JohnC

Couple practices

Does anybody have any recommendations for couple practices? Books or the like?

I'm just got internal alchemy for couples from Chia. Is it any good/bad?

Thanks,

John

Does anybody have any recommendations for couple practices? Books or the like?

I'm just got internal alchemy for couples from Chia. Is it any good/bad?

Thanks,

John

Meditate outside. Books - Embryonic Qi gong, and Root of chinese qi gong.

Both good books.

Meditate outside. Books - Embryonic Qi gong, and Root of chinese qi gong.

Both good books.

Those are indeed good books... but for dual-cultivation and esoteric, artful lovin?

John C:

Definitely look into Douglas and Slingers "Sexual Secrets: The Alchemy of Ecstasy" .. There was a blurb about it in one of Dr. Morris' books.. awfully happy I tracked it down as it doesn't disappoint... A ton of information in there... Highly recommended.... and did I mention that its lavishly illustrated too? :lol:

...and I can't speak on Sexual Alchemy for Couples (Though I'm downloading it right now :ninja:), but I have found Chia's "The Multi-Orgasmic Couple" to be beneficial, though I wish it went into greater technical depth with regards to the actual alchemy... It seems to be a bit more plain-spoken and technique-based.. Not that that's a bad thing, but it just left me wanting more. Nonetheless, I continue to find it helpful and would suggest you give it a go if Sexual Alchemy for Couples doesn't seem comprehensive enough... Though the two combined may be great... So you'll have to let me know how the book goes down, as it was only the dvd I was able to find online.. Pity.

best.

balance.

Those are indeed good books... but for dual-cultivation and esoteric, artful lovin?

John C:

Definitely look into Douglas and Slingers "Sexual Secrets: The Alchemy of Ecstasy" .. There was a blurb about it in one of Dr. Morris' books.. awfully happy I tracked it down as it doesn't disappoint... A ton of information in there... Highly recommended.... and did I mention that its lavishly illustrated too? :lol:

...and I can't speak on Sexual Alchemy for Couples (Though I'm downloading it right now :ninja:), but I have found Chia's "The Multi-Orgasmic Couple" to be beneficial, though I wish it went into greater technical depth with regards to the actual alchemy... It seems to be a bit more plain-spoken and technique-based.. Not that that's a bad thing, but it just left me wanting more. Nonetheless, I continue to find it helpful and would suggest you give it a go if Sexual Alchemy for Couples doesn't seem comprehensive enough... Though the two combined may be great... So you'll have to let me know how the book goes down, as it was only the dvd I was able to find online.. Pity.

best.

balance.

I read Couples practices for "A Couple Practices, that are useful".

Whoops :lol:

I read Couples practices for "A Couple Practices, that are useful".

Whoops :lol:

Haha-- you had me scratching my head, wondering just how the hell I could have glanced over Dr. Yang expounding on the finer points of sexual practice and dual cultivation in those books :lol:

It'd certainly be something though if he were to put out a book on such a topic... -_- Ahh well..

balance.

Haha-- you had me scratching my head, wondering just how the hell I could have glanced over Dr. Yang expounding on the finer points of sexual practice and dual cultivation in those books :lol:

It'd certainly be something though if he were to put out a book on such a topic... -_- Ahh well..

balance.

Hahah.

Yeah honestly who better then him? He's released very detailed, theoretical titles that I've liked. There's plenty of points I don't 100% agree with but he definitely tries, and is a very smart man.

I'd be really interested if he did write such a book.. Im looking foward to his tibetan book that's soon to be published. ^_^

Couple practices are taught in KAP 2, highly recomended B)

as for books I really like Art of the Bedchamber: The Chinese Sexual Yoga Classics Including Women's Solo Meditation Texts - Wile It's a collection of classic Chinese texts on Taoist esoteric sexual practice. I particularly like it as you can see the goals (health, immortality etc) change over time. That helps make sense of why there are different practice methods out there.

The kunlun book does have one and i'd say kunlun is a pretty interesting system worth investigating. However I believe that "sex" from an energetic point of view doesn't have to be physical. I believe that it's only a physical habit because we've become so desensitized that it's the only way we could arouse the sexual energy.

Drew Hempel, who unfortunately is no longer posted for an indefinate period of time. also posted saying that he felt that "sex" was an energetic process where the male take a female's sexual energy and gives the female his "chi" resulting in a mutual climax. This was a nonphysical event. However for our species to continue we do have the biological function of ejaculation, but i don't believe it's meant to be used for pleasure unless ejaculation can be a choice (which it can). As for ways to prevent ejaculation from occurring you could use tantra, retention methods, or (according to Viktoras Kulvinskas a raw food "guru") a raw foods diet high in chlorophyll and enzymes; it's his claim that when your body is alkaline, detoxed and re-enzymized that ejaculation becomes "unnessecary" and male multiple orgasm ensues (which I don't believe drains sexual energy).

Honestly in terms of sexual energy I believe alot of it has to do with your mindstate. For example if your having sex with a woman and you have lust in your heart then your energy is going to be centered in you genital region and that type of energy will multiply. If when you have sex you're doing so with love in your heart then your energy is focused in the heart area and can actually spread to other areas. It's been said that dual cultivation or use of sexual energy arousal is faster than celibacy but more dangerous because it requires control of ones mind and emotions. I believe it's said that at the time of orgasm the energy present in your body multiplies. Now if that energy is "good" energy like love, compassion, etc then it works fine, but if you have lust, jealousy, greed, pride or any other "lower" energy at the time of orgasm then it multiplies THAT energy which can be detrimental. This is all just what i understand based on my studies.

Although they say, "when your jing is full you won't think of sex" so I think that regardless the goal is to transcend sex as it's a great tool early on but loses it's importance as the higher practices are learned. Personally I don't really think of or crave sex from strict adherence to a personalized self-made style of livinng based on all the things that affected my desire for it. Celibacy works great (build sexual energy until it naturally moves upward to the heart), but if you have another then make sure you love her, and don't have sex when your angry or emotionally imbalanced. Think of sex as a meditation, make sure your mind is clear and your heart is full of love. In this way when you experience orgasm the sexual energy (from the lower centers) is transformed into love energy which feeds the heart. Then when you mix in wisdom you can start having fun :)

Best of Wishes

-Astral

i think alot has to do with the 2auras that are coming together, and the "shared karma" - if one does a "technique" with 2 different girls (or boys) then the results will be different for sure.

www.waykiwayki.com

Michael Lomax writes about a method in his lightwarrior book that no one else that we are aware of (I think) teaches in the west. You can mayby take a few private classes with the KAP people to learn sexual stuff from KAP 2 without doing KAP? I like DIane Richardsons books and so does everyone else it seems. Hert aproach is kind of female centric though and she mentions that there is another form of tantra that is more reliant on the male but that is more difficult. MY hunch is that the male reliant version is more satisfying to the female as they almost always seems to find male leadership in sex more arousing and it presumably creates a more powerfull yang state in the man. THat`s just speculation though and I am on the look for something to read about male "led" tantra.

YOu could also ask Set Ananda and Vajradhira as they both have practices a lot of quite advanced tantra.

I know a teacher within this system. From waht I can tell through her it seems quite serious and good:

http://www.schoolofawakening.com/tachyon-facilitators.php

From Chia and your own spontaneous experiences, you'll know about exchanging..

In terms of playing around together, the Slinger one quoted above is good and a complement to it is Sexual Energy Ecstacy by David and Ellen Ramsdale.

Both of those have variety in them - nice ideas - and should last you a long time, long enough that you wont need a book anymore.. or you could write one.

In terms of complexities of what to do with sexual energy using the upward draw together, and explaining what it does for you internally to reach the high places and stay there, I only know the Chia book for women, cultivating sexual energy. I think it is very good, really... and probably nothing else is needed.

Of course you might want to read other books for fun, but the ones above give you what you need.

A very enlightening book is Tantric Love, Feeling vs Emotion by Diana and Michael Richardson. Helps couples to get along better.

And a lovely book is Tantric Quest by Daniel Odier, a beautiful account of how Odier discovered Shivaic Tantrism via meeting a female yogi in the Himalayas. It gives you a flavour way beyond the mechanics of it all, deep into the territory of discovering the divine by going beyond your limits in love and sex.

