How do you guys feel about reiki? Could it be considered a type of qigong, or medical qigong? Has anyone here ever practiced it or has had treatments, what is your interpretation of it? How does it compare with the healing efficiency of medical qigong or other practices? Just curious I know alot of people are reiki practitioners out there, to me it just seems like watered down medical qigong which can be easily learned over a weekend. I mean I had a shiatsu massage with a guy who told me he was a level 3 reiki master and uses it in his massages, well it was a nice relaxing massage but I don't think I even felt any healing energy from it or really benefited from the reiki massage in the long run. Just my interpretation, I'm interested in finding out what other people here think about it.

i feel that whichever energy moving system anyone uses one must become adept in being able to lead the energy with their intent. also their intent is what defines the use of this energy i.e. for healing.

it is usual that before one can heal another they have first healed themself. for me alot of this has much to do about feeling the energy. there is a basic diagnostic process and part of it is intuitive.

at some point all of these systems overlap. the practioner must have understanding of what they are trying to accomplish.

From my personal experience i've found that reiki is a simple effective way to relaxation and relieving stress.

-As far as i know reiki has nothing to do with Chi-Gung. Also in my experience Reiki requires no real skill or practice, you simply receive a reiki blessing or attunement which opens you up to being able to give reiki.

-It is a passive form of healing that doesn't utilize intent, nor do you control the flow of energy.

-I am a level 1 Reiki user and have found it very handy for personal relaxation and relieving stress.

Pranic Healing has been shown to be more effective?

I got reiki lvl 1 training. In all honesty, the only effects I've noticed from it is a calming light feeling from reiki, and light healing. It's a light form of healing, it's not drastic, might need more than one session, is probably more effective for light ailments, but can probably help for more serious ones. Help but not cure.

The other thing I've noticed is that I could get tap water to actually taste pure.

The different with reiki and qigong is that qigong is a complete system with medical knowledge and there are a lot of specific treatment protocols. The other main difference is that in reiki you use or external qi or some believe heanvely qi (because it comes from above into the crown, which comes from "the heavens"), and some even say only through a link with the lineage carriers. A "special energy" with a spiritual quality that seems to be guided by some type of heavenly intelligence. Once it is channeled into a specific part with a general idea it "knows" exactly what to do, or how to balance. Supposedly. With qigong, they basically cultivate qi, and make it part of their own bodily qi first, and develop qi skills, and healthy qi body and then they can start healing.

Pranic healing also uses 'external qi'. I haven't really studied all that much pranic healing yet, but it seems good. It's a whole lot better than 'energy work' by Robert Bruce that's for sure, which seems like a spin-off.

Edited by Non

How do you guys feel about reiki? Could it be considered a type of qigong, or medical qigong? Has anyone here ever practiced it or has had treatments, what is your interpretation of it? How does it compare with the healing efficiency of medical qigong or other practices? Just curious I know alot of people are reiki practitioners out there, to me it just seems like watered down medical qigong which can be easily learned over a weekend. I mean I had a shiatsu massage with a guy who told me he was a level 3 reiki master and uses it in his massages, well it was a nice relaxing massage but I don't think I even felt any healing energy from it or really benefited from the reiki massage in the long run. Just my interpretation, I'm interested in finding out what other people here think about it.

It helps to be attuned yourself. If you're not attuned, you might not be open to it's experience. I've been attuned only to level 1, but man I feel it very acutely. Both from me, and from others. Supposedly it's what the Buddha used, but I have no real verification on this. I think Dr. Usui said that. Anyway... I think it's wonderful, but that's just my personal experience.

I do have a question though: What is wrong with using external qi for healing?

Why is it considered any different from qigong? Qigong methods also use external qi, they bring in the external qi and make it their own and build up their bodies with qi which can take many months if not years. Why the need to do that?

If a person can just become proficient in having that external qi in their bodies to be projected On Demand, why not do so? It certainly seems faster if you are pressed on time, and a person can also at least practice Energetic Hygeine like pranic healing practices, and also reiki does. Though pranic healing has more knowledge of different systems, including even qigong.

It helps to be attuned yourself. If you're not attuned, you might not be open to it's experience. I've been attuned only to level 1, but man I feel it very acutely. Both from me, and from others. Supposedly it's what the Buddha used, but I have no real verification on this. I think Dr. Usui said that. Anyway... I think it's wonderful, but that's just my personal experience.

You also gotta be careful of the type of reiki you learn. I hear the most mainstream form of reiki taugh tint he west is not really traditional. It's best to see a traditional practitioner.

I got my certification from this guy : www.reikihelp.com

I researched his lineage and it's pretty good. Although he's had to retrain himself because he learned the 'commercialized' western version of reiki. So he sought another who learned the traditional form. It's a bit pricey though. One of these days I'll go back to him when I have the money and the time.

You also gotta be careful of the type of reiki you learn. I hear the most mainstream form of reiki taugh tint he west is not really traditional. It's best to see a traditional practitioner.

