RyanO

Do you believe in magic?

I'm mostly agnostic to the magic paradigm. More open minded since I've been hanging out on the bums and reading some of the works of Rawn Clark and other Hermetics.

If its real, its a difficult skill needing much discipline and talent. Still there are internal magics, within the body, dream work etc. that can be obtained through steady work. They may open the door to other things.

My thinking about spirits run along the same line, most being various internal voices..but somethings that bump in the night, really are bumping. The world may be stranger then what we know, yet real life is chop wood, carry water.

Michael

Change is what we create may it be that bump in the night or that red light you ran. Everything we do we have choices so make the right choice or you will pay the piper. Do What Thy Will, Love Is The Law, Love Under The Will. rings true. Move Slowly, Cloud

Edited by Cloudhand

I'm mostly agnostic to the magic paradigm. More open minded since I've been hanging out on the bums and reading some of the works of Rawn Clark and other Hermetics.

If its real, its a difficult skill needing much discipline and talent. Still there are internal magics, within the body, dream work etc. that can be obtained through steady work. They may open the door to other things.

My thinking about spirits run along the same line, most being various internal voices..but somethings that bump in the night, really are bumping. The world may be stranger then what we know, yet real life is chop wood, carry water.

Michael

Yup, I'm right there with agnostic attitude. I have great respect for the possibility that there are real entities but haven't personally experienced such things.

I've studied some Bardon and Crowley, some Chaos Magic, etc., but mostly work with Healing Tao stuff which I consider a kind of Taoist magic. And I've benefited greatly from it.

But again mostly internal and nothing that would confirm any power I have to 'change' external reality.

Change is what we create may it be that bump in the night or that red light you ran. Everything we do we have choices so make the right choice or you will pay the piper. Do What Thy Will, Love Is The Law, Love Under The Will. rings true. Move Slowly, Cloud

Nice. You follow Crowley's work?

Not sure I believe we can do things like change red light or use our concentration to create parking spaces. The Silva people and Christopher Penczak both use the Three fingers technique to find parking spaces an they say it works! Hey worth a shot I guess :P

Though I will say I've tried it and have had good results, but nothing to make me believe it had any 'real' effect.

I don't know if I believe in magick, but I know that it's possible to project energy into people. I was watching a Santi remote healing video last night, and the healing energy jumped right into my enlarged clavicle, into my shoulder socket that has been causing me pain for over a year, and down my arm. It felt similar to how it feels when a doctor gives you a shot in the ankle to relieve the pain-- It hurts and feels like you are being pumped full of liquid.

I'll let you guys know if I receive the 1 million dollar prize that I've summoned to me.

Nice. You follow Crowley's work?

Not sure I believe we can do things like change red light or use our concentration to create parking spaces. The Silva people and Christopher Penczak both use the Three fingers technique to find parking spaces an they say it works! Hey worth a shot I guess tongue.gif

Though I will say I've tried it and have had good results, but nothing to make me believe it had any 'real' effect.

Everything we do is a intentional act. So my point is we have cause and effect. Any thing else is black magick. What we do we must keep the ego intact and not let it roam free. So what I said about running a red light is, if you do that and get caught you will pay the price or even crash. Move Slowly Cloudhand ps; I study tai chi I have been a student of Crowley's work on yoga and magick and raga yoga, and I have studied zen and tao.

I don't know if I believe in magick, but I know that it's possible to project energy into people. I was watching a Santi remote healing video last night, and the healing energy jumped right into my enlarged clavicle, into my shoulder socket that has been causing me pain for over a year, and down my arm. It felt similar to how it feels when a doctor gives you a shot in the ankle to relieve the pain-- It hurts and feels like you are being pumped full of liquid.

I'll let you guys know if I receive the 1 million dollar prize that I've summoned to me.

Remote healing, very cool! I wonder what the mechanism is, how much is placebo/your own energy vs actual energy from the healer. Does it transfer through the video, or is it like a vibrational resonance beyond the bounds of space/time?

I realize things work even though we don't know how, kind of like how a car engine works. But I would love to know more about the mechanism of such things.

Everything we do is a intentional act. So my point is we have cause and effect. Any thing else is black magick. What we do we must keep the ego intact and not let it roam free. So what I said about running a red light is, if you do that and get caught you will pay the price or even crash. Move Slowly Cloudhand ps; I study tai chi I have been a student of Crowley's work on yoga and magick and raga yoga, and I have studied zen and tao.

I also tend to think it is important to be cautious and virtuous.

But I'm not a big fan of ego language, as if I need to deny myself of something. In your opinion, is it wrong to try to use a spell to get something material? Maybe a new job or lover?

What specifically, in your opinion, is black magic and what's so bad about it?

Chaos magicians use black magic to break through the duality of good and evil.

Magick?

Because we are more than we believe...

And able to be more than we know...

Who is to say that the nature of reality does not bend to our will?

I believe there are those that, however they explain it,

are able to mold, and create change in the world.

I believe they are us...

and we create the change

in our reality everyday.

We make reality by the thoughts we project.

Peace!

• Like 1

I don't think you can compare hypnosis with magic. I've practiced self-hypnosis for years and I understand that there are some rituals (especially in qabbalism) that actually use self-hypnosis as a means to foster things such as out of body experiences, but it's not the result of magic.

Aaron

Magick?

Because we are more than we believe...

And able to be more than we know...

Who is to say that the nature of reality does not bend to our will?

I believe there are those that, however they explain it,

are able to mold, and create change in the world.

I believe they are us...

and we create the change

in our reality everyday.

We make reality by the thoughts we project.

Peace!

I dig your vibe :)

I don't think you can compare hypnosis with magic. I've practiced self-hypnosis for years and I understand that there are some rituals (especially in qabbalism) that actually use self-hypnosis as a means to foster things such as out of body experiences, but it's not the result of magic.

Aaron

Very true. Western magicians often use hypnosis to get into a trance state where effective magic happens. I didn't mean to imply that it was the result of magic.

I do believe in magic in the sense of Ya Mu's, (As above as below law). I think that by influencing the spirit level, the influence can then trickle down into the physical level, which we claim is "magic"; and I believe through spiritual arts such as qigong, one can better learn how to manipulate the spirit level. I think by using this law, this is how native american shamans have summoned rain and how healers can perform miraculous healings. This is just my interpretation and understanding of it.

I also tend to think it is important to be cautious and virtuous.

But I'm not a big fan of ego language, as if I need to deny myself of something. In your opinion, is it wrong to try to use a spell to get something material? Maybe a new job or lover?

What specifically, in your opinion, is black magic and what's so bad about it?

Chaos magicians use black magic to break through the duality of good and evil.

http://hermetic.com/crowley/aa/ go here for A A Crowley's works. This is where to start to build your foundation. Chaos Magick a waste of time and to seperate between Black or White Magick. Black Magick is driven for yourself or against other people. White is for helping or healing see Scot Cunningham. Grey Magick now is another thing see a good buddy of mine Donald Micheal Kraig he was influence by Crowley. I know every one is going to say Chaos Magick is the thing ala Pete Carrol and Ray Sherwin but to many traps and snares. If you where the artist Austin Ossman Spare with his Chaos Magick ok he got it, but he was a student of Crowley. There is no short trip to your Holy Guardian Angel and always banish Choronzon. Move Slowly, Cloudhand