Jetsun

So Kunlun Nei Gung

I know there has been a lot of threads on this in the past and I have searched through many of them including one which was about sixty pages long for a proper discussion of the method, but unfortunately almost every other post in the threads has been deleted or edited for some strange reason by the people discussing it and they are full of drama and paranoia rather than any decent discussion of the actual practice, also it appears like it is now impossible to register on the official Kunlun forums so discussion there is impossible to get answers to questions.

So out of curiosity I tried the technique for a while and I do have to admit it is powerful but what id like to know is are many of the people who began the practice years ago still practising it and why?

How do you think it actually frees you from your patterns and cleanses you? can it unite the fragmented parts of yourself and how does it do this?

From my own experience it appears to create a deep relaxation on the instinctual level and because it begins with a relaxation lower down in your body that creates a downward "water" flow, but my concerns is that so much of the change which seems to happen due to this method appears to be unconscious, what I mean is that in more normal meditation methods you consciously witness your patterns unfold and experience much of the change consciously, whereas with this method so much appears to be done without awareness, you can even listen to music while doing it. For example when I did the method for a few days I would get some strong physical reactions and some pleasant feelings but then all the psychological stuff appears to only unravel only in my sleep and in my dreams rather than consciously in my practice. After doing this method I would sleep for many more hours (sometimes making me late for work) and almost always wake up at 3-4am in the morning for a while, which suggests that there is much stirring up of psychological stuff but on a deep unconscious level.

I guess what im asking is whether this is normal for things to work themselves out this way which sort of feels like a cleansing without much of your conscious awareness involved? perhaps there is a stage when your awareness connects with what is being stirred up in your subconscious? Hopefully this thread will focus more on the method rather than the fuss around the guru or criticisms talked about in other threads.

What I've gleamed about kunlun is that what max talks about it may be 100% bullshit.

That the practice is from Jenny lamb, and she is the only person qualified and able to speak about what it does and how it does it.

I still practice daily for an hour, and have been for a year and a half, but I've stuck with level 1 because my gut says so.

Regardless it's been very powerful for me, and I've moved into deeper and deeper awareness about conciousness, connection with self, and just in general developed a ton of awareness. Like that the thoughts are just a by product of the emotion, let go of the emotion, and the questions and issues clear. That all suffering is by choice. To be more present at all times. That knowledge is great, but doesn't matter so much as your connection to your self, like it's just something to placate your self so you feel comfy in doing what your about to, wisdom being the key, etc etc. And when I hold it my eyes naturally look to that inner spot in the mind or whatever... the pineal gland I guess.

Like all those things the meditators talk about I've come to through the practice of it.

It seems like vipasssana super powered.

Regardless, if I'm hurting emotionally, or hung up about stuff emotionally, I practice and it clears up.

I like it a lot.

John

JohnC,

What I've gleamed about kunlun is that what max talks about it may be 100% bullshit.

That the practice is from Jenny lamb, and she is the only person qualified and able to speak about what it does and how it does it.

Max tells stories, but a lot of what he says is true, in my experience.

"Kunlun level one" (a practice) is one part of Kunlun Nei Gung (a system). Max's system. To learn the actual system you have to find a facilitator, or preferably go to one of the Primordial Alchemist foundation courses. I've found that the way of practicing is quite different from the book, or the public seminars. A lot of changes were made to it which make it much more advanced.

Jenny Lamb's version is called "yi gong" and it's almost entirely different from what we do. It is where the kunlun practice originated, but it's not the same thing anymore. Due to various disputes and confusion, the level 2 and 3 practices have recently been removed from Kunlun Nei Gung.

There is word of a new book being written by Max, which will clear things up...

What this all boils down to is: the current book is a very basic introduction to some of these methods, but if you want to continue on your path, you need to see the teacher of your choice (or both, to compare). The two teachers are very different, as are their methods and the results you will get from their practices.

Jetsun,

also it appears like it is now impossible to register on the official Kunlun forums so discussion there is impossible to get answers to questions.

The Kunlun Forum was just recently deleted, due to inactivity as well as some pretty strange negativity from a couple of people.

So out of curiosity I tried the technique for a while and I do have to admit it is powerful but what id like to know is are many of the people who began the practice years ago still practising it and why?

I still practice it. Took breaks here and there, when I wasn't into it. I think it's really good to follow your intuition...if you feel drawn to it, then your practices may go very well.

Taking a break from it simply makes it more powerful. I only practice for a few minutes at a time. You may notice after a while of practicing that doing more isn't necessary, and actually doesn't give as good of a result.

