mewtwo

godmen and siddhis?

So um just saw a thing about godmen and that got me thinking um have the siddhis mentioned in like the yoga sutras of patanjali are some of them fake like to works of godmen? Or is this one of thouse things we dont know?

So um just saw a thing about godmen and that got me thinking um have the siddhis mentioned in like the yoga sutras of patanjali are some of them fake like to works of godmen? Or is this one of thouse things we dont know?

They're real, but during the time that the PJS was written, was a time where there wasn't TV, video games, guns... such things as this, so a yogi was really able to give their entire day or/and night (other than begging for scraps of food) to deep yogic practices, and attain amazing states of mind and body that would blow the vast majority of normal humans minds into a lunatic asylum. None of these Siddhis really lead to true insight into the nature of things by themselves though.

They're real, but during the time that the PJS was written, was a time where there wasn't TV, video games, guns... such things as this, so a yogi was really able to give their entire day or/and night (other than begging for scraps of food) to deep yogic practices, and attain amazing states of mind and body that would blow the vast majority of normal humans minds into a lunatic asylum. None of these Siddhis really lead to true insight into the nature of things by themselves though.

PJS? What's that?

I have to laugh but this sounds exactly like how I want to become. Consciousness is an adventure in itself.. and those who take deep journeys into it are the most hard core adventurers. You can take no one with you. And when you come back all words fall flat of the true experience. Most people think that it is impossible to find adventure going full lotus and just emptying out the mind.. it is a lonely sojourn.

I really dont exactly like "enlightenment" per-se because there is an enormous amount of clingingness to it wherever you go in spiritual especially new-agey circles etc. Its like, "we HAVE to become enlightened! we absolutely HAVE TO!!".. "what WRONG with you don't you feel the need to be enlightened?!?".

For me its not something worth chasing after. Its like whenever I hear talk of enlightenment people have bleeding hearts and an unnatural amount of clingingness and desire that fruitions into pain. Most people have that unhealthy clinging to something they havent experienced. talk of spiritual people when they havent even mastered a core concept of spirituality; needyness and clingingness create suffering.

To me its always been about being present, practicing what i practice, and just forgetting about the rest.

I have to laugh but this sounds exactly like how I want to become. Consciousness is an adventure in itself.. and those who take deep journeys into it are the most hard core adventurers. You can take no one with you. And when you come back all words fall flat of the true experience. Most people think that it is impossible to find adventure going full lotus and just emptying out the mind.. it is a lonely sojourn.

I really dont exactly like "enlightenment" per-se because there is an enormous amount of clingingness to it wherever you go in spiritual especially new-agey circles etc. Its like, "we HAVE to become enlightened! we absolutely HAVE TO!!".. "what WRONG with you don't you feel the need to be enlightened?!?".

For me its not something worth chasing after. Its like whenever I hear talk of enlightenment people have bleeding hearts and an unnatural amount of clingingness and desire that fruitions into pain. Most people have that unhealthy clinging to something they havent experienced. talk of spiritual people when they havent even mastered a core concept of spirituality; needyness and clingingness create suffering.

To me its always been about being present, practicing what i practice, and just forgetting about the rest.

It's good to have a guide who is adept at guiding. Otherwise we have a tendency to fool ourselves, especially in the higher levels of spiritual realization. I fool myself all the time. :blush: