island

Where to practice in nature?

I am off into the Himalayas for a couple of months, can anyone offer any advice on whether to practice Qi gong and Tai chi near water, trees, rocks, grass, in snow, the wind, at altitude, different weather conditions etc?

I am off into the Himalayas for a couple of months, can anyone offer any advice on whether to practice Qi gong and Tai chi near water, trees, rocks, grass, in snow, the wind, at altitude, different weather conditions etc?

I'd say trees, or as high up as you can safely go.

Keep the 5 elements in mind.

Definitely I like to practice in the outdoors, in the fresh air, near nature, like grass, trees, bog rocks etc. yes.

However, be aware of temperature, whether the temperature is too cold, too hot, too dry, too damp, etc.

Chinese medicine has guidlines for this kind of thing I believe, so I would recommend looking into Chinese medicine as the best source to answer your questions.

In general they say stay warm, especially in cold weather.

As i recall it's good to practice wherever there are lot of negative ions in the air: from what i've read this occurs at higher altitudes where the air is purer.

-But in general its more enjoyable to practice outdoors. But also be-careful not to practice in environments that are too windy because it supposedly saps your chi when you are practicing Chi-Gung.

Himalaya's? Dude if you can breath, you can practice anywhere. It's not where you cultivate your energy but how. Root yourself to the ground and then go at it. Nothing magical. Here's an 8 step form you can do, pretty simple but very effective. Oh, and try not to work out when it's so dang cold. Body does not work well with hypothermia. Happy journey!!!