Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

The nature of dreams?

So um i was thinking that um if one were to hold a yoga pose for 3 dream hours that is time in a dream would one then master it in that context of the dream? Could one emass siddhis in the dream world? so that one becomes the lord of dreams in there dreams?

These question came about because like a couple of years ago i had a dream where i was able to do pyrokinesis. I thought this was one of my prophetic dreams in that i would be able to do it in real life. but as of yet i cant. So i got to thinking what if it was not ment to be in real life but in the dream world.

Anyone ever talk with god or a high level being that would be able to answer questions about the universe? cause i have some questions about aliens and the ancient peoples of the world and such.

Plus there is always the argument that dreams are real and that this world if the dream.

Edited by mewtwo

Your question is extremely vague, but let me say this:

Anything is possible in dreams because from what i've read and experienced we create dreams through our own mental bouncing from thought to thought.

Just because you projected fire from your finger-tips in a dream does not mean you are destined to do so in the future.

-Are day to day mental meanderings often show in our dreams, if your thinking about siddhis all day then guess what will probably show up in your dreams?!

-Also i'll dare say that focusing on Siddhis or enlightenment is often a distraction and just a product of the ego.

-You talked about being Lord of your Dreams. Although i have never had a lucid dream it is my understanding that once you develop a degree of mental acuity and stillness you can create your own dreams with your thoughts through lucid dreaming.

-For more info on the nature of dreams and interpreting them Bruce Vance's book Dreamscape is a good reference. http://www.amazon.com/Dreamscape-Voyage-Alternate-Reality-Quest/dp/0835606481/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

-My 2 cents, peace.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

Be careful with dreams, because they can conform frighteningly well to your expectations.

If you think that in a dream you'll be able to speak with God, with a higher power, have siddhis, be king of the world, then guess what? You will be.

But when you wake up (or maybe even years later), you'll realize you weren't doing anything but (literally) living in your dreams, conversing with a mental construct of your own making, who just spit out the answers you wanted to hear, with absolutely no relevance to any other type of reality.

If you think you really do have prophetic dreams, then you need to work on developing that to a degree where you can figure out if they are even reliably prophetic. If you had a dream where you were eating a turkey sandwich, then two days later you eat a turkey sandwich, well, to me that means absolutely nothing. I think (and dream) of things all the time that don't happen, and then I think (and dream) of things all the time that do happen. Does that mean I'm prophetic? Or does it just mean that my mind covers enough mental territory to cover all the bases?

In order to prevent self delusion, I think one needs to investigate and develop these phenomena until you can really be sure that what you have is, in fact, a form of precognition. And that comes WAY before figuring stuff like pyrokinesis.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Hello everyone!,

I'm sure you've all heard it before but I haven't seen it

yet on here... Dreams are a form of Shared Consciousness.

When we dream... where is it that these events happen?

Is what we perceive in a dream, only taking place in our minds?

If in fact we all are existing within a Holographically complete universe....

then each one of us is only the smallest of parts of the whole. Holographically,

meaning that even the smallest part of the larger item contains all of the

information that is contained with the much larger whole.

No matter how small the piece is... no information is missing.

And everything that is, and ever will be of the whole, also exists inside of us,

at all times... We are just not able to normally access it in the conscious state

of mind, but when sleeping, or in very deep meditation.... we attain this level

of consciousness and are able to do all manner of things.

So... Dreaming is a shared state of consciousness with the universal unknown.

When people have prophetic dreams, they are merely accessing this information,

which is all and everything happening at once. There is no time, there is no separation,

there is only information, knowledge and experience to be shared, which these

people do and then bring the information back to the conscious level.

Peace!

So um i was thinking that um if one were to hold a yoga pose for 3 dream hours that is time in a dream would one then master it in that context of the dream? Could one emass siddhis in the dream world? so that one becomes the lord of dreams in there dreams?

These question came about because like a couple of years ago i had a dream where i was able to do pyrokinesis. I thought this was one of my prophetic dreams in that i would be able to do it in real life. but as of yet i cant. So i got to thinking what if it was not ment to be in real life but in the dream world.

Anyone ever talk with god or a high level being that would be able to answer questions about the universe? cause i have some questions about aliens and the ancient peoples of the world and such.

Plus there is always the argument that dreams are real and that this world if the dream.

Anyone ever talk with god or a high level being that would be able to answer questions about the universe?

Prayer is asking, talking - Meditation is listening, hearing, recieving. But not necessairily from a god but maybe only a more evolved existance

````````````````````````````````

Yes - you need to fix your e-mail.

Go to see the movie "Inception" a few times and maybe you will leave with a hint of the reality of the dream world.

Unless you are naturally gifted dream work takes time and effort. IMO many dreams are 'junk' dreams, misc regurgitations of days events and various fears and wishes. Recurring dreams go beyond that, showing aspects the subconscious wants us to examine. Dream work goes very deep as you gain lucidity.

Personally I don't buy into the whole are we may be butterflys dreaming we're men dictum. A great modern teacher is Robert Bruce, he's done lots of research and has quite a bit of free material available.. Here is a link to an interview

http://www.theartofastralprojection.com/blog/interview-with-robert-bruce and

http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/

Michael

at a mystery school i was once told "never forget other life exists in your dreams."

i really believe that we can experience some lower astral realms within dreams.

www.waykiwayki.com

Edited by wayki

Sign in to follow this