Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

So many qigong systems!

http://www.roaringlionpublishing.com/store...egory_Code=PTX2

Anyone have an opinion on this accupoint locator? How about Peter Granger? I noticed he is very well like by the Ken Cohen camp. Did you know Cohen has a falling out with his own mother? LOL!

Also, anyone try out Dr. Sha's stuff, from the free videos on there, it looks pretty good from the free vids?

Well, there is sooooooo many qigong systems, I just want to learn them all! I guess that is unhealthy in a way, but also leading to the best health!? We shall see!

Edited by GrandTrinity

Anyone have an opinion on this accupoint locator? How about Peter Granger? I noticed he is very well like by the Ken Cohen camp. Did you know Cohen has a falling out with his own mother? LOL!

Also, anyone try out Dr. Sha's stuff, from the free videos on there, it looks pretty good!

Well, there is sooooooo many qigong systems, I just want to learn them all! I guess that is unhealthy in a way, but also leading to the best health!? We shall see!

Earlier today I was going to post and had to leave and somehow the above got posted.......Sorry!.........Anyway, as far as all the different Chi kung systems go, I heard there are literally hundreds of styles from many lineages.........I've practiced Chia's system, presently do Zhan Zhuang(standing practice) and am looking into CFQ healing.....It can be confusing trying to evalute which one has the most benefits for an individual.........There are only so many hours in a day along with just living one's life and I think if you are looking into various forms, the order of the day is to "have fun"!

I whole-heartedly agree!

However, I envision a more comprehensive qigong library where we can get access to all the wisdom, that would be sweet! Not that I desire it or anything, but itd be sweet!

My two cents worth - find one you like and stick with it.

Learn it well do it for a while before you learn another.

Dig one well deep.

I remember in one of the posts here - don't recall who it was from-

the poster said he couldn't wait to make up his own qigong :lol:

Might have been you :lol:

I used to buy a different book each week and then realized that I have yet to fully utilize most of the

techniques that I have learnt, I have decided to stick with Yin Yoga and one other meditation. I think the

key to good results is simplicity and consistency.

DanC

i'm interested in creating my own chi kung.

not to sell.... but just for me.

and updating or changing it to suit whatever i need at any particular time.

i think that is healthy.

My two cents worth - find one you like and stick with it.

Learn it well do it for a while before you learn another.

Dig one well deep.

I remember in one of the posts here - don't recall who it was from-

the poster said he couldn't wait to make up his own qigong :lol:

Might have been you :lol:

Mythmaker: I had a teacher once who answered when asked about his vast knowledge on such a variety of topics: "I read a little bit of everything and meditate alot on the little I read. " (paraphrase)

I tend to agree with you on this one. Until you've fought through your successes and failures, likes and dislikes of a system and achieved some level of mastery you only add to the confusion by incorporating other systems. Maybe some people have success with this approach but I know that the human tendency is to do only those practices that we like to do and as such we end up losing out on many of the benefits of those practices we shun. Just my 2.

I dont know, thought it'd be fun... good point about digging the well.

I personally feel: save the money!

If you know the "cun"-systerm of measuring points you can find them without a locator... if you further consider ashi reactions & maybe even have feeling of energy... most locators are just throw-your-money-away devices...

just my 2 cents

Harry

Sign in to follow this