs. This energy is wildly powerful, it's only happened to me a couple times - once when I did a healing ceremony on a cancer survivor, once when I was handing a pair of metal-toed workboots to another lady; we were both jolted by the energy and we were doing nothing spiritual or metaphysical at all. I was just handing her the boots. The wild pins and needles electricity came up through the floor, up the legs, across the boots, into her hands, and down her legs back into the ground. She is a psychic woman and things like that tend to happen to her too.

I know there are methods for working with this ultra dynamic kundalini energy (assuming that it is the same thing in a stronger form) but I don't know them. The stuff that goes on in my body is strange enough. But I keep hoping it'll return for healing ceremonies - but it hasn't yet.

There's another type of kundalini energy too - I guess it's probably the same thing, just in a slightly different form - that comes out of the ground, up through your feet, and up your legs. This energy is wildly powerful, it's only happened to me a couple times - once when I did a healing ceremony on a cancer survivor, once when I was handing a pair of metal-toed workboots to another lady; we were both jolted by the energy and we were doing nothing spiritual or metaphysical at all. I was just handing her the boots. The wild pins and needles electricity came up through the floor, up the legs, across the boots, into her hands, and down her legs back into the ground. She is a psychic woman and things like that tend to happen to her too.

I know there are methods for working with this ultra dynamic kundalini energy (assuming that it is the same thing in a stronger form) but I don't know them. The stuff that goes on in my body is strange enough. But I keep hoping it'll return for healing ceremonies - but it hasn't yet.

Chakra relationships that help to focus energies - color and crystals

High energy events often suck energy up the legs.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/healing/heart-center-healing.html

Edited by alwayson
  • Like 1

Yes and No. It is truly HIS experience. However as he himself says. His knowledge of Kundalini does not come from any specific tradition. So he may be only talking about HIS understanding of an energy he calls Kundalini.

The problem here is that Kundalini has become a catch all phrase for any energy experience. So, just because someone has an experience with energy does not mean it is kundalini. He talks about raising kundalini several times. This is not traditional yogic understanding of Kundalini. It may be energy he is raising, but according to yogic understanding it is not kundalini.

Why?

Kundalini is directly connected to levels of maturity. each of the chakras are spiritual levels of development, not energetic. any energy effects from raising kundalini is purely coincidental. When a person learns major life lessons deep in their spirit that fundamentally changes their life, this raises the Earthly (feminine) spiritual energy residing in the base of the spine (kundalini). Most people (and many yogis even) do not understand that Yogic practices are designed to enhance personal, psychological awareness. When this occurs, the awareness within everyone's kundalini rises and meets a "granthi" or knot at the level of each chakra. In order to release the knot and open the Chakra, one's awareness (Level of psychological maturity) must be permanently changed. this opens the particular chakra and kundalini flows into that chakra. It is a permanent phenomenon reflecting the new maturity level of the individual. If an energy is raising, then falling, then raising again, it may be a very real energy force. So, I am not trying to minimize it. However, according to traditional yogic understanding, it is not kundalini. When kundalini moves, it is permanent and the individual may not have any physical sensations whatsoever.

If someone is truly interested in Kundalini, I recommend seeking out a practitioner of Yogic mysticism.

No.

Most of the time it is done improperly in an incomplete scenario and accomplishes very little or nothing at all. Best to only be practiced under the guidance of a qualified master.

I have no idea because I know nothing about it...

• Like 1

However, according to traditional yogic understanding, it is not kundalini.

I am in contact with ACADEMICS (Ph.D's in eastern studies) who have written about what traditional kundalini is all about using the oldest texts we have available in critical translation. Robert Bruce's account is the closest by far to what the traditional understanding of kundalini is.

Now what YOU are describing is based on Carl Jung's nonsense theories. Hardly traditional.....

Edited by alwayson

There's no kundalini, there's just karmas and awareness. When the light of awareness falls upon the unconscious, all sorts of things start happening, and this can happen through various ways. Awareness illumines our archetypes, and hidden patterns, both positive and negative. If kundalini were truly an intelligent and conscious force, as if there was an independently intelligent conscious force behind the universe, then it would be a lot smoother. The thing is, is that it can be awakened through shaktipat, as in the decent of awareness from a highly aware being and if they are connected to a good lineage with also high up beings on other dimensions (deities), then things can be a lot smoother, due to being protected by these polarizing beings as forces of protection. So for some it can seem like an intelligent force, but really it's just a whole bunch of high beings connecting with you depending upon your karmic and archetypal makeup either consciously, subconsciously or unconsciously.

But so many people aren't ready to become aware of their unconscious stuff, so when they have kundalini awakening (awareness illuminating hidden karmic [causes of] baggage) their life goes to crap and they end up in psycho wards and lots of negative things happen landing them in a hell realm.

So really, it's just the light of awareness illuminating karmas... that's it.

All the other mumbo jumbo is just subconscious projection and wishful thinking, clinging to a self or Self of all, or clinging to a formless identity as ultimate...

This gets mighty complicated as we are very complicated in all our layers. Though it's all simply dependently originated and empty of any sort of inherent existence at all.

P.S. I was born and raised in a Shaivite Kundalini Yoga lineage with all the classical experiences of so called kundalini. So, I'm not some nut talking without experience. I've experienced all that stuff written about in the Irena Tweety books and Play of Consciousness, and I've read so many books on Kundalini and experienced so many amazing things. But it's just awareness illuminating karmas.

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 2

There's no kundalini, there's just karmas and awareness.

How do you know?

By the way, who is suggesting kundalini is an intelligent force?

Kundalini raises when the chakras are manipulated correctly, as described by Robert Bruce.

Edited by alwayson

How do you know?

Just investigate. Have your own realization... I'm just sharing mine based upon a long, deep, look and a stepping back from all my assumptions and conditioning.

Noone is suggesting that kundalini is an intelligent force. It is simply a result of manipulating the chakras of the body in the right way.

Yes, all paths that mention that phenomena as Kundalini suggest that it's an independently intelligent force. It's in all the texts that mention it through that term.

Chakras are just a spin polarization of karmic energy visualized as wheels or inter-dimensional vortexes. They are manipulated through awareness.

• Like 1