I got my certification from this guy : www.reikihelp.com

I researched his lineage and it's pretty good. Although he's had to retrain himself because he learned the 'commercialized' western version of reiki. So he sought another who learned the traditional form. It's a bit pricey though. One of these days I'll go back to him when I have the money and the time.

Yes, I understand. I learned directly from the lineage of Usui.

I do have a question though: What is wrong with using external qi for healing?

Why is it considered any different from qigong? Qigong methods also use external qi, they bring in the external qi and make it their own and build up their bodies with qi which can take many months if not years. Why the need to do that?

If a person can just become proficient in having that external qi in their bodies to be projected On Demand, why not do so? It certainly seems faster if you are pressed on time, and a person can also at least practice Energetic Hygeine like pranic healing practices, and also reiki does. Though pranic healing has more knowledge of different systems, including even qigong.

Wouldn't it be best if a person who trains in qigong knows the other types of healing so he can heal with energy on-demand, rather than having to build up his own qi only to have it expended on the person receiving the healing?

"I've heard from some people that Reiki was a very powerful "release" for them. I imagine the more "in the dark" or less aware you are the heavier the hammer you get hit with."

I'm not sure. In the "dark" concerning what/how exactly? I can't speak to my previous level of awareness, it seems I've always been this way :P

But that's how it goes, huh? ;)

Lin Aiwei has some REALLY interesting posts about Reiki.

Really? Like what? I can't find anything on google. I can find about him but not on him and reiki.

I read somewhere someone's own thoughts of reiki was that it's attunements are actually attachments to the crown chakras, connecting all those in the lineage. I forgot what else, but yea... that guy didn't like the reiki energy.

Sorry, you'd have to dig it out on your own, it's worth it.

Just too damn complicated... especially because last i looked he writes his name in Chinese...

Sorry, you'd have to dig it out on your own, it's worth it.

Just too damn complicated... especially because last i looked he writes his name in Chinese...

Are they good/bad, or against reiki?

Are they to be found here on the forums or elsewhere on the net?

cd you give us a rundown, without actually convoluting (i know may be hard).

I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Besides, I don't judge them in a good/bad frame, just interested in his experience.

He practices meditation and healing, and has a really nice comunity, as far as I know.

Won't hurt to ask him personally...

Oh, I was reffering to posts that he made on the TTB

Heh, RV so much for the intelligence of the universe if it kicked me into this stuff :lol:

Kidding :unsure::ph34r:

I don't know (yet) what kind of "energy" Reiki is and I don't know how it "works" and I would from now on be on the lookout for people "transmitting" things that I'm not sure about. I guess when I went in for "Shaktipat" I had already read people's experiences with Santi and Susan, Glenn's books, I "knew" about detox and qi-gong syndrome by that point and I had learned a few "dealing with extra energy in the wrong places" techniques by then too.

I'm not sure that all Reiki practitioners inform their patients of the "healing crisis" part of treatment. I'm not sure that all Reiki patients are even going through such things.

Where was that comment on how much "in the dark" I must have been? Yeah, but if you're "in the dark" and you've never seen any light, how does that work?? Besides, I could be in the dark right now about so many things and not know it... frog in the well.

Thankfully one has to be willing to accept such things, so it's not like someone can come and "Reiki" you without your consent <_< Ah, would that many other things in life were as honest!

I read about the practices laid out by Usui that he recommends to masters and they seemed pretty "regular" compassion/awareness/emotional training exercises. There were some moves in there that looked like qi-gong moves too (although it now seems to me that everything is "qi-gong" these days :P)

forum

sorry, my mistake, i should have made it clearer: Lin Aiwei posted on the TTB about this reiki thing...

yup, I found it. Very interesting...now I see how it connects with some of the things I've said bfore in the post.

AS for pranic healing.. well it is a step closer to having some of the "qi manipulation skills" that qigong has. Though qigong seems more focused on cultivation for personal transformation.

as for the enrgy transmission part... well Robert Bruce's Energy Work, has healing based on energy transmission. Is any transmission based healing work which uses Energy On-Demand (ie, external qi gotten for qi transmission moments before) the same as spirit-ual energy transmission? Ten what's the difference between qi and ling qi? I guess some epople have to be careful of their focus, otherwise they could be getting ling qi instead of.. eh.. qi qi..

Edited by Non

One of Ya Mu (Michael Lomax)'s students had learned pranic healing before studying with Ya Mu. He said his results were good when he was practicing. He also found EFT to be efficient.

Remember, the single most important component of effective healing is the energy body of the healer.

Just want to point out that the student you reference also said (his words) that he got more out of one Stillness-Movement workshop than from 10 years of practice of the other systems and reading over 200 books on the subject of energy healing.

Right you are about the energy body.

First, let me point out a statement made previously on this thread which really says a lot:

I Also the thing is Reiki practioner seem to develop something distrubing in the field I can not describe because of the "Filters" (Refering to you Ya Mu)and the place where the Chakras are aprox are see to be out of balance- very strange.

... the lifeessence also the Universal Energy is raw and is not digest for the patient. It puts stress to digest the energy.

Now I reference a blog post of mine:

The Importance of Energy Body Transformation/ Dan Tian Development for the Healer