My real focus is on other Kunlun Nei Gung practices...

How do you think it actually frees you from your patterns and cleanses you? can it unite the fragmented parts of yourself and how does it do this?

Well, I think it is a very good practice for opening you up, and making every other practice work faster. But what I've found to be more powerful in doing all of those things you mentioned is I-Jong (the standing posture).

From my own experience it appears to create a deep relaxation on the instinctual level and because it begins with a relaxation lower down in your body that creates a downward "water" flow, but my concerns is that so much of the change which seems to happen due to this method appears to be unconscious, what I mean is that in more normal meditation methods you consciously witness your patterns unfold and experience much of the change consciously, whereas with this method so much appears to be done without awareness, you can even listen to music while doing it. For example when I did the method for a few days I would get some strong physical reactions and some pleasant feelings but then all the psychological stuff appears to only unravel only in my sleep and in my dreams rather than consciously in my practice. After doing this method I would sleep for many more hours (sometimes making me late for work) and almost always wake up at 3-4am in the morning for a while, which suggests that there is much stirring up of psychological stuff but on a deep unconscious level.

Very good observations. I have noticed the same things. For resolving stuff consciously, try more I-Jong.

I guess what im asking is whether this is normal for things to work themselves out this way which sort of feels like a cleansing without much of your conscious awareness involved? perhaps there is a stage when your awareness connects with what is being stirred up in your subconscious? Hopefully this thread will focus more on the method rather than the fuss around the guru or criticisms talked about in other threads.

At least what I've found is that the key is really the breath. When you practice breathing in the right way, your energy will be flowing effortlessly and subconscious mental images and feelings will appear and easily vanish (unless you wanted to contemplate them for some reason). Just relax more and have the breath be more gentle, and you will end up doing it right.

Good to do in I-Jong, or sitting on a zafu with your palms on your knees. It seems boring in comparison to the kunlun practice, for instance, but it's important to balance yourself and disengage the mind and emotions. If you are constantly doing the kunlun practice, the unconscious baggage is simply piling up and slowing you down. If you come into balance, then you can once again have powerful practices.

These are all just my opinions at this very moment...constantly changing. :lol:

Edited by Scotty

I still practice daily for an hour, and have been for a year and a half, but I've stuck with level 1 because my gut says so.

Regardless it's been very powerful for me, and I've moved into deeper and deeper awareness about conciousness, connection with self, and just in general developed a ton of awareness. Like that the thoughts are just a by product of the emotion, let go of the emotion, and the questions and issues clear. That all suffering is by choice. To be more present at all times. That knowledge is great, but doesn't matter so much as your connection to your self, like it's just something to placate your self so you feel comfy in doing what your about to, wisdom being the key, etc etc. And when I hold it my eyes naturally look to that inner spot in the mind or whatever... the pineal gland I guess.

Like all those things the meditators talk about I've come to through the practice of it.

It seems like vipasssana super powered.

Regardless, if I'm hurting emotionally, or hung up about stuff emotionally, I practice and it clears up.

I like it a lot.

John

I was scared to click on this thread but to my surprise this turned out to be the most practical and realistic post about Kunlun practice yet.

Thank you for keeping it real

JohnC,

Max tells stories, but a lot of what he says is true, in my experience.

"Kunlun level one" (a practice) is one part of Kunlun Nei Gung (a system). Max's system. To learn the actual system you have to find a facilitator, or preferably go to one of the Primordial Alchemist refinement courses. I've found that the way of practicing is quite different from the book, or the public seminars. A lot of changes were made to it which make it much more advanced.

Jenny Lamb's version is called "yi gong" and it's almost entirely different from what we do. It is where the kunlun practice originated, but it's not the same thing anymore. Due to various disputes and confusion, the level 2 and 3 practices have recently been removed from Kunlun Nei Gung.

There is word of a new book being written by Max, which will clear things up...

What this all boils down to is: the current book is a very basic introduction to some of these methods, but if you want to continue on your path, you need to see the teacher of your choice (or both, to compare). The two teachers are very different, as are their methods and the results you will get from their practices.

Got it.

Is level 2 and 3 what Jenny lamb teaches or what Max created?

Thanks,

John

Levels 1-2-3 are from Jenny. For the past couple of years they were part of Kunlun Nei Gung, but recently were removed. Now there is just the kunlun practice, which is barely similar to yi gong.

Levels 1-2-3 are from Jenny. For the past couple of years they were part of Kunlun Nei Gung, but recently were removed. Now there is just the kunlun practice, which is barely similar to yi gong.

