Sign in to follow this  
Dusk

Hello All

I only started looking into Taoism last week, but I'm really interested in starting to follow it. I've started reading the Tao Te Ching and I read some articles, watched some videos on it, and got this account. I'm still somewhat confused by some of the ideas but I'm starting to get it.

I'd like to meet some people and maybe get some advice on starting out. :)

The philosophies are certainly invaluable... But I think it's important to jump in and start practicing so that you can begin to develop your own, experiential lens.

Have you started looking at various paths yet? While there are many many out there, the three that seem to attract the most attention here are Spring Forest Qiqong (www.springforestqiqong.com) / Kundalini Awakening Process (www.kundaliniawakeningprocess.com) and Kunlun (www.kunlunbliss.com)

All are suited towards different temperaments, but all are effective in their own right... I think it's important to experiment and test the waters initially to see what feels best to you... but eventually, you'll have to commit to really make progress.

... and there is also of course simple meditation... Something along the lines of shikan-taza or vipassana.... Both are powerful, simple, and considered paths themselves... But they can also provide valuable assistance to more energetic paths like those mentioned above.... Explore.

best.

balance.

Mm, I neglected to include Stillness-Movement as one of the practices seen more regularly here... (www.stilnessmovement.com) .... The teacher, Michael Lomax, is also a tao bum... "Ya Mu"

balance.

Thanks for the welcomes Pilot and Rene! :D

And thanks a lot for those pathways Balance.! I honestly had no idea there were pathways, I just kind of thought you kept attempting it until you really felt the teachings or something. I'm reading up on all of them now.

Thanks for the welcomes Pilot and Rene! :D

And thanks a lot for those pathways Balance.! I honestly had no idea there were pathways, I just kind of thought you kept attempting it until you really felt the teachings or something. I'm reading up on all of them now.

Don't mention it :)

There should be pretty extensive threads on each of those practices already in the taobums archives... So, you'd do well to run a search on any of the practices you have questions about. There is some really good information hiding here and there.

balance.

Sign in to follow this