Non

Breaking Through the Barriers of Darkness: Recognizing the Cult of Qigong for What It Is

Exactly, what is your point?

I just couldn't believe how long and detailed these documents are.

The second one is of a person who became "corrupted" from Yan Xin qigong.

My guess is his heart wasn't in the right place. He became so powerful that he became corrupted. It's clear his main motivation for learning qigong was to see how powerful he could become. Much like Kung Fu.

Edited by Non

-From what i briefly read it would seem the problem isn't the practice but the motivations people have and how it is used: "seeking power"and siddhis in order to gratify their ego and manipulate others through "cults".

-I have had nothing but positive experiences with Qi Gong and meditation.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

My view is that every opinion based on experience is legitimate and worth considering. Maybe there actually are some negatives with qigong-type arts, depending on how you look at things. Maybe our opinions will change later as we gain more experience.

I just couldn't believe how long and detailed these documents are.

The second one is of a person who became "corrupted" from Yan Xin qigong.

My guess is his heart wasn't in the right place. He became so powerful that he became corrupted. It's clear his main motivation for learning qigong was to see how powerful he could become. Much like Kung Fu.

Actually, it is the same account on both sites by the same anonymous poster.

Now, you'd think that if "it is said that there are over 80 million Chinese who practice a variety of qi-gong" - and qigong was really so dangerous - we'd read a lot more horror stories from actually-identified sources?

Instead, we get just 1 account from 1 anonymous source out of 80 million?

Hmm... :D

I don't doubt that you can "zouhuo" in qigong...as you can in many activities. But I think it's quite a stretch to extrapolate just one bad experience to an entire ancient movement. Not just a stretch, but a very unethical scare tactic.

Besides, this dude basically admitted that he was chasing powers - which is commonly warned against from the start. Definitely a good cautionary tale, though! B)

• Like 1

It is important to take objective facts and experiences into consideration.

But like statistics, experiences can be used to legitimize pretty much any view.

"China For Jesus" doesn't exactly seem like an objective source of information, to say the least. :o

Maybe all our mopai wannabe pals on here should learn about the dangers of only seeking power.

This is to Non aswell.

It all depends on the individuals motives.

If they're looking all for power and no self change (In Belief systems, morals) then yes, things like this will happen.

Whether it be hurt themselves by being incredibly selfish.. or being so Obsessed with an idea that you follow what anyone tells you in that field (no matter how much a joke that anyone is).

I Don't think it's exactly a great thing to put down these people you call "mo pai" wana be's though. Being that alot of them I'd imagine in the end are trying to end up at the same route.

Much like fearful people following anything they see on tv having to do with politics.

You can look at it with only two sides, but there's much more.

For the people who are filled to the brim with evil, and who tend to lack character, such as many Southern Baptist ministers, they will find that opening themselves up will be like opening Pandora's Box, and will most likely succumb to their own inner demons.

Interesting idea, haven't thought about that before. Good call.

How does he know? Rhetorical question of course.

Anyway, saying that yoga is demonic is wrong. It's actually a path of those who choose to face their demons down, to make themselves better.

For the people who are filled to the brim with evil, and who tend to lack character, such as many Southern Baptist ministers, they will find that opening themselves up will be like opening Pandora's Box, and will most likely succumb to their own inner demons.

So it's probably best that they remain on their current path of speaking falsely.

Their primary emotion is fear and their obsession is to have their followers wallow in fear to the nth. degree. Misery loves company!

When looking at cults, it's better to learn and observe behavior, as cults can manifest themselves anywhere, regardless of their religious/spiritual affiliation.

That said, even some institutionalized religions border on cult tactics- reliance on a group, having a single leader who is the only one capable of doing anything, insulting members or seeking to otherwise tear them down in order to get them to follow the leader.

One could argue that Christianity follows these tactics (only through the Church can one find salvation, only the priest has the tools necessary to instruct and lead people on a spiritual path, people are inherently sinful and weak, so any attempt to do things on your own will just lead you straight to hell, so only path is to follow a priest), but you could also make the argument for other areas as well.

I think what happened with the second case, is that he just got too powerful and never thought to consciously cultivate compassion and kindness. It obvious that too much power when unchecked can cause corruption, therefore one would have to consciously cultivate compassion and kindness.

The three principles of Taoism are: Love, Wisdom, and Power

-All three are supposed to be cultivated together in order to balance each other out and prevent corruption.

-Unfortunately some people only cultivate power, but any imbalance of the three can lead to trouble.

The three principles of Taoism are: Love, Wisdom, and Power

-All three are supposed to be cultivated together in order to balance each other out and prevent corruption.

-Unfortunately some people only cultivate power, but any imbalance of the three can lead to trouble.

YES!! I've been saying this for years (only like 2 though :P ).

Wisdom without Love or Power is depression. Love without Wisdom or Power is helpless. Power without Love or Wisdom is destruction.

Love and Power without Wisdom is Blind and leads to regret. Love and Wisdom without Power leads to frustration. Power and Wisdom without Love is unfulfilling and meaningless.

but yea the stereotypical Christian attacks anything that doesn't conform to what they believe is "right". It's sad but...I mean what can be done?

"It is very easy to blindly accept or blindly refute any notion. It takes true courage and devotion to the truth to explore the matter fully, bringing to light all that it consists of"

Breaking Through the Barriers of Darkness: Recognizing the Cult of Qigong for What It Is

http://www.chinaforjesus.com/resources/qigong/chap1.htm

FREED FROM QIGONG THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST: A CHINESE CASE STUDY

http://www.lausanne.org/all-documents/chinese-case-study.html

crazy...

Qigong is not a religion. It would be just as ludicrous to say:

FREED FROM JOGGING THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST

Qigong is not a religion. It would be just as ludicrous to say:

FREED FROM JOGGING THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST

This is silly.

If you Really Believe, Jesus will make you healthy without jogging.

Instead of jogging around like a pagan fool, Read your goddamn' Bible!!

:lol: