Immortal4life

The Taoist Long Men system of Wudang mountain

Most people who are even a little familiar with the chinese arts of Qigong or Taiji, have probably heard of Wudang mountain. Many qigong forms, are considered to be connected to or from Wudang. With some systems it is sometimes hard to verify if there is a direct connection to Wudang, or if it is just named after Wudang for reputation purposes or if there is only a vague connection of being inspired by Wudang.

One of the most famous Taoist systems of qigong however, is the Taoist Long Men or Dragons gate tradition. This is without a doubt a real Wudang system. In the past it was very difficult to get an oppotunity to learn it, and was quite exclusive. Even today it may not be easy to find.

An inheritor of the 17th generation of the Taoist Long Men tradition and Wudang qigong system was the great Pei Xirong.

Information about Grandmaster Pei Xirong.-

http://wushuguan.wordpress.com/interview-with-master-gao/about-master-pei-xi-rong/

http://wulinmingshi.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/pei-xirong/

Wudang Qigong has a very long history. Its history is several hundred years old. My teacher was Master Pei Xirong. He learned from a Taoist monk named Xu Benshan. He learned Wudang Qigong in addition to other Wudang Martial Art styles. Wudang Qigong concentrates on exercising the main 14 acupuncture meridians. Chinese Qigong is divided into two main categories of practice. The first is sitting or still Qigong. The second is moving Qigong. Wudang Qigong has both of these in its practice.

Here is the only video I could find online of any footage of the Wudang system of the Taoist Longmen tradition. The editing is horrible, but the qigong system and movements it shows are absolutely some of the best qigong there is-

Edited by Immortal4life

Its too bad I havent yet been able to find any more videos of this system, but even in the chopped up clips on the video I did find, you can see a certain quality to the mans movements, and you can see his strong body structure, which indicate he is very good.

Edited by Immortal4life

http://www.masterwu.net/wu_lineages.htm

Ask VCraigP about this matter he is a student of this look below his Avatar there he place this information.

Q

Most of the qigong material Master Wu has taught out is from the Ehmei lineage.

I don't believe he has published any videos of Wudang Longmen Pai material.

Craig

I'm working to publish more information on that page as well as the other Linages Master Zhang holds. This last weekend I was able to scan a lot of the old scrolls and photos which are in the photos section on the Long Men Pai page. Some items I was not allowed to post, but in time I should be able to do so (most likely several years).

Master Wu was a student of Master Zhang (I've seen him in original class photos). I don't know who the master is that named him as a lineage holder... this is subject to debate unless he can provide that information. By no means am I saying that Master Wu is questionable, but if he is a lineage holder of Long Men Pai then he can show his lineage and name the Master who made him a lineage holder.

If there is anything in particular you think should be published just let me know, I'll take the matter up with Master Zhang and see what we can do ;) We're just now revamping his site and getting the information together. This Apr/May we plan to do a week long retreat in the desert in Cali if anyone is interested... it will be a great opportunity to work closely with Master Zhang :)

• Like 3

Wu Dang is a big mountain range, there may still be some hidden lineages - China has not revealed all its secrets.

Edited by ben

Yeah thank you for contributing. I wasn't really that aware of any other lineages except for through Grandmaster Pei Xirong.

Edited by Immortal4life

Yeah thank you for contributing, I may have mixed some words up in the OP.

I also wasn't really that aware of any other lineages except for through Grandmaster Pei Xirong.

If you check out Lu Zijian on google you'll find a lot of cool info, he's a great living example (118 atm I believe) of Long Men Pai. His life story is quite remarkable, the man can still move too; go go gadget fire dragon!

Heres a video clip I found of Lu Zijian, a testament to the benefits of Internal Alchemy imo.

That was awesome. (The exact history of Tung Hai-Chuan is still un-known, he may have been very old by the time he came to Beijing and transmitted Bagua.)

Edited by ben
  • Like 1

Thare are many Longmen Pai branches today in China.Wudang Shan is one of them.It is the line that produces Wu Liu Pai and Qianfeng Xian Tian Pai.

This line recived some unique elements that other Longmen dont have....

First it integrated 5 Dragon cult from time of Fangshi and Shamans which all today call 5 Immortals.It also integrated some of Zheng Yi elements from schools Qing Wei Pai and Shen Xiao Pai,mainly Thunder Rites(Varja).

On Wudang it looks that Longmen is clouse with Shang Feng Pai and Xi Pai(western school) known as Yin Xian Pai or You Long Pai.

Ormus

• Like 1