So.... what does the Kunlun practice consist of, then?

I've got the book, which gives instructions on Kunlun with three levels- this is from Jenny Lamb, and is now out of the Kunlun?

I know you said there's a new book supposedly coming out, but I'm just wondering, what does the actual Kunlun practice consist of?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Sloppy Zhang,

From my limited understanding...

If people are practicing from the book, that is good enough. I'm not here to tell anyone they're doing anything wrong. I don't know! They are getting effects. It's up to them and what they feel is correct (not what they think is correct)...

If they want to go deeper, they should continue their studies in person. I highly recommend continued learning in Kunlun, while at the same time treasuring what you have, and mastering the basics.

Not to be overly secretive (this isn't a closed system), but these practices are very special and should remain so by being private, and taught personally. That's just how I feel, as a fellow student. It makes it better for everyone.

Sloppy Zhang,

From my limited understanding...

If people are practicing from the book, that is good enough. I'm not here to tell anyone they're doing anything wrong. I don't know! They are getting effects. It's up to them and what they feel is correct (not what they think is correct)...

If they want to go deeper, they should continue their studies in person. I highly recommend continued learning in Kunlun, while at the same time treasuring what you have, and mastering the basics.

Not to be overly secretive (this isn't a closed system), but these practices are very special and should remain so by being private, and taught personally. That's just how I feel, as a fellow student. It makes it better for everyone.

Thanks for the response :)

So.... what does the Kunlun practice consist of, then?

I've got the book, which gives instructions on Kunlun with three levels- this is from Jenny Lamb, and is now out of the Kunlun?

I know you said there's a new book supposedly coming out, but I'm just wondering, what does the actual Kunlun practice consist of?

It's very similar to the Hungarian Stew. You can put anything you want in it and nobody knows exactly what's gonna happen at the end. Romance, Passion, D E S I R E .... Overclock your meridians, quadruple your Qi, Standing, sitting, moving meditation, fascinating spontaneous movements that can be easily filmed and awesome sensations, cool energies going up your spine and of course for sure opening your third eye, How Cool is That!!!

And if you are serious about it and lucky your entire arm will just dissipate and you might even become a R A I N B O W. And then there are a lot of secret things: Phoenixes and Golden Flowers and Five elements and of course you use the most updated terminology like: Nei Gung which is entirely different from Qigong but it might take you a while to understand the difference. But once you understand that it's like having a permanent and eternal orgasm. And if you want, but it's not mandatory, you could change your name a little bit, make it sound slightly tibetan but you don't always use it and you can wear a nice bathrobe instead of your normal clothes.

And that's pretty much it. You can teach others if you want, because the main idea is of course to help others. And you smile and look at people with kindness, don't say much. Move slower, meditate, thank God for everything. Awareness. Kumbaya........yeah dude, Kumbayaaaaaa

Edited by orb
  • Like 1

Due to various disputes and confusion, the level 2 and 3 practices have recently been removed from Kunlun Nei Gung.

patterns are repeating

Hold the presses - its been said here before that only Level 1 comes from Jenny and that Jenny does not teach the level 2 and 3 from her system (something to do with nobody getting there yet)... so now 1, 2, and 3 are from Jenny?

Thanks for the replies they are all very helpful. What you say about Jenny Lamb is quite interesting, it is quite hard to find any of her teachings publicly available but I found this recent interview with her which I thought was pretty good

she seems to emphasise awareness a lot in her teachings which feels right to me and also says things like forget about powers and third eye stuff and focus on wisdom and compassion. I dont really want to get into comparing gurus in competition as each has their legitimate style but was wondering if anyone is a student of Jenny and knows if there is any difference between the way she teaches the basic Kunlun level 1 exercise compared to Max? She doesn't have a book out does she? If Max published a new book I would be very interested in that too as I live in England so seeing a teacher is not likely right now so I have to try make the most of what information I can.

-O-,

Hold the presses - its been said here before that only Level 1 comes from Jenny and that Jenny does not teach the level 2 and 3 from her system (something to do with nobody getting there yet)... so now 1, 2, and 3 are from Jenny?

This is from her website:

Yi Gong is one of the highest Taoist Maoshan esoteric practices. Its system includes two aspects, spiritual and physical. The spiritual aspects have not been revealed to the public. The physical aspects include three levels, spontaneous adjustment, celestial master points the way, and great water fall.

So the three levels have been taught through her.

I recall hearing this as well.