• Like 1

However, what about all the bums who are the sole cultivator in their households? What simple advice can we offer to enhance their loving, intimate relations?

Respect your partner's wishes if they choose not to be into cultivation.

Anyway, my point was that most couple practices don't even work right if you haven't put in the time and effort yourself. For instance, someone mentioned the kunlun partner practice...if people are very sensitive they may notice a little bit, but you really have to be devoted to your own practice, and achieve a certain level in order for it to finally work.

So for this reason I said one must be a self cultivator first before being a dual cultivator. Common sense, but yeah I was basically just making a joke. :)

Self cultivation. :lol:

Hi Scotty. :) I hear you. However, what about all the bums who are the sole cultivator in their households? What simple advice can we offer to enhance their loving, intimate relations?

Respect your partner's wishes if they choose not to be into cultivation.

Anyway, my point was that most couple practices don't even work right if you haven't put in the time and effort yourself. For instance, someone mentioned the kunlun partner practice...if people are very sensitive they may notice a little bit, but you really have to be devoted to your own practice, and achieve a certain level in order for it to finally work.

So for this reason I said one must be a self cultivator first before being a dual cultivator. Common sense, but yeah I was basically just making a joke. :)

I'd say that of course you shouldn't force the significant other to cultivate... In my experience, by just allowing the times you spend with your lover to reflect the work you are doing in your practices provides powerful incentive for the dipping of toes..

In terms of dual-cultivation... The more energetically dependent exercises definitely require both parties to be on the level...

..... but that doesn't at all mean that you can't begin to transform simple sex into something much more by bringing taoist attitudes and practices to bear... Perhaps this is easier initially when it's the male whose the only cultivator in a relationship (as I am), as just basic aptitude of ejaculation control begins to allow for the inclusion of much, much more... By demonstrating how thinking about and practicing sex differently can allow for a much greater range, length and variety of pleasure, you give your lover incentive to begin pursuing some of the basic practices themselves that lead naturally to intimate expression.

And, speaking outside of esoterics, just brushing up on and changing basic sex technique in general can transform a rather dull love-life into something far more interesting and satisfying... like breaking out of your preferred cycle of positions and expanding the variety there... and also digesting books like She Comes First and integrating them into your own lovin groove ;) ...

But I think the most important ingredient for me has just been realizing that the pleasure of your partner is more important than your own.. Or rather, it's much better to give than to receive.. with the bedrock provided by that ideal framing your actions, everything changes.

ALL I AM GONNA SAY BE, SEX BE NOT JUST ABOUT IDDLE PLEASURIN ONESELF. SUMTIMES, YA EITHER GET DA MAGIC AT DA EXPENSES O PLEASURIN, OR YA GET IDDLE PLEASURIN AT A EXPENSES O MAGIC.THOSE TIMES, I CHOOSE DA MAGIC.
-- Ron Jeremy.

Far better to go with the magic. :)

balance.

Edited by balance.

I'd say that of course you shouldn't force the significant other to cultivate... In my experience, by just allowing the times you spend with your lover to reflect the work you are doing in your practices provides powerful incentive for the dipping of toes..

In terms of dual-cultivation... The more energetically dependent exercises definitely require both parties to be on the level...

..... but that doesn't at all mean that you can't begin to transform simple sex into something much more by bringing taoist attitudes and practices to bear... Perhaps this is easier initially when it's the male whose the only cultivator in a relationship (as I am), as just basic aptitude of ejaculation control begins to allow for the inclusion of much, much more... By demonstrating how thinking about and practicing sex differently can allow for a much greater range, length and variety of pleasure, you give your lover incentive to begin pursuing some of the basic practices themselves that lead naturally to intimate expression.

And, speaking outside of esoterics, just brushing up on and changing basic sex technique in general can transform a rather dull love-life into something far more interesting and satisfying... like breaking out of your preferred cycle of positions and expanding the variety there... and also digesting books like She Comes First and integrating them into your own lovin groove ;) ...

Far better to go with the magic. :)

Everything you said was just yes! She Comes First is a wonderful book, and having a positive attitude and practice is often the best incentive you can give a partner to begin cultivation. Lead by example!