Sign in to follow this  
surfingbudda

Power of Feng shui

So what are you guys feelings about feng shui? Is Feng Shui originally a taoist concept?

Do you guys feel feng shui is an important aspect in benefiting proper chi flow? I know certain places I've been definitely hold different energies than others, some have great energy while other have a sense of bad energy( like walmart :lol: ).

Also I'm just curious, I wonder if in China, entire towns or cities are designed or planned around the concept of feng shui?

I base my life on the outcome of the axis between my instinctual intuitive constructions and their enduring outcome. This is of course to say that reflections are not solely subjective. Personal subjective assumptions are weighed upon both appearant frequency as well as symbolic logic and thus constantly trialled. Like bat signals ;0)

In addition I like to listen and gather information..so..to your informationthere are a few interesting threads on fengh shui here if you searchi..Taomeow I believe has contributed.

I just popped in since I am looking at a fossil right now, alledgedly from Himalaya, it is a mollusk and it is said to have most fortunate feng shui properties..and is shaped like the golden mean. :)

Edited by rain

So what are you guys feelings about feng shui? Is Feng Shui originally a taoist concept?

Do you guys feel feng shui is an important aspect in benefiting proper chi flow? I know certain places I've been definitely hold different energies than others, some have great energy while other have a sense of bad energy( like walmart :lol: ).

Also I'm just curious, I wonder if in China, entire towns or cities are designed or planned around the concept of feng shui?

Yes

I've read where Donald Trump uses it to lay out his buildings in New York City

Trump Feng Shui

To make a long story short - Chinese culture is based on experience and achievable, well planed objectives.

Feng Shui was discovered by farmers planting crops..

Edited by Alfred E

Do you guys feel feng shui is an important aspect in benefiting proper chi flow? I know certain places I've been definitely hold different energies than others, some have great energy while other have a sense of bad energy( like walmart ).

In my studies of the subject, Feng shui is relatively reliable in terms of the benefits that are observed and gained through its application in day to day settings. Though I have also seen that Feng Shui has an interesting similarity to Vastu Shastra, which is an Indian method of removing obstructions to energy and harmonizing one's surrounding environment. Feng Shui seems to me more fluid and applicable to scenarios which are fluid and changing constantly, whie Vastu seems to be for environments that are more clear cut and succinctly defined.

So while I would say that Feng Shui is certainly Taoist in its setup and in its practices, I wouldn't necessarily say that Feng Shui grew out of Taoism as a branch per se. But in any case, I have seen multiple instances in which feng shui (when applied properly) has helped the person(s) who took the initiative to apply feng shui to their spaces :)

Also I think it would be great if anyone here knows about the use of Feng Shui in China today for urban planning and building as well, as I am not well versed in the subject. It would seem that the older style of architecture was more permitting of feng shui concepts than newer, more western inspired buildings are - but that's just my two cents.

In my studies of the subject, Feng shui is relatively reliable in terms of the benefits that are observed and gained through its application in day to day settings. Though I have also seen that Feng Shui has an interesting similarity to Vastu Shastra, which is an Indian method of removing obstructions to energy and harmonizing one's surrounding environment. Feng Shui seems to me more fluid and applicable to scenarios which are fluid and changing constantly, whie Vastu seems to be for environments that are more clear cut and succinctly defined.

So while I would say that Feng Shui is certainly Taoist in its setup and in its practices, I wouldn't necessarily say that Feng Shui grew out of Taoism as a branch per se. But in any case, I have seen multiple instances in which feng shui (when applied properly) has helped the person(s) who took the initiative to apply feng shui to their spaces :)

Also I think it would be great if anyone here knows about the use of Feng Shui in China today for urban planning and building as well, as I am not well versed in the subject. It would seem that the older style of architecture was more permitting of feng shui concepts than newer, more western inspired buildings are - but that's just my two cents.

An example of modern use of feng shui for qi-level warfare is, e.g., the Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong -- a structure designed to radiate sha' qi at all its neighbors, competitors, constituents, everybody and everything outside it, cutting them down energetically. The style of futuristic expressionism in architecture was developed for this specific purpose (you'd be surprised what an "architect" is esoterically... "builder," "mason," all that jazz...). Whenever you see angular, prismatic, sticking-out, asymmetrical, mirror surfaced, sharp, taller-than-thou structures in the environment, you are looking at militarized feng shui.

Of course feng shui is a taoist science (I mean the real thing, not the mickey mouse versions popularized for public consumption) -- it is based on hetu and luoshu, like all taoist sciences.

Mother ancient China = Daoism = Feng Shui. For example the entire Forbidden City.

fc1c.jpg

fc2z.jpg

I used to guard that awesome place near the Emperor, talking about immortality while enjoying tea drinking...but that was another lifetime. ;)

Anyway, as TM mentioned, you can find examples of structures built using FS principles. I like buildings that let dragons to get through from the hills down to the bay:

38428711.jpg

However whenever I can I take advantage of Gaia's power spots. I grew up on this one:

pedriza1.jpg

pedriza2.jpg

pedriza4.jpg

What an awesome place. Full of energy and so harmonious. :)

Daoism was born in the mountains away from humanity and its suffering.

Wow, these are pretty epic photos IMHO B)

And I also think that I'm beginning to get a good understanding of what types of structures use feng shui in their design :)

To put it in negative terms, poor Feng Shui can be very unhealthy.

On the other hand, Qigong practice should help strengthen one's personal vibration to a level where poor feng shui is no longer a threat, just unpleasant.

To put it in negative terms, poor Feng Shui can be very unhealthy.

On the other hand, Qigong practice should help strengthen one's personal vibration to a level where poor feng shui is no longer a threat, just unpleasant.

This is a pretty good point that you bring up. However its all true unless you live near areas which are basically a sink or a drain for your energy (i.e. Cemeteries, Graveyards, etc) that can barely be helped by practicing Qigong, even if you're really far along in cultivation.

This is a pretty good point that you bring up. However its all true unless you live near areas which are basically a sink or a drain for your energy (i.e. Cemeteries, Graveyards, etc) that can barely be helped by practicing Qigong, even if you're really far along in cultivation.

OK this can be true, at least it makes no sense for a practicioner to live near any such places that drain Qi unless some special effect is desired..

I must be lucky. There is a cemetery nearby that I LOVE to go to (and used to go to every day). It is a gem, wonderfully landscaped, an brilliant emerald in this asphalt laid city. Never usurps my energy. :)

Yeah let me clarify that I personally have never experienced a cemetery as a draining place. Many offices, homes, schools and other public buildings I have for sure.

57093797.jpg

72821864.jpg

If you ever go to any of those two places, you will realise what the power of FS really is. :)

Edited by Gerard

Sign in to follow this