I don't know about when it changed, when (or whether it's been there the whole time) she started laying out her own practices and all, but from my recollection, Level 1 was Jenny's, but then Max came in and supplemented it by providing levels 2 and 3.

So, yeah, interesting to hear these new developments but.... the story keeps on changing, and that's a bit disconcerting.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

but from my recollection, Level 1 was Jenny's, but then Max came in and supplemented it by providing levels 2 and 3.

Nope.

Levels 1-2-3 are from Jenny, as is said on her website. Max learned them, and after some years, and put them in his book. He didn't add them or create them.

patterns are repeating

It matches what is taught in the kunlun book, at least in description.

Thanks for the replies they are all very helpful. What you say about Jenny Lamb is quite interesting, it is quite hard to find any of her teachings publicly available but I found this recent interview with her which I thought was pretty good

she seems to emphasise awareness a lot in her teachings which feels right to me and also says things like forget about powers and third eye stuff and focus on wisdom and compassion. I dont really want to get into comparing gurus in competition as each has their legitimate style but was wondering if anyone is a student of Jenny and knows if there is any difference between the way she teaches the basic Kunlun level 1 exercise compared to Max? She doesn't have a book out does she? If Max published a new book I would be very interested in that too as I live in England so seeing a teacher is not likely right now so I have to try make the most of what information I can.

Jenny seems extremely solid to me. I really like her philosophy and style. She encourages everyone to make the path on their own.

Emailed her and she was pretty cool.

She's supposed to be making a book

John

It's very similar to the Hungarian Stew. You can put anything you want in it and nobody knows exactly what's gonna happen at the end. Romance, Passion, D E S I R E .... Overclock your meridians, quadruple your Qi, Standing, sitting, moving meditation, fascinating spontaneous movements that can be easily filmed and awesome sensations, cool energies going up your spine and of course for sure opening your third eye, How Cool is That!!!

And if you are serious about it and lucky your entire arm will just dissipate and you might even become a R A I N B O W. And then there are a lot of secret things: Phoenixes and Golden Flowers and Five elements and of course you use the most updated terminology like: Nei Gung which is entirely different from Qigong but it might take you a while to understand the difference. But once you understand that it's like having a permanent and eternal orgasm. And if you want, but it's not mandatory, you could change your name a little bit, make it sound slightly tibetan but you don't always use it and you can wear a nice bathrobe instead of your normal clothes.

And that's pretty much it. You can teach others if you want, because the main idea is of course to help others. And you smile and look at people with kindness, don't say much. Move slower, meditate, thank God for everything. Awareness. Kumbaya........yeah dude, Kumbayaaaaaa

WTH...? :glare:

Who is so d***b to believe this new-age shit?

A good Nei Kung system that will lead you to success is all about hard work, investing time, energy, sweat and tears! It's about dedication and training for hours everyday! Ask John Chang, Jim McMilan or Gary Clyman. A good Nei Kung system will give you back what you invest, there is no instant-coffee having-fun way to success in energy work! This site is going downhill more and more since guys like procurator (Wu-Liu Pai School)aren't here anymore. He knew what he was talking about!

If you want the most precious thing that a human can get then you have to EARN it with HARD WORK for a long long time!

Yeah, I guess Max is like Jesus (or Sri Chinmoy): Just believe in him, open yourself to hi "energy" (nothing else than reiki or prana)and he will do all the work for you lazy weaklings!

Hahaha!

A good Nei Kung system that will lead you to success is all about hard work, investing time, energy, sweat and tears! It's about dedication and training for hours everyday! Ask John Chang, Jim McMilan or Gary Clyman. A good Nei Kung system will give you back what you invest, there is no instant-coffee having-fun way to success in energy work! This site is going downhill more and more since guys like procurator (Wu-Liu Pai School)aren't here anymore. He knew what he was talking about!

If you want the most precious thing that a human can get then you have to EARN it with HARD WORK for a long long time!

Yeah, I guess Max is like Jesus (or Sri Chinmoy): Just believe in him, open yourself to hi "energy" (nothing else than reiki or prana)and he will do all the work for you lazy weaklings!

Hahaha!

Wow....

Just...wow... :blink:

Oh and your pic too...wow.. :lol:

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Hahaha!

I dunno if you knew this but....

I'm fairly certain orb was being sarcastic.... :mellow:

Wow....

Just...wow... :blink:

Oh and your pic too...wow.. :lol:

I did upload that pic only to demonstrate that I know a little bit about dedication, hard work and self-restriction, that's all.